Outside the Lines (ESPN) focusing on SU/Big East on NOW!! | Syracusefan.com

Outside the Lines (ESPN) focusing on SU/Big East on NOW!!

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
JB will be on, as well as a few others discussing the SU/Pitt move to the ACC and how it effects the college sports landscape.

I love that in the interview yesterday, Tranghese called Bob Ley "Mike."

Andy Katz says ND will only go as a last resort. Tranghese isn't so much mad, as disappointed. The remainder of the Big 12 goes as Texas goes. That's about all they've covered so far.

When you step back and watch this media circus, it becomes so evident how Marinatto and company really bungled football management over the last few years.

I mean, just the fact that Tranghese is getting all the face time as the retired commish speaks volumes...

Thanks for the update. I'm also at work, so anything else is greatly appreciated.

JB just indicated again that he wasn't really aware until last Thursday that this was going to happen.

"It's all about football. If it was about basketball, we'd still have a nice nine team Big East league."

Very sad to be leaving the Big East but excited about this new opportunity.

"The people in Greensboro are mad at me already." - ha. He's trying to make amends.

Big East has raided conferences in the past as well, and might do so again. It's just part of college sports. In 10 years, if there are all 16 team super conferences, what will become of the rivalries? Will everyone be happy? Hopes the Big East can survive and be able to move past what's happening with Pitt and SU.

Asked about if he was consulted: "Do they ask you what your opinion is on new ESPN programming?" "Jim Boeheim coaches the basketball team, he has nothing to do with how Syracuse University is run."

"It is what it is."

"We'll make the best of it."

That about sums up his feelings through the interview.

JB is doing well... looking forward to moving to the ACC. Liked the old rivalries in the BigEast but we'll build new ones in the ACC. The BigEast raided conferences as well and this has been going on for 50 years.

JB always tells it like it is.

I think you can garner from that interview that he prefers to be in the conference that DOES the raiding, as opposed to the conference that was raided.

But he did make a great point, the Big East has a history of raiding other conferences when it was in their best interest. They had no problem raiding the A-10 and crippling C-USA in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom