Over on the Duke board... | Syracusefan.com

Over on the Duke board...

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
The usual Boeheim is a whiner, why is Ennis better than cook..."gauntlet" week for them.

How about this gem...

"Like Coleman, Rakeem Christmas has been a bust too. Was #2 center in country and averages 6 ppg and 4 reb."

I hate people who base all their basketball opinions on stats...and not even all the stats. Morons. Watch a game.

Let them chirp. Talk will have zero impact on next Saturday's game.

Looking forward to settling this on the court.

What happened to the "Truth About Duke" site? That was good reading.

80% of their Pitt predictions have them winning by 10+ pts at the Pete. Really? There is a fine line between being confident, and being stupid.

db9b3141492340dcce6f51f84eaebc78a699bc75f4ec2ef2ed82c7bfb6cb7466.jpg

Truly, they have no freaking idea what's gonna hit 'em.

Well Jim is isn't really a whiner as much as he used to be. He was pretty whiny in the early to mid 90s.

Well Jim is isn't really a whiner as much as he used to be. He was pretty whiny in the early to mid 90s.

Well... I don't really think he was ever actually whiny. He DEFINITELY used to be more emotional on the sidelines earlier in his career, but not whiny.

What he was [and is] is a gawky, awkward looking guy who often has funny facial expressions that make it look like he is whining--especially when he gets that faux look of disbelief that all coaches put on. I think his reputation for being ostensibly whiny is more about him looking whiny than actually being whiny. :noidea:

Last edited:
The past 4 games, Duke has shot 40.7% from 3, making over 9 a game out of 22 attempts. They have taken 91- 3 point shots vs 129 two's. Their strength is the 3 point shot our defense hopes most offenses take.

We average a little over 5 - 3 pointers made out of almost 14 attempts a game in our last 4 games.

Looks like we want to take away their 3 point shots and they would want to force us to shoot them. Ironically both teams play the opposite defense known to accomplish it.

Cheriehoop said:
The past 4 games, Duke has shot 40.7% from 3, making over 9 a game out of 22 attempts. They have taken 91- 3 point shots vs 129 two's. Their strength is the 3 point shot our defense hopes most offenses take.

We average a little over 5 - 3 pointers made out of almost 14 attempts a game in our last 4 games.

Looks like we want to take away their 3 point shots and they would want to force us to shoot them. Ironically both teams play the opposite defense known to accomplish it.

Their main strength is that they don't turn the ball over. Teams that take care of the ball & shoot it well from deep scare me the most.

Their main strength is that they don't turn the ball over. Teams that take care of the ball & shoot it well from deep scare me the most.

Good passing team too. Second only to Pitt in assists in the conference. Sulaimon seems to be emerging from his extended slump (even the last game when he didn't shoot it so well). I've been looking for what's been the difference the past 4 games for them and the thing that most strikes me is Sulaimon's improved play.

Last edited:
80% of their Pitt predictions have them winning by 10+ pts at the Pete. Really? There is a fine line between being confident, and being stupid.

Yes, it is called being a fan :).

The usual Boeheim is a whiner, why is Ennis better than cook..."gauntlet" week for them.

Coach Boeheim, a whiner? This is the first time I have heard this......

All coaches work the officials. Each coach has his own way of doing so. Coach K bullies them and JB used to work them by...whining. One of the things I have noticed in the past few seasons is that JB seems to work the refs by not working them. Oh, sure when he thinks he got a bad call he lets it be known-like yesterday's 3 point alley oop. However, when a bang bang play goes against us, he often seems to be telling the player why the play was called a certain way. This attitude seems to have transferred to the players as Orangeyes pointed out in another thread. The result is a much more likable coach and team.

Yes, it is called being a fan :).
I get the notion of expecting to win, but to predict a 20 pt victory on the road against a top 20 team known for physicality, in an arena you've never played in goes from homerism to idiocy.

It wasn't just that one irrational fan either...it was the majority.

Eh, we'll find out what's what on Saturday and nothing said here or there makes one iota of a difference. Of course, in the meantime...

tumblr_lznsx71Akw1r3zat8.gif

Boeheim whines while Coach K swears like a banshee at the officials the entire game. I am glad the same old talking point emerge. Duke fans have a right to be confident they have won 4 NCs in 1991 and while this year's team is nothing like their past teams if any fanbase wins multiple NCs they have a right to feel confident. However, they are crazy to think that their team which has lost @Notre Dame and Clemson is going to win at Pitt tomorrow. I actually want Duke to beat Pitt for ACC regular season title race. Duke has more potential Ls on their schedule than Pitt does. If we can beat Duke at the Dome then I want Duke to beat Pitt on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom