owens decommit | Syracusefan.com

owens decommit

... really? very unexpected. Out recruited by FIU. been a very bad week for SU football.

Damn, staff was very high on him to.

What is going on? Our recruiters ate not sealing the deal and it doesn't help we don't have a full staff to help the situation. Well here come the b listers. :(

What is going on? Our recruiters ate not sealing the deal and it doesn't help we don't have a full staff to help the situation. Well here come the b listers. :(
Uhhh one kid decommitted. And Glanton is 50/50. Relax.

Ouch I don't like this loss but life goes on. I was pretty high on him.

Uhhh one kid decommitted. And Glanton is 50/50. Relax.

Your right however you forgot to mention Manley. What will you say if we lose Manley Whitehurst and Owens? I usually am an optimist but this years recruiting has anything but reassuring with kids not sure scheduling trips to other schools etc. Marrone was proud to bring up the fact they were able to hold onto kids well he has a job to do this year.

Manley just decommitted, as well as Whitehurst. That's 3 by my count. And not to argue, but Glanton doesn't seem 50/50.
Neither decommitted. They said they were open to other schools, but were still committed.

What is going on? Our recruiters ate not sealing the deal and it doesn't help we don't have a full staff to help the situation. :(

This is a good point-I feel like every year we're a few assistants short on the recruiting trail b/c it takes Marrone so long to hire anyone. How come others can hire a whole staff before we can hire 2 assistants?

Will need to lock down Morgan and get 1 to 2 surprise recruits if things dont pick up here. Whitehurst would be a tough loss to swallow especially with $hady now involved.

Nobody really feels good about Manley or Whitehurst do they? This has been a really crappy off season. A class that was too full with linebackers might end up with only two. I know its not over yet but this recruiting season has been weird.

Nobody really feels good about Manley or Whitehurst do they? This has been a really crappy off season. A class that was too full with linebackers might end up with only two. I know its not over yet but this recruiting season has been weird.

Redshirting Virgile (spelling?) could turn out to be huge if we lose Owens and Whitehurst, shoudl probably bring in a project kid to develop if we lose both.

Really? Tell us exactly where you see that??

Manley: “I didn’t sign anything. I’m open to other schools. One new school that offered is Missouri. I’m still going to take my visits and choose where to sign after all my visits.”

Wait... If he's choosing where to sign... How can he be committed?

Same goes for Whitehurst, who will be making his decision this week.

Both players previously committed to SU and are now deciding between multiple schools. That's a DECOMMITTMENT in my book.

Maybe they didn't issue a statement like Owens, but it's the same thing.

Too bad, I liked Owens if only for the potential of yelling LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERROYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OWENS or "At Least I Have Chicken" after a big play.

You know, FLORIDA SPEED and all, but it's hard to overcome "close to home" if it is in fact that.

Let's not forget, Owens was definition of under-the-radar.

This is a good point-I feel like every year we're a few assistants short on the recruiting trail b/c it takes Marrone so long to hire anyone. How come others can hire a whole staff before we can hire 2 assistants?

I'd sure be curious to know how many coaches have been contacted. I'd rather 10 candidates turned us down than to think it took a month and a half to hire a ho hum position coach from Eastern Michigan; rather than moving quickly and getting a coach out on the road.

2 years in a row now dragging feet on hiring assistants. I can understand that Marrone is thorough and wants to make a good hire but give me a break, use your 8 billion contacts and go hire some up and coming hotshot recruiter. For one assistant who gives a sht if he can coach or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom