Class of 2022 - P/K Brady Denaburg (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 P/K Brady Denaburg (FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22)

My guess is that his decision to commit yesterday was last minute and unexpected. So nothing was prepared for his committal.

Makes sense. It's probably nothing but would have thought they would have added him to the Cuse.com website at least.

My guess is that his decision to commit yesterday was last minute and unexpected. So nothing was prepared for his committal.
Makes sense. Dino said on Packer and Durham yesterday morning SU had 2 commitments they were going to take. Those 2 were Kevin and Greg.

I don't think Dino knew Brady was going to commit and sign even at that point...

Yes. I think that not only did we get a surprise commit, the staff did too. :)
I hope it was a good surprise that was welcomed. It will sound funny given Szymt won the Groza Award a couple of years ago, but I have been pining for a kicker with Brady's leg forever.

Andre has a strong leg. Brady might get a 60 yarder some day. It will be interesting to see how their careers parallel each other.

After watching the NFL Playoffs we certainly know the value of the kicker, Bengals do not make it to the Super Bowl with out the strong leg and kicking prowess of Evan McPherson.

Andre was great for a couple of years and had a bad season this past one, do we go bowling if he makes the kick against Clemson and forces the game into overtime?

After watching the NFL Playoffs we certainly know the value of the kicker, Bengals do not make it to the Super Bowl with out the strong leg and kicking prowess of Evan McPherson.

Andre was great for a couple of years and had a bad season this past one, do we go bowling if he makes the kick against Clemson and forces the game into overtime?
Gives us a chance, no doubt. But, punting definitely set us back in every game.

Coach Lig is going to have the opportunity to put in some trick plays with Brady as the place kicker. He is more than capable of throwing or running, or even serving as a receiver on fakes.
or as the holder :)

This is a good get against Florida considering they have a pretty good record on kickers. The Bengals drafted McPherson last year and he had missed I believe a single field goal this year and kick the winning field goal in the last 2 games to get them to the Super Bowl.

This is a good get against Florida considering they have a pretty good record on kickers. The Bengals drafted McPherson last year and he had missed I believe a single field goal this year and kick the winning field goal in the last 2 games to get them to the Super Bowl.
I’m pretty sure the fact that SU offered him a scholarship and Florida only extended him a PWO offer helped us.

Same deal with Hofrichter choosing SU over Tennessee.

He's been clutch in the playoffs (6/6) though missed 2 straight FGs against the Packers earlier this season. That was the worst game for kicking that I have ever watched. Crosby missed 3 straight also. McPherson was 28/33 for the regular season.

I am excited. The other thing is Brady was the player of year for the Space Coast. He led his team to the state finals playing QB. And he was a dual threat QB.

Coach Lig is going to have the opportunity to put in some trick plays with Brady as the place kicker. He is more than capable of throwing or running, or even serving as a receiver on fakes.
Can he jump over guys?

I am excited. The other thing is Brady was the player of year for the Space Coast. He led his team to the state finals playing QB. And he was a dual threat QB.

who needs trick plays, give me a guy that is reliable from distance, anything else is gravy. Team plays in a dome, should have a kid where the line to get results in the ball being spotted on the 45 and going through the goal posts.

I’m pretty sure the fact that SU offered him a scholarship and Florida only extended him a PWO offer helped us.

Same deal with Hofrichter choosing SU over Tennessee.
Out of the 85 kids on ships Punter Kicker snap are well worth 4- 6 ships. My guess is each season between field goals and punting( field position) a minimum of 2 games are won or lost.