Parking Pass for Next Season? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Parking Pass for Next Season?

North Manley is the best, great location and even better people.
Is this what the University is calling the "Comstock Ave./Colvin Street Lots"? I used to park there for single games when I was coming from the eastside. I forgot that you can get there from 81 as well

Is this what the University is calling the "Comstock Ave./Colvin Street Lots"? I used to park there for single games when I was coming from the eastside. I forgot that you can get there from 81 as well
Yup, you’ll want COML

78406F66-08F5-4B75-BEDE-6C61600B13AA.jpeg

It is actually a pretty simple system and meant to balance current year giving with lifetime donations.

First criteria is Giving Level - All Conference, Captain, Varsity, etc. You are assigned a level based on your commitment for the current year. That way if you choose a payment plan you are given full credit for the entire donation amount of your season tickets as soon as you make the first payment even if payment in full isn’t complete for months.

Second criteria is Priority Points. You only accrue Priority Points when you actually make a donation. And there are different weightings for current year donations to Athletics and lifetime giving to Athletics and the general University. Priority Points rank within a giving level only, so it is possible that someone with fewer priority points but at a higher giving level for the current year may hold a better Donor Rank.

At the lower giving levels there are thousands of donors with relatively low priority points so the few hundred dollars that a donor who pays in full by the lock date can move him or her up hundreds of spots. May seem unfair, but it’s just math. Most of our ACC peers assign solely based on current year giving and only two other programs were awarding a donation credit for virtually every level of season ticket purchase when this system was put in place.

Any ranking system will end up with somebody feeling it is unfair to their specific scenario, but the fact of the matter is that there was enough inventory available the last two years to give every season ticket holder the opportunity to purchase an A or B level parking pass.

Best way to improve your ranking is to move up a giving level. If your total pledged donation is within a menial amount of the next giving level, making a small donation outside of ticket purchases prior to the lock date can move you up hundreds of spots. If you are not close to the next level simply prepaying one payment on your payment plan before the lock date can have a significant impact as well.

It is actually a pretty simple system and meant to balance current year giving with lifetime donations.

First criteria is Giving Level - All Conference, Captain, Varsity, etc. You are assigned a level based on your commitment for the current year. That way if you choose a payment plan you are given full credit for the entire donation amount of your season tickets as soon as you make the first payment even if payment in full isn’t complete for months.

Second criteria is Priority Points. You only accrue Priority Points when you actually make a donation. And there are different weightings for current year donations to Athletics and lifetime giving to Athletics and the general University. Priority Points rank within a giving level only, so it is possible that someone with fewer priority points but at a higher giving level for the current year may hold a better Donor Rank.

At the lower giving levels there are thousands of donors with relatively low priority points so the few hundred dollars that a donor who pays in full by the lock date can move him or her up hundreds of spots. May seem unfair, but it’s just math. Most of our ACC peers assign solely based on current year giving and only two other programs were awarding a donation credit for virtually every level of season ticket purchase when this system was put in place.

Any ranking system will end up with somebody feeling it is unfair to their specific scenario, but the fact of the matter is that there was enough inventory available the last two years to give every season ticket holder the opportunity to purchase an A or B level parking pass.

Best way to improve your ranking is to move up a giving level. If your total pledged donation is within a menial amount of the next giving level, making a small donation outside of ticket purchases prior to the lock date can move you up hundreds of spots. If you are not close to the next level simply prepaying one payment on your payment plan before the lock date can have a significant impact as well.
Not what I was told by my ticket rep. Because my friend paid in full, and I was on the payment plan, they ranked higher. And oh , they paid in full on 5/23, long after the so called lock in period.

Not what I was told by my ticket rep. Because my friend paid in full, and I was on the payment plan, they ranked higher. And oh , they paid in full on 5/23, long after the so called lock in period.
Likely that you are both in the same giving level but he has a few more priority points based on having made full payment before the lock date. I think that’s saying the same thing, but if not, I guarantee you that I spent more time studying and helping advise on this system than any of the Ticket reps. If there is truly a disconnect, send me a PM with the rep’s name and I will be sure it gets addressed.

Likely that you are both in the same giving level but he has a few more priority points based on having made full payment before the lock date. I think that’s saying the same thing, but if not, I guarantee you that I spent more time studying and helping advise on this system than any of the Ticket reps. If there is truly a disconnect, send me a PM with the rep’s name and I will be sure it gets addressed.
Chris,

We were able to figure out the reason why your time slot is different.

Helen paid in full for their tickets, while you are on the payment plan so the priority points are different.

Furthermore, it looks as though your seats did not have a donation attached to them in the past, which is why it may not reflect even though you have had them for longer.

Your tickets do have a donation attached to them since 2019 and moving forward you will accumulate more priority points.

(email from my ticket rep. Helen told me she paid in full on 5/23. I’m on the payment plan. For some reason I now have a donation attached to my tickets since 2019, but not before? And when I look at my account, I don’t have any priority points? I rank 800 points higher than her, she gets to choose parking earlier than me! She doesn’t donate money, doesn’t have Bb tickets, and has been a season ticket holder for 4 years. I’ve had seasons for decades. Donor level doesn’t mean Jack)

My ticket rep called and left a message basically saying that my two decades plus of season tickets don’t amount to diddly. It’s pretty much, what have you done for me lately. Since I dropped a seat and moved to a cheaper section last year, “I git what I git and don’t throw a fit” like a colleague from my days in Atlanta used to say.

last I talked to SU they didnt even have records of season tickets going back much more than 20 yrs..

Parking is one of those things that every thinks is vastly over priced and yet places keep bumping it up. I mean when parking is 2x my ticket cost something is out of Wack.

they want to charge $5 for water, fine i just wont buy it..

its to the pt where an Uber is a better value if you live in the city

Parking is one of those things that every thinks is vastly over priced and yet places keep bumping it up. I mean when parking is 2x my ticket cost something is out of Wack.

they want to charge $5 for water, fine i just wont buy it..

its to the pt where an Uber is a better value if you live in the city
Supply and Demand.

Close in surface parking inventory has been reduced close to the Dome.

Comparatively speaking there are schools out there that charge even more when you factor in donation levels.

There were no issues. It’s self explanatory exactly how the process works. Every dollar and when is accounted for on your mycuse page.

If they counted beer sales, I'd be parking in that CTO lot right at the Dome.

And they would bring my car back to the hotel for me later that evening.

1E109AC5-FDFE-4C17-BB28-63836587B85C.jpeg
Just locked in for North Manley, price went up $10 but no big deal. Here is how many spots are left as of a couple minutes ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom