Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at the time. Might’ve taken her 15 months if she had been.
Just joshing. Obviously, you married well. :)

I remember a few years ago Seth Goldberg went off on the whole concept of "graduate transfers". The program had been in place about 5 seasons, and he said that no basketball player in the whole country had earned a graduate degree.

Of course, with the new transfer rules, academics will become even less of a priority to many college athletes.

I’m not sure what a first-tier school is, but I can tell you my wife got her masters at Newhouse in 12 months.
I got a master's in communications at Boston University going full-time for an academic year

I think that Duke degree may not be coming too soon. One year usually isn't enough to get a Master's at a first-tier school. Remember the celebration when Gillon got his? I'm not sure any of our other grad transfers have yet completed their course of study.
You didn't really think they were serious about that, did you?

Don't ever change.

Although, upon further reflection...
He just ignores the fact a Tape could never play for Duke and he will have gotten a free year of a graduate degree from a top 15 university.
Plus with this being a free year of eligibility be able to get another year free.

Kids like Tape aren’t making the NBA for them it is about a free education.

To CR it’s all about him. I swear he is like that girl from Willy Wonka Veruca Salt.

Tapé is finishing up his degree in urban studies at Columbia this spring with a goal of becoming an urban planner. Duke doesn’t offer a post-graduate degree program in that specific area, but Fuqua is rated the nation’s No. 9 business school.

Tapé’s basketball goals are to play in the NCAA tournament, have a chance to win a national championship and play professionally. Even if the graduate degree program isn’t an exact fit, Duke’s basketball side of things made it the right choice for Tapé in the end.

“After I made my decision, I was a little paranoid like I may have rushed into it,” Tapé said. “Things happened so quickly. I just realized to pursue basketball fully, Duke was the place.”

Tapé is finishing up his degree in urban studies at Columbia this spring with a goal of becoming an urban planner. Duke doesn’t offer a post-graduate degree program in that specific area, but Fuqua is rated the nation’s No. 9 business school.

Tapé’s basketball goals are to play in the NCAA tournament, have a chance to win a national championship and play professionally. Even if the graduate degree program isn’t an exact fit, Duke’s basketball side of things made it the right choice for Tapé in the end.

“After I made my decision, I was a little paranoid like I may have rushed into it,” Tapé said. “Things happened so quickly. I just realized to pursue basketball fully, Duke was the place.”

What a fool.

I agree with the sentiment that he is no fool, Columbia grad with potentially an MBA from Duke.

His goal was to focus on basketball. He must have made some concession on the program based on the sourced article. From his own words, if he was pursing playing basketball and then professional basketball, he did get played by duke
...or didn't get played, confusing.

Maxwell is obviously a great choice for a blossoming urban planner too.

Last edited:

Huh

He just ignores the fact a Tape could never play for Duke and he will have gotten a free year of a graduate degree from a top 15 university.
Plus with this being a free year of eligibility be able to get another year free.

To CR it’s all about him. I swear he is like that girl from Willy Wonka Veruca Salt.
He’s a Volcano Girl.

He de-committed from Duke. The was about to commit here before committing to Duke again. That chaps me.

It is easy to bust on Cuse Runner. His take here though is closer to reality than you guys are.

In the kids own words “After I made my decision, I was a little paranoid like I may have rushed into it,” Tapé said. “Things happened so quickly. I just realized to pursue basketball fully, Duke was the place.”

He isn't talking about pursuing a degree, he is talking about playing basketball and focusing on that.

He talks about pursuing basketball professionally, conceding on his masters degree to focus on basketball. This is not speculation, these are his words.

I'm sure he will be fine and is obviously a smart kid, but he got bamboozled based on nothing but his playing time this year and his own comments.

Cuserunner got one over on you guys, take the loss and get him next time. The heel needs a win here and there.

Where?

All those Insiders on this board and recruiting experts outside board said he was likely headed here. I have no sympathy for him. I'm passionate about my college basketball team and when we get done wrong like that and go to the enemy it chaps me.

I don't even know what the argument is here. That he made a bad decision? Do people really think he would be guaranteed playing time here? Who is sitting? Marek played 33 mpg last year and 35 this year? Quincy went from 20 to 33 and is our best player. If he's getting no time on the worst Duke team in 20 years then I'd hope he wouldn't be taking up mins from Q and we know Marek isn't going from 33mpg to 20 as a Senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom