Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather recruit a big and have him for four years. We already have 3.5 centers. We don’t need another one that might hurt the growth of our young bigs.

I’m all in need this type of player. just watched the Clemson game. Jessie Edwards won’t be ready for a couple more years

I’m all in need this type of player. just watched the Clemson game. Jessie Edwards won’t be ready for a couple more years
Sad but true and JBA wasn't ready at the start of the year and needed a redshirt year. This is where recruiting misses show up and why they probably need a grad transfer because Edwards and JBA are unlikely to have a huge improvement to be ready to log significant minutes next year

Time to close and lock it up.

I can only speculate, but moving a visit up -- particularly for SU's biggest home game of the season -- may suggest increasingly serious interest on Tape's part. Maybe even an anxiousness to finish this process sooner and being able to start planning ahead.

Yeah, I still have questions about how well Tape can play the back of the zone and how we make room to add a wing scorer to replace Hughes. But if we needed any more convincing about how important it is to add a center for next year, the Clemson game should have pretty well settled it. If nothing else, I hope this visit gets Sidibe's attention as he gets ready to battle Duke.

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but is Hughes likely to leave after this year?

Nobody has a clue. If they say yes or no they don’t know anything.
He’s the leading scorer in the ACC and when it comes to the NBA, the longer you stay in college, the more your draft stock drops.. if he wants to get drafted, after this year would likely be his best chance, so i think saying yes would be an educated assumption rather than not knowing anything.

I'm shocked we're interested.

What's not to like?

We've been interested in plenty of good bigs... we just can't land any of them.

The Syracuse.com article I found says he's a center, but he's listed as a forward on the Columbia site:

...and here:

"Tape, a 6-foot-9 junior power forward, left the program in early November, announcing plans to sit out the rest of the season and play elsewhere next season as a grad transfer. ..."

What's not to like?

We've been interested in plenty of good bigs... we just can't land any of them.

The Syracuse.com article I found says he's a center, but he's listed as a forward on the Columbia site:

...and here:

"Tape, a 6-foot-9 junior power forward, left the program in early November, announcing plans to sit out the rest of the season and play elsewhere next season as a grad transfer. ..."
Kids don't want to be labelled a center anymore, but if you watch his tape he is playing center

I dont think he’s quick enough to do the corner 3 high jump. Surprised they’re offering him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom