Patterson is orange | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Patterson is orange

Just watched a bunch of videos. Some they actually show every play he was involved in on offense. Not just highlights of him dunk and hitting threes. Actually show misses. What I noticed was he is actually very unselfish and is a very good passer. finds and sets up guys nice. Some of the games he easily had 7-8 assists. A bunch of times he drove into the lane and dished it off to teammates for easy shots or kicked it out to an open shooter. Handle looks pretty good. Better than I expected. He also looked very good at getting into passing lanes and stealing the ball which the staff must have loved.

I like him, in our system. He is a physical player and those arms offer him defensive and offensive options most players don't have. I see him as a 4 year player; like much of this class to date. My only concern is if MCW's leaves after this year who is the backup for Ennis at point?

I like him, in our system. He is a physical player and those arms offer him defensive and offensive options most players don't have. I see him as a 4 year player; like much of this class to date. My only concern is if MCW's leaves after this year who is the backup for Ennis at point?
Some outlets say we're still in on Jordan. But to me that doesn't seem likely. My best guess is maybe when Ennis is out we play 8-9 minutes a game of "ballhandle by committee" with MikeG, Cooney, and Patterson all in at the same time.

Some outlets say we're still in on Jordan. But to me that doesn't seem likely. My best guess is maybe when Ennis is out we play 8-9 minutes a game of "ballhandle by committee" with MikeG, Cooney, and Patterson all in at the same time.

At this point, it would only be if Mike declared for the draft in the spring. I see that as a long shot, personally. I think he needs more than 1 year of starting, although you never know what kind of strides he might make in a full season.

I think we take a stud forward - hopefully Roberson in the next week, and then that's it for this class.

I am comfortable that this staff considered this when making the offer. Their strategy for this class recruitment will be continued until we pick up our big-man recruit for this class. I personally like Vonleh to fill this slot (if he switches classes to 2013); although if we get Roberson it's difficult not to love him in this class. To me the difference here is in the athletic ability of Vonleh.

I think that Patterson is going to come in with a chip on his shoulder, determined to prove that Crean is an idiot.

I think were looking at the spring before we land our possible combo forward. believe we will hear Roberson to Nova this week unfortuanetly.

Rothstein tweet:

"Reports out of Syracuse are Ron Patterson's arms have grown 14 inches since he committed"
th_shaqoohhh.png

I am comfortable that this staff considered this when making the offer. Their strategy for this class recruitment will be continued until we pick up our big-man recruit for this class. I personally like Vonleh to fill this slot (if he switches classes to 2013); although if we get Roberson it's difficult not to love him in this class. To me the difference here is in the athletic ability of Vonleh.
Vonleh has already reclassified to 2013. I think last spot comes down to Vonleh, Roberson or Lawrence. Most likely Roberson

Won't hurt to have those 'Goose' Tatum arms at the top of the zone.

This kid looks like a great get. I absolutely love his footwork and shot preparation, that is harder to teach than the upper body/arms portion of shooting (took DNichols 2+ years to get his footwork sorted out and Triche is still working on his). Long arms, quick release, good footwork. Very excited to have a guard this polished as a shooter coming in. They'll want to work on his upper body mechanics a bit but it shouldn't take long to get his shooting tightened up.

His rainbow jumper and quick first step reminds me some of Carmelo.

Love hearing crean say that hes never even met another player with a plus 12 foot wingspan.

Love hearing crean say that hes never even met another player with a plus 12 foot wingspan.
12 foot wing span holy

Vonleh has already reclassified to 2013. I think last spot comes down to Vonleh, Roberson or Lawrence. Most likely Roberson
Don't forget Andrew Wiggins. He is by far the best player in the class. He is by far the best HS player who has come out in the past 1o years.

Getting him would make us prohibitive favorites to win the national championship. He is tight with Tyler Ennis. If we get him, it will be HUGE.

Don't forget Andrew Wiggins. He is by far the best player in the class. He is by far the best HS player who has come out in the past 1o years.

Getting him would make us prohibitive favorites to win the national championship. He is tight with Tyler Ennis. If we get him, it will be HUGE.
Didn't count him because I don't think there's a chance. Wiggins is going to Kentucky if I had to bet on it.

orangefan13 = Jon Rothstein

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom