Patterson is orange | Syracusefan.com

Patterson is orange

...and he was at 'Cuse on Friday...STEALTH...and applause to staff for offering and taking...'Cuse is a model school unlike Indiana, KY and others...we live up to our offers...

...and he was at 'Cuse on Friday...STEALTH...and applause to staff for offering and taking...'Cuse is a model school unlike Indiana, KY and others...we live up to our offers...
Really. Is our offer to Jordan still open :).

Wowww, Fairly surprised, wonder what happens with jordan, must not want to wait on him...now on to the 3 fowards...

Francis or anyone know the rationale for taking another 2G already having Cooney and Gbinge plus serious interest from Whitehead a 2014 top 25? I just don't get this signing.

Francis or anyone know the rationale for taking another 2G already having Cooney and Gbinge plus serious interest from Whitehead a 2014 top 25? I just don't get this signing.
I know one thing, things must have went south with jordan...or the fact we didnt want to wait for him.

I agree 100% with the coach, but we STILL need some who can play PG!

"Ron is an athletic guard who has shot the ball very well from the perimeter this fall," said Smith, the Brewster Academy coach, in an email. "He's an excellent defender and has tremendous length (6'10+ wingspan). I imagine his length would be very effective and beneficial in Syracuse's zone defense."

Now that he is Orange I wish him all the best, but I'm just not sure about this one. Think I would rather have pocketed the schollie for another year.

the staff thinks Cooney is off to the NBA and Gbinije will stricktly be a 3 next yr? kidding of course in case any of the posters with zero humor take that serious.

I like it, may not quite fill a need like Jordan would have with the ball handling, but he can still contribute. He can shoot it, sounds like will be a strong defensive player, and will be here 4 years. I'm sure the staff told him his best bet at seeing time next year was becoming a better ball handler, and I'm guessing he'll work on it because he wants to play. He's a tough kid who can provide physicality on the perimeter. Indiana fans all seemed to be a little disappointed on losing him and beore Crean dissed him he said in an interview he has all the physical tools, just needs to get fundamentals and better understanding of the game down. Both are things that can be fixed with hard work. The coaches at Brewster I'm sure will be able to help develop him some more as well. Also, he's a teammate of Chris McCullough for whatever thats worth.

He has one of the best jump shots I've ever seen from a high school player - regarding leg work. Almost makes arm work look like an insignificant afterthought. And SU coaches will still fine tune that.

The ball handling thing does seem questionable for now, but if Ennis is the main man at point, that weakens any disadvantage on that front.

It also seems like an underrated advantage of having Patterson is his odd wingspan. Tall players at guard can be a problem, but if he's basically eye to eye with great opposing guards, and is roughly the size Scoop and Dion were - but with a couple extra inches of arm length, then that could be GREAT in the passing lanes.

Well thank you Ron Patterson. Don't know if SJU will land Jordan, but this certainly can't hurt. And btw congrats on landing a good player in Patterson.

Looks like an established shooter who can create himself and off the dribble...Ball handling can always be worked on. Not a bad get in my book.

Well thank you Ron Patterson. Don't know if SJU will land Jordan, but this certainly can't hurt. And btw congrats on landing a good player in Patterson.
He's going to Temple if he's not Orange.

and is one high quality human being from what I hear... very happy to have this kid.

Not w
He's going to Temple if he's not Orange.

Not what I've been hearing but could be wrong. Regardless, don't want to hijack the thread, congrats on Patterson.

I love this signing. I am sure Jordan had his chance, but guys with the motor you want to play D are hard to find. He also seems to be very strong and a "natural" scorer. He reminds me a lot of Dion. Now when we first got Dion nobody thought he would become unselfish and be able to distribute even if not a true PG, no reason Buss can't develop along the same lines.

Many say with Trevor & Gbinje that we are all set at the 2G. That remains to be seen. Gbinje may well be more of a three and Trevor may leave a bit to be desired on the D end. I think the Buss signing solidifies that position.

As for PG, everyone assumes that MCW goes bye-bye. That may or may not play out, I suppose it is a happy problem if he departs because it means that he will have had a big season. If MCW stays then along w Ennis we will have great PGs next year. If MCW goes we will have a need for somebody to play 5 to 10 minutes in back of Ennis. Maybe a juco can fill that need if it actually materializes.

The staff has watched him a lot over the past month or so. They would know more about his abilities currently than any of us. This doesn't knock us out of the Jordan battle but if I was a Temple or SJU fan, I would feel good about my chances of landing him for reasons outside of Patterson committing to SU.

I like it, forget Jordan and let's put the full court press on Whitehead, and Briscoe obviously.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom