Paul McCartney Got Back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paul McCartney Got Back

Enjoyed the show. Too bad the acoustics are horrendous
They just can’t seem to figure out the sound issue at the Dome. New roof, new sound system, same problem.

05351EA1-180E-40EB-B740-94D8B2DA54FD.jpeg

They just can’t seem to figure out the sound issue at the Dome. New roof, new sound system, same problem.
Do they use the in-house PA system for concerts or is it all provided by the artist?

Enjoyed the show. Too bad the acoustics are horrendous

Could be a million other factors, but it seems like the hard ceiling is worse for echo than the old one was.

Either way, poor acoustics all around. Piano was miked too loud especially relative to the lead vocals; Paul's spoken interludes were inaudible. And that echo...

That said, good show. His highs are still very high.

Do they use the in-house PA system for concerts or is it all provided by the artist?
Most artists will bring in their own as they don't want to trust the quality of the house system.

Could be a million other factors, but it seems like the hard ceiling is worse for echo than the old one was.

Either way, poor acoustics all around. Piano was miked too loud especially relative to the lead vocals; Paul's spoken interludes were inaudible. And that echo...

That said, good show. His highs are still very high.
I went back and listened to a few snips I took on my phone and the sound was very different from what I experienced live (and that is not a statement about an "altered state"). In that I see why the balance was a bit out of whack for what you'd normally expect. Paul is sounding old, with a warble and occasionally out of key. I think they were trying to mask that as much as possible.

I was reminded of the Stern show playing the isolated mic of various artists like Enrique Iglesias, or coincidentally, Linda Eastman/McCartney. The re-listen was rough.

The highlight for me was walking the campus with my kids and hearing the noise of soundcheck. We walked into one of the lower gate entries and had a great view/audio of the soundcheck.

I went back and listened to a few snips I took on my phone and the sound was very different from what I experienced live (and that is not a statement about an "altered state"). In that I see why the balance was a bit out of whack for what you'd normally expect. Paul is sounding old, with a warble and occasionally out of key. I think they were trying to mask that as much as possible.

I was reminded of the Stern show playing the isolated mic of various artists like Enrique Iglesias, or coincidentally, Linda Eastman/McCartney. The re-listen was rough.

The highlight for me was walking the campus with my kids and hearing the noise of soundcheck. We walked into one of the lower gate entries and had a great view/audio of the soundcheck.

Agree, they were trying to hide him with heavy instrumentation. Same reason they did that weird chopped-up version of the first half of the Abbey Road medley, guess You Never Give Me Your Money was just going to be out of his range.

He still brought it on a few of them, though, thankfully. Worth it.

Very cool that you got to experience the soundcheck!

Agree, they were trying to hide him with heavy instrumentation. Same reason they did that weird chopped-up version of the first half of the Abbey Road medley, guess You Never Give Me Your Money was just going to be out of his range.

He still brought it on a few of them, though, thankfully. Worth it.

Very cool that you got to experience the soundcheck!
$2500 to get in, but free to look through the window. My apologies to anyone who was "in the room" that I just offended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom