Pearl Sneakers for Saturday | Syracusefan.com

Pearl Sneakers for Saturday

I'd buy these immediately if I could.

Edit: I have a feeling we'll be seeing throwback uniforms Saturday. No source, just my gut telling me.

I would love some jerseys like the one in my profile pic. In white, of course, and hopefully not with mismatched shorts this time.

That's what I'm thinking. They've already got custom sneakers from Nike, why wouldn't they do uniforms?

That's what I'm thinking. They've already got custom sneakers from Nike, why wouldn't they do uniforms?
Because we have a horrific record in "special" uniforms.

They should have just gone with the orange Nike Dunks that Pearl wore.

images

They look like special Kyrie 2's. They look pretty sweet.

(I'll get back to basketball soon, dont worry, but sometimes I feel compelled to say something more important than the typical reacharound posts folks give one another, not that theres anything wrong with that. At the risk of more unpopularity, I'm posting this in case it can reach at least one person, not necessarily the poster whom I'm replying to, whom I happen to like...this isnt personal. I wish my posts were more succinct and organized like many of you, but for now it's how it is)

If it had been anyone else, I would have let this go. However, you just a moment ago ridiculed religion that makes profit, and the similarities with this are not lost on me. I'm not saying they are making him Tupac doing hologram performances of Pearl's greatest hits, but the slippery slope certainly is in view, in my humble opinion.

If all the profits went to research for the real treatments and cures for cancer(I've seen at least 3-4 with plenty of documentation), and nothing to the American Cancer Industry(Big Cancer IS big, curing makes little to no money for them...they actively work to OPPOSE a cure..."run from The Cure(not the band)" is the name of the Rick Simpson story, whose government fought to suppress his findings.

Let me ask any thinking person this. With the tons of money available, why not at least do legitimate, unbiased research on these methods...Simpson, Gerson, the ones I'm not recalling now, etc.

What is the definition of insanity? I think donating to the American Cancer Society(wish I knew how to draw that line through it and replace it with) Industry. Actually that has a number of similarities to Big Religion, with a lot of donating and faith involved, and often limited returns. Odd how they numerous times cure the most RARE types of cancer...the types they wont lose much money on. Just a coincidence, right?

Anyhow, I'm serious that this post as at odds wth your one denouncing religion and profit for exploiting legends, which you posted in very close proximity to this one. Is the irony lost on you? Am I somehow off base with my observation? I'm not trying to nonpluss anyone with this post, and simply want to do a PSA even if it draws a negative reaction for some reason. Yes, I am bitter at cancer, but more bitter at the cancer industry. If you want to talk about a drug epedemic that leads to death, I'd say cancer treatments are a big one

On a similar note, originally, people labeled as HIV postive(partially from their answers, vs straight testing) were actually dying from the drugs they begged and fought to get the fda to approve. It was brilliantly presented in a documentary Called House of Numbers. People with all positions were in it, everyone who played the biggest parts. It won a number of festival awards, and I just found it online for free. I got a friend who is HIV+ to watch it in exchange for giving him a something he really liked to help his conditions, and his partner actually was upset with me because he was considering quitting his medication after watching it.

Watching that changed my whole overall view of big medicine(not just HIV related), and I wonder how many people wouldnt feel the same way. If you want to see some heavy hitters going at it with evidence, you could view this with a beer like a sporting event. There are moments of humor too. Heck, if I reach ONE person, this all would have been worth it.

The one time Jesus got angry was at the money changers, and a lot of money is changing hands with these cash cows. Maybe there are others who share similar feelings. Exploitation is often wrapped with talk of good intentions, but often there are other motive. **** the ACS. I'm not saying Pearl would have been cured, but the evidence we already have shows that numerous people have been through multiple methods. Even though Big Pharma wont use their research abilities for these techniques, at the very least they could stop actively suppressing the information, and let people make education decisions based on ALL of the alternatives available, not just the establishment BS.

I'll end by being bold and saying that if Pearl himself can see everything now including the long con, that he'd "like" my post. Good job with the 2 back to back contradictory posts, or else this wouldnt exist. I want to make sure when others are passionate, they will speak their minds rather than being bound in the mental prison of political correctness or arbitrary societal norms. RIP PEARL.

PS if anyone wants any further information on this, feel free to PM me(I dont want to be ridiculed for ruining the Imelda Marcos thread). I will be happy to look it up for you. I hope nobody ever needs it. I wrote this wih love for all of you, and all of those who could have had a different outcome, and their families.

(I'll get back to basketball soon, dont worry, but sometimes I feel compelled to say something more important than the typical reacharound posts folks give one another, not that theres anything wrong with that. At the risk of more unpopularity, I'm posting this in case it can reach at least one person, not necessarily the poster whom I'm replying to, whom I happen to like...this isnt personal. I wish my posts were more succinct and organized like many of you, but for now it's how it is)

If it had been anyone else, I would have let this go. However, you just a moment ago ridiculed religion that makes profit, and the similarities with this are not lost on me. I'm not saying they are making him Tupac doing hologram performances of Pearl's greatest hits, but the slippery slope certainly is in view, in my humble opinion.

If all the profits went to research for the real treatments and cures for cancer(I've seen at least 3-4 with plenty of documentation), and nothing to the American Cancer Industry(Big Cancer IS big, curing makes little to no money for them...they actively work to OPPOSE a cure..."run from The Cure(not the band)" is the name of the Rick Simpson story, whose government fought to suppress his findings.

Let me ask any thinking person this. With the tons of money available, why not at least do legitimate, unbiased research on these methods...Simpson, Gerson, the ones I'm not recalling now, etc.

What is the definition of insanity? I think donating to the American Cancer Society(wish I knew how to draw that line through it and replace it with) Industry. Actually that has a number of similarities to Big Religion, with a lot of donating and faith involved, and often limited returns. Odd how they numerous times cure the most RARE types of cancer...the types they wont lose much money on. Just a coincidence, right?

Anyhow, I'm serious that this post as at odds wth your one denouncing religion and profit for exploiting legends, which you posted in very close proximity to this one. Is the irony lost on you? Am I somehow off base with my observation? I'm not trying to nonpluss anyone with this post, and simply want to do a PSA even if it draws a negative reaction for some reason. Yes, I am bitter at cancer, but more bitter at the cancer industry. If you want to talk about a drug epedemic that leads to death, I'd say cancer treatments are a big one

On a similar note, originally, people labeled as HIV postive(partially from their answers, vs straight testing) were actually dying from the drugs they begged and fought to get the fda to approve. It was brilliantly presented in a documentary Called House of Numbers. People with all positions were in it, everyone who played the biggest parts. It won a number of festival awards, and I just found it online for free. I got a friend who is HIV+ to watch it in exchange for giving him a something he really liked to help his conditions, and his partner actually was upset with me because he was considering quitting his medication after watching it.

Watching that changed my whole overall view of big medicine(not just HIV related), and I wonder how many people wouldnt feel the same way. If you want to see some heavy hitters going at it with evidence, you could view this with a beer like a sporting event. There are moments of humor too. Heck, if I reach ONE person, this all would have been worth it.

The one time Jesus got angry was at the money changers, and a lot of money is changing hands with these cash cows. Maybe there are others who share similar feelings. Exploitation is often wrapped with talk of good intentions, but often there are other motive. **** the ACS. I'm not saying Pearl would have been cured, but the evidence we already have shows that numerous people have been through multiple methods. Even though Big Pharma wont use their research abilities for these techniques, at the very least they could stop actively suppressing the information, and let people make education decisions based on ALL of the alternatives available, not just the establishment BS.

I'll end by being bold and saying that if Pearl himself can see everything now including the long con, that he'd "like" my post. Good job with the 2 back to back contradictory posts, or else this wouldnt exist. I want to make sure when others are passionate, they will speak their minds rather than being bound in the mental prison of political correctness or arbitrary societal norms. RIP PEARL.

PS if anyone wants any further information on this, feel free to PM me(I dont want to be ridiculed for ruining the Imelda Marcos thread). I will be happy to look it up for you. I hope nobody ever needs it. I wrote this wih love for all of you, and all of those who could have had a different outcome, and their families.

Are you Bill Walton?

At UCLA no less, can you even imagine?

Happy thoughts! Way to get me back from negative land rather quickly. :) Good heavens, I think Hugh Hefner may have been jealous of him. Yeah, I will say Bill and I have some things in common, and I see him as bit of role model and self actualized human being. Sometimes we all can benefit from inspiration.

Hey, being its the Imelda Marcos thread already, feel at liberty to post some photos of this UCLA stuff you speak of. Somewhere JarHeadJim will be smiling. Ive never been on their campus, but I have at Stanford(apparently near their swim facility as I fulled over to read directions, and picked a good spot to park), and San Diego State, which led to one of my most adventurous stories, which ended up "downtown" lol. Everyone kept talking about "The TJ(tm)" for whatever reason.

Happy thoughts! Way to get me back from negative land rather quickly. :) Good heavens, I think Hugh Hefner may have been jealous of him. Yeah, I will say Bill and I have some things in common, and I see him as bit of role model and self actualized human being. Sometimes we all can benefit from inspiration.

Hey, being its the Imelda Marcos thread already, feel at liberty to post some photos of this UCLA stuff you speak of. Somewhere JarHeadJim will be smiling.
That will surely get this Waltonesque Tangent shut down.

Weird shoe question...I played hs basketball in the mid-late 90s. We had quality team shoes (Nikes). If I didn't wear my new sneakers around the house prior to the first practice my feet would be blistered and sore until they were broken in. So I ask, do I just have bad feet (possible), are the shoes today better, do players break all these different shoes in?

Ok, I will stop talking about Bill and curing cancer, but I may return to a very quick question: if you can see the irony between your two back to back posts. No need to get into it, but I found it important because you seemed so sincere with the other post, and then I saw his and probably looked like a dog that tilts it's head out of confusement. To be clear, I enjoy your posts man, this was nothing personal. I think you could see those I lashed out against. I just couldn't resist replying after seeing your anti-religion post right before seeing this one, and wondering if the similarities are not apparent to most.

Is Bill still doing color on Pac 10 games? If so, I'd like to find some streams if anyone cant point me in the right direction. ...****, you can choose to be grateful that I didn't go off on Big Footwear and their abusive labor practices with underage kids in 3rd world countries. One person can only do so much. I dont intend to leave topic often, but their are millions of people in this world that could potentially benefit if we took the first step and at least were aware of their situation. Much love, and the sneaks do look sweet! I think I may ban myself again for awhile so I dont rile anyone after I get riled. Seriously though, I'm guessing at least one person watches House of Numbers and sees things differently. Unfortunately, I cant give you all what I gave Dewey to watch the documentary. One doesnt need to have any connection to HIV to greatly benefit when the realization hits you.
Happier talk...maybe I could find the version of Kurtis Blow's song, "Basketball", which mentions Pearl. (I prefer it to the Bel Biv Devoe song that mentioned Rob Moore). No sleep last night, brain is tired, I ask you for leniency/clemency, but not necromancy.

I could find the version of Kurtis Blow's song, "Basketball", which mentions Pearl. (I prefer it to the Bel Biv Devoe song that mentioned Rob Moore). No sleep last night, brain is tired, I ask you for leniency/clemency, but not necromancy.

I think it mentions Earl the Pearl not Pearl Washington.

Weird shoe question...I played hs basketball in the mid-late 90s. We had quality team shoes (Nikes). If I didn't wear my new sneakers around the house prior to the first practice my feet would be blistered and sore until they were broken in. So I ask, do I just have bad feet (possible), are the shoes today better, do players break all these different shoes in?

For me they broke in to an extent over time. I cant speak to your feet specifically, but I did encounter times where I had to switch shoe sizes and couldn't seem to find one that was "just right".

I'm guessing others will have better answers, but that's what I could offer.

Ok, I will stop talking about Bill and curing cancer, but I may return to a very quick question: if you can see the irony between your two back to back posts. No need to get into it, but I found it important because you seemed so sincere with the other post, and then I saw his and probably looked like a dog that tilts it's head out of confusement. To be clear, I enjoy your posts man, this was nothing personal. I think you could see those I lashed out against. I just couldn't resist replying after seeing your anti-religion post right before seeing this one, and wondering if the similarities are not apparent to most.

Is Bill still doing color on Pac 10 games? If so, I'd like to find some streams if anyone cant point me in the right direction. ...****, you can choose to be grateful that I didn't go off on Big Footwear and their abusive labor practices with underage kids in 3rd world countries. One person can only do so much. I dont intend to leave topic often, but their are millions of people in this world that could potentially benefit if we took the first step and at least were aware of their situation. Much love, and the sneaks do look sweet! I think I may ban myself again for awhile so I dont rile anyone after I get riled. Seriously though, I'm guessing at least one person watches House of Numbers and sees things differently. Unfortunately, I cant give you all what I gave Dewey to watch the documentary. One doesnt need to have any connection to HIV to greatly benefit when the realization hits you.
Happier talk...maybe I could find the version of Kurtis Blow's song, "Basketball", which mentions Pearl. (I prefer it to the Bel Biv Devoe song that mentioned Rob Moore). No sleep last night, brain is tired, I ask you for leniency/clemency, but not necromancy.
I don't take offense to almost anything anyone posts here. I like to have fun and see other points of view. I haven't been able to read your other post in it's entirety, but I will tonight and either reply here or directly to you, but I can assure you, I won't be upset.

I have that same pair of Kobe's, just not in Orange. They didn't really need any break in time, they felt good the first time I played in them. The upper is soft and flexible. A lot of bball shoes have gone in that direction, though there are definitely some that need to be broken in first.

Ok, I found a moment to read this. Honestly, I couldn't make it all the way through it, as it was going in a direction or directions that had nothing to do with my posts. I won't get into a religious discussion, but I just think spirituality is personal and does not require a donation. And this post, about the sneakers, I think they look good. I do not worship them or Nike or the twelve year old Indonesian kids making them.

Ok, I found a moment to read this. Honestly, I couldn't make it all the way through it, as it was going in a direction or directions that had nothing to do with my posts. I won't get into a religious discussion, but I just think spirituality is personal and does not require a donation. And this post, about the sneakers, I think they look good. I do not worship them or Nike or the twelve year old Indonesian kids making them.

I think you misunderstood my point...unlike you, I tried to avoid talking directly about religion. To make it brief, you had mocked religion for taking money from people for their beliefs(often centered around dead mean), and then immediately posted a thread about Pearl's shoes, which I imagine aren't cheap. Like religion or Tupac, it just feels weird to me seeing dead folks encouraging insane profits in dubious industries. I just thought there was irony from the transfer of money based on dead folks, with you ridiculing it in one post, and moments later celebrating it. No big deal, if nobody else sees the humor, I'll keep it for myself.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way mocking capitalism, or truly free markets, unlike the crony brand we have now. I just remember how Aleister Crowley felt bad for Jesus and what was done in his name, and purposefully named his teachings Thelema, so that whatever happened to it, his name wouldnt be directly attached to all sorts of things he'd never condone, like the aforementioned individual.

Ok, Im back to talking basketball, or sneakers, though that tour with Bill Walton sounds quite inviting. I wish I had remembered this earlier, but I judge I worked with long ago advised me to know my audience, and I tend to screw that up sometimes on here when Im passionate. I think I need to be assigned a handler...someone more gentle than some of the ones I have already. It seems to semi-work with Walton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom