Per Donna about Tyus | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Grayson is the most likely senior to go in the first round at all. Bates-Diop for Ohio st, Chandler Hutchinson from Boise St, and Devonte Graham from Kansas all have better shots to go in the first, I think.
Is Bates-Diop a senior?

if he's staying at syracuse why does HE go home is my point. My parents would come see me at campus if this was a major decision. To each his own. It's just my opinion about it. I went to SU, lived in Boston, etc. and took AP classes 30 years ago. was just trying to give my opinion on the situation. I rarely went home and if i had a chance to go pro i'd have people come to me vs other way around. If i was leaning on staying, i'd stay close to campus and try and reflect on why i want to leave this place.

And you are...? Seriously, what level of ego do you have to have to say how you would have the world walk to your door when making the decision so he should too...when odds are you (nor probably any of us) will have had to make a decision of this financial magnitude at that age or any age.

Is Bates-Diop a senior?
After looking it up, technically no, I guess, because he injured himself last year and was granted a medical redshirt. But he's played in 4 seasons for Ohio State--so for the purposes of the draft/age, he's like a senior. But good catch.

I went to Cuse. I went to same hs as Battle-St Joes. I lived in Edison like Battle. I had a girlfriend in Longtime girlfriend in Edison. I went home on occasional weekends to see her on a whim. No Friday classes. 4 hour drive. No big deal

I should rephrase, it's an incredible achievement if he came to SU with AP credits. We probably could count on one hand how many SU hoops players have showed up with AP Credits. It's amazing. I wonder if you came with max AP credits from HS and did summer school, is it conceivable to graduate in 2 years? I wonder if an athlete has done this yet?

There are also programs out there called Dual enrollment. When my kids graduated from Land O Lakes HS in Florida they both came out of high school with their Associates degree. They actually attended school at the college instead of the high school. Both of them went to SU, my daughter took Psychology and graduated from SU in 2 years after having 42 credits transfer from her associates degree. My son who graduates this May went to the Aerospace engineering program and will graduate in three years as a result of having 39 credits transfer in. Neither one played sports there but I assume it would work the same for athletes.

There are also programs out there called Dual enrollment. When my kids graduated from Land O Lakes HS in Florida they both came out of high school with their Associates degree. They actually attended school at the college instead of the high school. Both of them went to SU, my daughter took Psychology and graduated from SU in 2 years after having 42 credits transfer from her associates degree. My son who graduates this May went to the Aerospace engineering program and will graduate in three years as a result of having 39 credits transfer in. Neither one played sports there but I assume it would work the same for athletes.

Definitely possible and happens routinely. That said... no idea why anyone would want to graduate EARLY ;)

I'm so glad that I joined this group years ago so that one day I could read tons of posts about whether I should have gone home on the weekend or not, and how my family and I should have conducted my life. I know we all want an answer, but here is a tip...Assume he is not coming back. Then if he does you will be happy. In the meantime, you don't have to stress over this. It is a kid and his families decision.

I'm so glad that I joined this group years ago so that one day I could read tons of posts about whether I should have gone home on the weekend or not, and how my family and I should have conducted my life. I know we all want an answer, but here is a tip...Assume he is not coming back. Then if he does you will be happy. In the meantime, you don't have to stress over this. It is a kid and his families decision.

I don’t disagree.

But it was fifteen years ago that message board posters were ogling pictures and having a legit discussion over whether or not Troy Nunes’ girlfriend could do better than him.

Shts not new, is what I’m trying to say.

After looking it up, technically no, I guess, because he injured himself last year and was granted a medical redshirt. But he's played in 4 seasons for Ohio State--so for the purposes of the draft/age, he's like a senior. But good catch.
didn't realize there was a redshirt year in there - I'd say they are looking at him like he's a senior then.

I don’t disagree.

But it was fifteen years ago that message board posters were ogling pictures and having a legit discussion over whether or not Troy Nunes’ girlfriend could do better than him.

Shts not new, is what I’m trying to say.
Definitely could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors