Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
$50,000???

looks like Trueblue’s grabbing his flashlight and pepper spray. We’re goin hunting.
23C000A7-4BF1-464C-B7B3-FA3D4AD813CC.gif

Not playing your game.

Your ball.

"Not playing your game." Day2 simply asked you for an example to support your statement, and then you did the equivalent of Greg Robinson punting on third down.

Your argument that low-income whites "lack government-backed and private sector-backed support programs" is total and utter nonsense. 43% of Medicaid recipients are white, 36% of SNAP recipients are white, 28% of TANF recipients are white, etc.

Last edited:
I’m coming from the standpoint that racism is not a two-way street or revolving door. That there’s no such thing as “reverse racism”. Because we live in a white supremacist country, White people cannot be the victims of racism.
Pretty much sums up the BS with words that the left and academia play to fit the narrative.
Let's just invent or change definitions of words to fit an agenda.
Words actually have no meaning to some people.

Mandatory race and tolerance modules/classes must now be taken by members of greek life.

why isn’t this just required of every student? In say, a SU 101 gen ED first semester class? Seems a bit discriminatory at this point.

I agree but the post by the business is silly tho. Get the initial message taken down, have the authorities look into it and move on.
You’d think so but the social climate of the hill demands that post be made or the kids think you may as well be a racist anyways.

this is all a damn mess. This is what happens when kids steer the wheel instead of the authorities, complete snowball effect.

How so?

Because when you’re white, you get a host of social and personal benefits...starting with the fact that you have a longer life expectancy than other races.

White privileges are the relative advantages racism affords to people identified as white, whether white people recognize them or deny them. To be white is to be afforded one’s individuality. Afforded the presumption of innocence. Afforded the assumption of intelligence. Afforded empathy when crying or raging. Afforded disproportionate amounts of policy-making power. Afforded opportunity from a white network. Afforded wealth-building homes and resource-rich schools. Afforded the ability to vote quickly and easily.

Those who are impoverished and white do not, on average, have to live in areas as densely poor as the impoverished black people down the way. To be armed and white is to be unthreatening.”

Pretty much sums up the BS with words that the left and academia play to fit the narrative.

That’s exactly what happened when the phrase “reverse racism” starting becoming utilized, so thanks for proving your own point.

Capt., do you acknowledge/understand that there is a fundamental difference between personal racial prejudice and systematic racism? Yes, most people casually put them under the general umbrella of "racism" but that is misleading because they are very different things with drastically different nuances and consequences.

It's like... strep throat and pancreatic cancer are technically both health ailments, but blending them together isn't logical.

Capt., do you acknowledge/understand that there is a fundamental difference between personal racial prejudice and systematic racism? Yes, most people casually put them under the general umbrella of "racism" but that is misleading because they are very different things with drastically different nuances and consequences.

It's like... strep throat and pancreatic cancer are technically both health ailments, but blending them together isn't logical.

Ding ding ding. Thanks Eric15. Well stated.

Because when you’re white, you get a host of social and personal benefits...starting with the fact that you have a longer life expectancy than other races.

White privileges are the relative advantages racism affords to people identified as white, whether white people recognize them or deny them. To be white is to be afforded one’s individuality. Afforded the presumption of innocence. Afforded the assumption of intelligence. Afforded empathy when crying or raging. Afforded disproportionate amounts of policy-making power. Afforded opportunity from a white network. Afforded wealth-building homes and resource-rich schools. Afforded the ability to vote quickly and easily.

Those who are impoverished and white do not, on average, have to live in areas as densely poor as the impoverished black people down the way. To be armed and white is to be unthreatening.”

That is so misinformed.

It should be said that there is no doubt at all that rural/low-income whites have their own unique historical challenges in America. They're basically the last group who are acceptable to publicly disparage, and it shouldn't be that way. I mean after we beat WVU in the bowl game, it was "redneck this, inbred that, hillbilly, etc etc." and one poster called it out as being unnecessary and got lambasted for it. The general vibe was "how dare you question our right to make disparage rural white people after our team has won this second-tier bowl game?!"

OK, for those of you who claim low-income whites are the most disadvantaged, let’s try an exercise. If a genie comes along and offers you the chance to be black, would you do it? If you say yes, there’s a twist. You can switch back at any time. My guess is you’ll switch back the moment you come into contact with a police officer.

Think about the circumstances where you would rather be black. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of more circumstances where you would switch back to being white.

No one’s saying you haven’t been dealt a crappy hand. It’s just not the worst hand.

Disappointed in the University’s response, seems reactionary rather than measured and proactive. If there’s to be diversity and inclusion training, it should be for the university as a whole. Those who believe discriminating against the Greek system will help, which believe it or not is diverse, don’t really seem to care about the real problem.

Meh I grew up in a rural poorer town and I still had better education than 95% of inner city kids.

It’s literally statistical data. So sure, go ahead and tell me that disparities among life expectancies of different races is misinformed.

I appreciate you responding but i do not see how some of these are based off statistic data. A lot of these quite honestly seem like made up BS to try guilt you into agreeing with the authors opinion. "To be white is to be afforded one’s individuality. Afforded the presumption of innocence. Afforded the assumption of intelligence. Afforded empathy when crying or raging" in my opinion are all BS.

I do however agree that POC get a raw deal in regards to neighborhood/schooling but i think there is a myriad of reasons for that.

It’s literally statistical data. So sure, go ahead and tell me that disparities among life expectancies of different races is misinformed.
Agreed, on average, white people, asian people, and latino people live longer in the US as a whole.

Obviously if you start breaking this down to the micro, you could see some changes based on geography.

Very good post. I generally agree but think in this day where every cell phone is a bull horn, and every student has to have a cause, that by screaming institutional racism the second some idiot draws a swastika is like screaming rape every time a pee pee is drawn in a bathroom stall. I personally don't think a university has a duty to let everyone on earth know the second a swastika is drawn. It gives it far more importance and relevance than it truly is. Is that swastika seen by 3 people really indicative on how 20K students and hundreds of thousands of CNY citizens feel. NO.
We can certainly agree to disagree, but I see the value in DPS sharing information ASAP. People may not suspect anything in real time, but prompt information could help jog suspicions (e.g., someone around an area and noticed something that wasn't at the time suspicious) and at the very least vigilance and awareness. The more times this continues the more likely someone is to slip up and get caught. Doesn't mean it's only one person responsible for this, but anyone who sees value in being a copycat for any reason is just as culpable as the first.

Disappointed in the University’s response, seems reactionary rather than measured and proactive. If there’s to be diversity and inclusion training, it should be for the university as a whole. Those who believe discriminating against the Greek system will help, which believe it or not is diverse, don’t really seem to care about the real problem.

I believe it’s racial bias training. I wouldn’t be surprised if the frats are just a start (for good reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.