Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good post. I generally agree but think in this day where every cell phone is a bull horn, and every student has to have a cause, that by screaming institutional racism the second some idiot draws a swastika is like screaming rape every time a pee pee is drawn in a bathroom stall. I personally don't think a university has a duty to let everyone on earth know the second a swastika is drawn. It gives it far more importance and relevance than it truly is. Is that swastika seen by 3 people really indicative on how 20K students and hundreds of thousands of CNY citizens feel. NO. They don't know what they don't know and yet the protesters want them to now post every detail about the perpetrator, the investigation, the process. The reason many well intention-ed organizations don't want things to get out is because it will create a 'fire' in a crowded theater mentality. Hair on fire, victimhood mentality. I have not heard one thing SU has done they shouldn't have and yet they are being yelled at by thousands live, and virtually that they are part of the problem. An act is done by an individual and now a power grab by 'victims' the result. Because a bear shits a swastika in the middle of the woods and its seen by one hiker it does now mean everyone has to get a picture on their cell phone? I'll call it victim publicity. We know people are racist but that alone doesn't make everyone the perpetrator nor a victim.

notification is required by law.

per DPS, they cant find anyone who was airdropped the manifesto. Shouldn't someone have to have had received it to be able to report it?

What do you gain by asking such inflammatory, asinine questions?
I want to know. As I have liberal friends who would say no. They said to me the rich contribute to wealth income inequality that leads to crimes being committed against them.

On white privilege ...

A "privilege" is defined as an advantage (among other things).

On a pod cast (think it was Armchair Expert w/ Dax Shepard), i heard a pretty simple explanation that basically sums it up and helped me understand.

I paraphrase, but it was something to the effect of, "If I'm white, my skin color/race will never be of a disadvantage to me." Since this cannot be said of other races, it is an advantage (or privilege) to be white.

Certainly there can be white people that have suffered enumerable hardships and disadvantages, but the color of their skin is not one of them.

sure why not.

can they be convicted of crimes? seems like it's a much higher burden of proof.
I agree. I am just saying I have had a discussion on stuff like this and some of my friends say the wealthy can’t be victims of nonviolent crimes because their wealth is why the system is the way it is.

I see a lot of posters have finally found their safe space for their political takes after fleeing the OT board since 1/20/17. You love to see it.
Name names. Some people I respect for letting it go like the moderator. He would have lost his mind if he stayed on that board.

I agree. I am just saying I have had a discussion on stuff like this and some of my friends say the wealthy can’t be victims of nonviolent crimes because their wealth is why the system is the way it is.

A lot of stuff on this thread could be considered better for the off topic forum, but this seems...super off topic.

The idea of white privilege is nothing but a hoax in my opinion.
I don’t think it’s a hoax. I do believe white people have some advantages like dealings with the police.
I think in 2019 it’s not what it was in 1989.

We have evolved as a society. It’s not perfect still though.

OK, for those of you who claim low-income whites are the most disadvantaged, let’s try an exercise. If a genie comes along and offers you the chance to be black, would you do it? If you say yes, there’s a twist. You can switch back at any time. My guess is you’ll switch back the moment you come into contact with a police officer.

Think about the circumstances where you would rather be black. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of more circumstances where you would switch back to being white.

No one’s saying you haven’t been dealt a crappy hand. It’s just not the worst hand.
I have zero experience with either, but it’s interesting that those who preach tolerance and the inability for anyone to understand someone else’s truth, somehow DO know that being poor and white isn’t that bad.

A lot of stuff on this thread could be considered better for the off topic forum, but this seems...super off topic.
It ties in with racial discussion IMO.
I honestly have friends who are lawyers who don’t think rich people can be victims of nonviolent crimes because of their wealth.
It ties into the mindset of this white privilege debate.

Does socioeconomic status mitigate some white advantages?

Is it more advantageous to be white and raised in poverty in rural Oswego County or African American and raised middle class in Dewitt?

Again, no one said that.
Well, you clearly believe they wouldn’t trade their experience for those that others are believed to be disenfranchised.

Are you poor and white? Did you grow up in projects, a trailer park, living with your grandma barely getting by on SS because you parents are drug addicts?

Some here are pretty quick to cite some bs like longer life expectancy of the entire white population in a half hearted effort to check their privilege when I doubt they have ever walked a mile in those shoes.

One thing about growing up poor and white in rural areas is you don’t have to worry about being harassed by the police because there’s not many of them in those areas.

Well, you clearly believe they wouldn’t trade their experience for those that others are believed to be disenfranchised.

Are you poor and white? Did you grow up in projects, a trailer park, living with your grandma barely getting by on SS because you parents are drug addicts?

Some here are pretty quick to cite some bs like longer life expectancy of the entire white population in a half hearted effort to check their privilege when I doubt they have ever walked a mile in those shoes.

Do you think White Privlege is a thing or are you just trying to play devils advocate and Day2 to call you names

This isn’t a direct response to anything I’ve said and even contradicts one of your previous posts, so I’m going to opt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.