Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s take this back a bit to the specific SU situations. Anyone of you are welcome to start a new thread on the OT board specific to the off shoot discussions taking place.

Thank Bees felt like I had my once a quarter journey to the OT board there for a minute. As for the topic at hand, I can't post twitter stuff through my work system on here but saw a post on facebook with someone saying the campus and quad is deserted and that most classes were cancelled due to "safety concerns". Person noted class cancelling was not an overall SU direction.

Regarding Syracuse University’s response, do people think they are appeasing or being proactive?

Do people think the offering of $75,000, 50 from SU and 25 from Weitsman, is assisting the situation or adding to the chaos?

What would be the appropriate response to heighten awareness, lead to the catching of the offenders and avoid further incidences?

The solution to the crack epidemic was to throw an entire generation of black men in prison.

The solution to the opioid epidemic is to take action against pharmaceutical companies, to approach it as a public health crisis with naloxone, etc. and to get people treatment.

These situations couldn't be more opposite.
the opioid crisis was caused by physicians over prescribing pain meds - quite different from crack users.

You have made that opinion quite clear. We get your position.

Thank Bees felt like I had my once a quarter journey to the OT board there for a minute. As for the topic at hand, I can't post twitter stuff through my work system on here but saw a post on facebook with someone saying the campus and quad is deserted and that most classes were cancelled due to "safety concerns". Person noted class cancelling was not an overall SU direction.

My son said this morning he saw several students posting on Instagram that they were requesting classes be canceled for fear Of violence today. I never heard if they did or not.

All posts from here on out that aren’t related to the SU situation will be deleted. Please don’t make this difficult on us in trying to judge whether a post of tangentially related.

I thought about making a joke above that people loving Joe Girard was mostly due to white privilege but then I thought "I'm not going to stress Bees out."

My son said this morning he saw several students posting on Instagram that they were requesting classes be canceled for fear Of violence today. I never heard if they did or not.

this is simply getting out of control. I think this has become an issue of a University allowing a scared, irrational student body to govern itself for a week rather than stepping up and doing the jobs they’re paid for.

Allowing this to hit the media was a mistake.
Offering a money ransom imo is a mistake and will add to the chaos.
Appeasing student reactionary demands (not all were bad, some were meaningful and well thought out), was a mistake.

They’re snowballing the issue instead of squashing it

this is simply getting out of control. I think this has become an issue of a University allowing a scared, irrational student body to govern itself for a week rather than stepping up and doing the jobs they’re paid for.

Allowing this to hit the media was a mistake.
Offering a money ransom imo is a mistake and will add to the chaos.
Appeasing student reactionary demands (not all were bad, some were meaningful and well thought out), was a mistake.

They’re snowballing the issue instead of squashing it

notifications are required by law. So there was no way to keep it from the media. And what are they not currently doing? Do you read any of the releases from the various admins? They have about 100 balls in the air. And they aren’t appeasing all of the demands.

notifications are required by law. So there was no way to keep it from the media. And what are they not currently doing? Do you read any of the releases from the various admins? They have about 100 balls in the air. And they aren’t appeasing all of the demands.
Im not asking them to do more, I just think cooperating with a student protest (outside of allowing them to protest safely and providing transparent communication/updates with them), solved the underlying issues present on campus. I don’t think the University approach was risk mitigating, kind of the opposite really.

My kid has had two classes cancelled and the general consensus is that most kids aren't going anyway. My guess is that if there's another incident today, Thanksgiving recess will start early.

They did not. The law school sent out a mass email that said you can feel free not to come to class but none of my professors addressed it. Last week of classes, so here I am. I disagree with the decision not to cancel classes on various levels and that seems to be the consensus around Dineen Hall.

Has anyone heard if they are considering canceling the game tomorrow? That's a rumor going around but I doubt they would as things stand right now seeing as they didn't even cancel classes.

They did not. The law school sent out a mass email that said you can feel free not to come to class but none of my professors addressed it. Last week of classes, so here I am. I disagree with the decision not to cancel classes on various levels and that seems to be the consensus around Dineen Hall.

Has anyone heard if they are considering canceling the game tomorrow? That's a rumor going around but I doubt they would as things stand right now seeing as they didn't even cancel classes.

Hard to see how they would cancel the game tomorrow unless there was some major escalation and there was campus wide issues/violence.

So, if the University wanted to install cameras everywhere in order to catch the perpetrators, would the students have an issue with that? Serious question.

I'm thinking they would (based upon privacy issues), but wouldn't that show that the University wanted this bull to stop? I know that opens up an entirely different can or worms, but can they have it both ways?

Just imagine how much s e x ual intercourse will be on camera

7E9E30F0-07A2-4352-824C-04696955CBB3.jpeg

Canceling the game? Jeez
They don’t need to play Cornell so it’s fine if cancelled.
Who knows if the players even want to play.

Dino leading the football team helps with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.