Per twitter no student section for this game | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Per twitter no student section for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL thats rich. How exactly do you bring in an experienced "monitor" for something like this. Again are we going to hire 400 people to monitor each and every bathroom on the entire campus including the Dome, because thats exactly what they would have to do. Cuomo might want to hire one of those monitors after his brilliant idea to drop the N word on national radio a few weeks ago. NYC has to stop re-electing this guy.

We can't even hire 500 people to work concession stands at the Dome.

At the rate at which it's happening, these are clearly copycat incidents just to troll and stoke a reaction. Someone on my timeline said SU has fostered this environment for far too long :rolleyes:. Whoever is doing this will be caught. Just a matter of time.

Ya I think your right about that, apparently now the FBI is involved per syracuse.com, so its likely if its a small group of people doing it someone may get spooked and confess or screw up where they can actually prove who it was. Then again if its still just the bathroom stuff, that's going to be near impossible to prove if the people involved have half a brain ( which is definitely in question).

If the athletes went on strike like they did at Missouri years ago this chit would end in a day or two.

Right now though the football and basketball teams are staying out of it.

The copycats need to be stomped. Whomever is it doing it.

We can't even hire 500 people to work concession stands at the Dome.

LOL so funny you said that, I was going to note that in my original post and say that SU can offer additional hours monitoring the bathrooms once the games are done. At this point they might need them to monitor the stalls at the Dome as I am sure that's the next place this garbage will be found.

Ya I think your right about that, apparently now the FBI is involved per syracuse.com, so its likely if its a small group of people doing it someone may get spooked and confess or screw up where they can actually prove who it was. Then again if its still just the bathroom stuff, that's going to be near impossible to prove if the people involved have half a brain ( which is definitely in question).

Outside of installing cameras on dorm floors that capture who's going in and out of bathrooms, that's the only way to catch the perp. Could be legit or a hoax. I, like many students, don't want my privacy invaded because of an idiot who had nothing better to do.

Capt., do you acknowledge/understand that there is a fundamental difference between personal racial prejudice and systematic racism? Yes, most people casually put them under the general umbrella of "racism" but that is misleading because they are very different things with drastically different nuances and consequences.

It's like... strep throat and pancreatic cancer are technically both health ailments, but blending them together isn't logical.
I'm not an academic, just a person who uses the english language as my main means of communication. How does the meaning of the above statement change if you were to juxtapose racial prejudice and racism? I posit that the meaning is the same, which to me, means that racism can be a universal practice among any group towards another. I don't think this view should be used to downplay the existence of structural inequalities in society that facilitate advantages for some races or classes of people over others. It's very real and has been for all of human history. It's undeniable that white Americans have generally had significant advantages over black Americans, Latin Americans, aboriginal Americans, etc. To deny this is to be historically illiterate.
I think there are a few reasons many white people bristle at the idea that white privilege diminishes their own personal struggles and accomplishments. I know that when I was younger and less open, I felt this way, in part because of how the topic was debated when I was a student at SU (87-91 - yes, it was an issue then too). After all, i worked hard to earn money for college starting at the age of 13, I worked all 4 years while at SU and frankly, if I didn't have an ROTC scholarship, I would not have been able to stay at SU. Life experience has shown me that despite my own personal "struggles" to succeed were more than likely positively impacted by factors that were the result of deeply rooted social inequalities. It doesn't mean i'm a bad person and i'm not ashamed, but I acknowledge it.
Another impediment, I think, to progress is the fear of white people of forced reparations if we acknowledge the inequalities. This is not a simple or easy topic and one that is too complex and volatile to be properly discussed in an online forum, but I feel it needs to be mentioned as a hurdle to productive race relations.
I'm rambling a bit, so I will try to wrap up quickly. This country has race issues. I don't think that's a controversial statement. The underlying causes are myriad. I feel as long as we as a country spend most of our energy debating definitions and trying to figure out who is to blame for how we got to our predicament and not on trying to understand and acknowledge differing views, we won't get anywhere. (There are idiots on both sides of ththe argument as well as reasonable, thoughtful people and a lot in between). In fact, we very well may make things worse. It would also help if government leaders (on both sides) stopped trying to divide everyone and actually made an effort.
I'm sick and tired of all of the round and round honestly. I would rather spend my free time watching and talking about sports.
I hope this made sense and resonated with someone. I don't have the energy to go back and proofread it.
Peace, health and happines,
Dollarbill yall

I wonder if canceling basketball games will become a reality over this?

LOL so funny you said that, I was going to note that in my original post and say that SU can offer additional hours monitoring the bathrooms once the games are done. At this point they might need them to monitor the stalls at the Dome as I am sure that's the next place this garbage will be found.

Armed guards in all the bathrooms and security cams in all the stalls would solve the problem.

But the students won't like that.

Armed guards in all the bathrooms and security cams in all the stalls would solve the problem.

We could just create a police state!

If the athletes went on strike like they did at Missouri years ago this chit would end in a day or two.

With the FBI and increased police presence I think this nonsense will definitely slow or stop. The problem SU has or will have on its hands is that these grafitti incidents can flare up at anytime down the road and are extremely difficult to investigate approve. If you get a lone wolf type of copycat that person could get away with doing this crap for months and not get caught (they have so far). At some point the university and protesters are going to have to realize that the less publicity they give this the better chance they have of it fading away because trying to police it and offer rewards isn't going to solve it.

Hey your up at the Dome early anyway, here is away for you to make a little extra cash for the sports book.

That's dangerous ground simply for the fact the incidents at Mizzou were unproven or didn't happen in the instance of the KKK sighting. Mizzou has yet to recover from the incident. Their enrollment has plummeted. The kid who organized the protest said that one of the reasons he did it was because grad students lost their health insurance.

We could just create a police state!

Nobody likes TSA Checkpoints in all the airports. But you have to admit, bombings and hijackings are way down.

If you want more security, you have to give up a little privacy.

Outside of installing cameras on dorm floors that capture who's going in and out of bathrooms, that's the only way to catch the perp. Could be legit or a hoax. I, like many students, don't want my privacy invaded because of an idiot who had nothing better to do.

Even that probably wouldn't do it as you would have to be checking every so often to see if anyone sees anything. For example if someone reports an incident at 9:30PM and the camera shows 73 people using the bathroom that day your not going anywhere. The only thing that would help is if you have the same person or persons on camera at different bathrooms on the day graffiti was found. Even then SU would need a confession.

I guess my problem with this is the use of the word urgency. I don't know what you mean by that. I think the University needs to take this seriously and immediately. But to me, that doesn't mean that a email needs to go out immediately. I think it is responsible for the University to investigate and know what they are talking about when they do send out this email. Clearly, at this point, this thing is getting out of control. Some sick people are getting exactly what they want. I am 100% in favor of a reward. Someone will talk. If they only do it because of the money and not because it is the right thing to do, I can live with that. I firmly believe that these culprits will be caught. And they will be gone from a University that I love.

it requires urgency because the university requires inclusiveness and safety for all of its students. The people that it effects have to feel as though they are SU students. Swift condemnation and threats of recourse lets everyone know who’s side they are on. The biggest gap that needs to be bridged is the one where people aren’t giving thought to things because they don’t understand personally how it effects people. When it’s not treated with respect it deserves and urgency it requires the question that is left to ask is whether or not the people running the university care to understand all of their students or just some of them.

I don’t think it’s a hoax. I do believe white people have some advantages like dealings with the police.
I think in 2019 it’s not what it was in 1989.

We have evolved as a society. It’s not perfect still though.
I think we're just spinning like a record. Sometimes we're farther ahead of 1989 and sometimes we are behind and I don't know how far ahead we will get in my lifetime.

Even that probably wouldn't do it as you would have to be checking every so often to see if anyone sees anything. For example if someone reports an incident at 9:30PM and the camera shows 73 people using the bathroom that day your not going anywhere. The only thing that would help is if you have the same person or persons on camera at different bathrooms on the day graffiti was found. Even then SU would need a confession.

Right. It's difficult to prove who did it. Someone may report it, but you can have a number of people who thought nothing of it at all. Social media blew this out of proportion. This should have stayed on campus.

Re: the airdrop. Anyone can airdrop if they're in proximity to you. I've heard stories of people being at airports and receiving someone's genital pictures because their settings allowed them to receive from anyone.

Right. It's difficult to prove who did it. Someone may report it, but you can have a number of people who thought nothing of it at all. Social media blew this out of proportion. This should have stayed on campus.

Re: the airdrop. Anyone can airdrop if they're in proximity to you. I've heard stories of people being at airports and receiving someone's genital pictures because their settings allowed them to receive from anyone.

Agreed, that way my point last week on this to. When it started getting traction and media attention the people doing it were getting a kick out of it and as it kept getting bigger they just got off on it more and more. The more it gets publicized the bigger it gets. It should slow down a bit with all the law enforcement attention now but there going to have their hands full and this is likely to flare up again next semester especially if its just a small group of people doing it or a lone nut.

This stuff is disgusting

1574190670261.png

Guess what? These students will be moving to the real world within a few months or years.

Their narcissistic overreactions won't fly out there like it does on campus.

College Students have been getting all in a huff for decades over issues like this. This will run out of kinetic energy by finals...SU/Police have to run their investigations and try to find a perp or perps. Lives will be altered and in some cases ruined over words that you can hear daily in Rap songs.

Time to find commonality amongs groups instead of always making things about identity.

My time in the military (22 years) taught me to work with everyone (whites, blacks, asians, poor, rich, city, rural, etc...) and the only thing that mattered was can you do your job? can you play well with others? and risk your life to save a fellow "soldier"?

EDIT: Before you attack me I don't approve of idiots spewing hate by mouth, email, video, etc...

Guess what? These students will be moving to the real world within a few months or years.

Their narcissistic overreactions won't fly out there like it does on campus.

College Students have been getting all in a huff for decades over issues like this. This will run out of kinetic energy by finals...SU/Police have to run their investigations and try to find a perp or perps. Lives will be altered and in some cases ruined over words that you can hear daily in Rap songs.

Time to find commonality amongs groups instead of always making things about identity.

My time in the military (22 years) taught me to work with everyone (whites, blacks, asians, poor, rich, city, rural, etc...) and the only thing that matter was can you do your job? can you play well with others? and risk your life to save a fellow "soldier"?
Well put!

Status
Not open for further replies.