Personnel changes on the OL | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Personnel changes on the OL

Coaches have made changes in secondary on depth chart

If they felt need to make changes on OL, they'd be made.

If there's struggles against Holy Cross on the line, I presume we will see changes.

“ "We're not biased because of the tailgate! He's really good!" ”
You literally said:

4 star recruit out of Chicago. I have had discussions with several people inside and outside the program that have raved about his athleticism, feet, agility and work ethic.

Enrique Cruz took 0 snaps at Right Tackle last year.

As you saw I deleted it???

Dude you sound so salty/jealous I feel for you.

You’re better than this, you’re a better poster than this.

Is everything okay with you man?

As you saw I deleted it???

Dude you sound so salty/jealous I feel for you.

You’re better than this, you’re a better poster than this.

Is everything okay with you man?
Edit: I didn't see you deleted it before I responded.

And salty/jealous? No, just want to talk about Syracuse football with fresh perspective instead of the same unchanging opinions and mindset year after year after year.

Last edited:
I deleted absolutely nothing, bro.

And salty/jealous? No, just want to talk about Syracuse football with fresh perspective instead of the same unchanging opinions and mindset year after year after year.

No I deleted it

Also, Enrique, who literally didn’t have a single sack all season credited to him.

You want game proof, that’s 13 games last season that he personally didn’t give up a sack for.

We played far better competition last year.

There’s a reason he’s been subbed in multiple times this season for Spoon.

Personally I think you take Washington and bench him. You move spoon to his natural position which is RT.

You take Cruz and put him at LT.

I’m not sure it can get any worse than what it is currently.

Saying comments about “he’s just a board favorite” or whatever is a bit ridiculous. Yes he’s a board favorite. But he’s also the only other OL that has come off the bench and played meaningful minutes this season and that says something right there

You literally said:

4 star recruit out of Chicago. I have had discussions with several people inside and outside the program that have raved about his athleticism, feet, agility and work ethic.
All facts.

Three ways the O Line avoids another disaster like Friday night. Personnel changes, scheme changes or individual improvement. Shouldn’t all three be considerations? What specifically are you debating me about?

All facts.

Three ways the O Line avoids another disaster like Friday night. Personnel changes, scheme changes or individual improvement. Shouldn’t all three be considerations? What specifically are you debating me about?
The fact that you and others on the board overrate Cruz because of personal connections.

Also, Enrique, who literally didn’t have a single sack all season credited to him.

You want game proof, that’s 13 games last season that he personally didn’t give up a sack for.
Pretty creative stat keeping. You want proof? Watch #57 where I have it cued.

There's also a whiff at 7:35 that would have been a sack if Petry hadn't screwed up worse.

I got nothing against Cruz. I also don't see why anyone thinks he's the answer.

The fact that you and others on the board overrate Cruz because of personal connections.
Sorry that offends you, but don’t pretend to be able to read my mind. I was thrilled with the O Line transfers. I certainly would have liked to see Enrique emerge as a clear starter but accept that others were judged to be better options by the coaching staff. I also saw a mess of a performance Friday night and three straight games where we couldn’t consistently run the ball. We need to get better. What specifically would you try other than argue with fans who think Cruz might be an option?
Frankly you’re coming off as a bit of an ass in this thread, but that’s just my opinion.

Pretty creative stat keeping. You want proof?

There's also a whiff at 7:35 that would have been a sack if Petry hadn't screwed up worse.

I got nothing against Cruz. I also don't see why anyone thinks he's the answer.

PFF has him graded at only giving up one sack at Syracuse.

It’s not me making that stat up.

Sorry that offends you, but don’t pretend to be able to read my mind. I was thrilled with the O Line transfers. I certainly would have liked to see Enrique emerge as a clear starter but accept that others were judged to be better options by the coaching staff. I also saw a mess of a performance Friday night and three straight games where we couldn’t consistently run the ball. We need to get better. What specifically would you try other than argue with fans who think Cruz might be an option?
Frankly you’re coming off as a bit of an ass in this thread, but that’s just my opinion.
This is not the first time you've said "sorry it offends you."

It doesn't offend me - I just disagree with you completely.

This is not the first time you've said "sorry it offends you."

It doesn't offend me - I just disagree with you completely.
Show me the quote of mine that you disagree with and when I ever said “sorry but offends you.”
You apparently are confusing me with someone else. At any rate I am through. Keep spewing your nonsense that Cruz is not a possible improvement without advancing any rational thought on how to improve things and I’ll go on to do something that matters.

Because Shrader always rolled right.

So what’s your solution to fix it then?

The line played slightly better when Cruz was in on Friday night.

Why wouldn’t you want to try more of that?

Show me the quote of mine that you disagree with and when I ever said “sorry but offends you.”
You apparently are confusing me with someone else. At any rate I am through. Keep spewing your nonsense that Cruz is not a possible improvement without advancing any rational thought on how to improve things and I’ll go on to do something that matters.
August 22, 2023 in a conversation I'm still rather annoyed by: 2023 Preseason Camp Thread

Why is it my obligation to offer a full refutation on how to fix the offensive line? All I know is that Enrique Cruz has never been that good.

What’s the opposite If it ain’t broke don’t fix it - we may be there at this point, I don’t know. Arguing that an experienced, highly rated, former starter might be a consideration to take over for a struggling teammate does not seem unreasonable.

So what’s your solution to fix it then?
I don't have a solution because I'm not on the football staff and therefore it isn't my problem

My only contention throughout this waste of time is that Enrique Cruz Jr. hasn't lived up to the hype this board as created for him, and I don't think he's going to solve anything.

August 22, 2023 in a conversation I'm still rather annoyed by: 2023 Preseason Camp Thread

Why is it my obligation to offer a full refutation on how to fix the offensive line? All I know is that Enrique Cruz has never been that good.
Congratulations. You found something on a completely different subject from over a year ago where I used those words. My apologies. Apparently our interaction had a much greater impact on you than on me.

And it’s not your job to fix the O Line. But before renouncing others that are suggesting possible solutions, maybe you should try adding something productive to a discussion.

Thank you for confirming my opinion.

I don't have a solution because I'm not on the football staff and therefore it isn't my problem

My only contention throughout this waste of time is that Enrique Cruz Jr. hasn't lived up to the hype this board as created for him, and I don't think he's going to solve anything.

Right but this is a discussion about making changes????

So some have proposed the idea of bringing in Enrique, cause well, he’s the only other OL guy that has played this season besides the starting 5

That says something doesn’t it?

And the only waste of time here is you throwing a fit because people suggested bringing in Cruz and you said “No no no no no” with no solution or reason to why besides the fact that YOU don’t like him, clearly. This is a lot like conversations I have with my two year old son.

I respect your opinion on him but this is a discussion board, not a tantrum board because you’re upset that people have a personal connection with Enrique.

The reason I want them to try Enrique has nothing to do with my personal connection with him. In fact, I thought that early in spring and fall ball after seeing him that I felt he should in fact be replaced by Spoon.

But after watching this season unfold, I think that you bench Savion. Put Spoon back in his natural position and put Enrique in at LT.

I actually think Cruz would probably be better at a guard position. But I’m not sure he would beat out the guys we have at guard currently.

Personally, I think you’re coming off as a pompous ass in this thread.

You’re a better poster than that. I’m not sure why your posts have been so bitter as of late on the board but it’s a shame because you used to post intelligent well thought out stuff

Seriously, how delusional are you to think that you know offensive line play better than a guy who has coached the position for 20+ years or an offensive coordinator who has been involved in the run game for most of his 27 year coaching career?

I looked up the VTech and Florida State games from last year. Cruz wasn't awful in either game, but got beat consistently, didn't hold his man in place, and was late reacting to the snap multiple times. Shrader's feet and consistent efforts to roll him to the right are the only reason Cruz "didn't give up a sack."

Happy to post specific clips if you care to see them.
My comment had nothing to do with me knowing more than the OL coach. My question is did he make/choose the wrong player(s).
It happens all the time in sports and business. I believe that S Tucker was third string, might not have played if not for injuries. Our OL coach isn't exactly a hall of fame coach. So my question stands. Has our OL coach made a mistake in his starting 5?

Ok. That's fine. Was not recalling anything major from GT game. As I mentioned, I was not saying oline and coach may not be an issue, especially from last game. Obviously the lack of a running game against Stanford was not good. Let's see how things gel or don't gel. To early to say unequivocally anything one way or another.
Not too early. I've seen this show before. None of the 3 teams we played are any good.

My comment had nothing to do with me knowing more than the OL coach. My question is did he make/choose the wrong player(s).
It happens all the time in sports and business. I believe that S Tucker was third string, might not have played if not for injuries. Our OL coach isn't exactly a hall of fame coach. So my question stands. Has our OL coach made a mistake in his starting 5?
Not to nitpick, but Tucker was actually 4th string. Jordan, Adams, and Howard were all in front of him before Adam's and Howard opted out and Jordan got hurt. He was probably headed for a redshirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom