Pet Peeve | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pet Peeve

Preface: No disrespect to any posters here as I'm sure others find this sort of thing useful or entertaining (for what reason I have no idea).

That said, I cannot stand when people try to draw comparisons between players now and players of the past, players on other teams, all stars, flops, etc. Why can't we just watch somebody like Tyler Ennis and appreciate him for he is? Why do we have to say that he reminds us of (insert name here)?
Lawrinson14 is like Booth7, but several years behind physically. Definitely taller, but Booth has an uncanny way of finding the open spot among the dorms. Lawrinson14 may get there, time will tell.

Sister in law. Lip smacker, chews with mouth open. Had to say something the other day.

Can't eat with my aunt and uncle anymore. They both do it and it's beyond disgusting. And she's a professional that travels for work and entertains clients. I can't even imagine.

My pet peeve is restaurants that insist on inserting tomatoes into every thing you order ... even though the menu does not indicate an appetizer or main course contains them. When one is allergic to tomatoes, it is amazing how often they show up in the most un-expected (and un-announced) places. Beet salad? Grilled swordfish? Escargot? All things I recently ordered that showed up with un-announced tomatoes. I next expect them to show up in a chocolate mousse.

Beet salad :eek:

While watching TV anywhere, someone walks into your field of view and then stops to either watch the TV or carry on a conversation with someone...my 7 year old does to me at home all the time...

Drives me sideways when people fulminate effusively, yet think "a lot" is one word; can't sort out their/there/they're; don't realize "it's" is a contraction for "it is;" say "less" when they mean "fewer;" "then" when they mean "than;" and "except" when they mean "accept." I was going to include effect/affect, but most can't anyway.

And pompous pedants who use big words to make themselves appear more intelligent, and do it wrong. :D

Then there's the ubiquitous confusion over "good" and "well." Lots of people seem to be aware there's a difference, however don't fully understand it. I was watching a post-gamer with a hockey player who said "I thought I had a well practice ..." (no !) and almost spit beer all over the TV.