Pete Thamel | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

It's probably Chesney and he probably brings his QB and LB, maybe an OL with him.

But bye golly I think Brown could bring the fire and get some Dawgs in here.

If he is surrounded by experienced guys (Addazzio, for example) he could be a great hire.
Bringing Players from a 7-4 Holy Cross team FCS team would not instill much confidence.

Bringing Players from a 7-4 Holy Cross team FCS team would not instill much confidence.
I think they suffered a bunch of key injuries this year or else they probably walk through their league.

I could be wrong but I don’t recall any serious groundswell for Ash. With Dino it was a love fest.

Oh definitely. Not what I meant by my comment. We all thought we were getting ash before DB became a reality.

There’s 4 and 5 star QB’s in the portal every season and we are going to settle for an FCS kid. Such a loser mentality. I just can’t.
I’m not saying we should bring all their kids in. And they did play BC closer than we did. They punched way above their weight.

Dude I'm the co-pilot on the Brown train with OttoinGrotto
I don’t know who I like. I’m not really impressed with any of these candidates, but our football brand was basically lit on fire by Jake/Shaw as they were out the door and then Gross just threw gasoline on it for 15 years so I guess I should just be happy with any candidate that accepts the job.

Says we’ll know in the next 24-36 hours. Was on Packers ACCPM tv show.

I heard the same thing this morning. 24-48 hours. Sounded to me like they were locked in on whoever they want to hire.

Can we absorb being a mediocre football team and lose money? Will that help the other sports we have? How many programs have to be slashed eventually for people to realize the big picture
We've been worse than mediocre in the last 20 years, what sports programs has SU slashed in that time? They added women's ice hockey.

It’s going to be a total rebuild. I don’t expect any players on our current roster worth a damn to stay for an FCS coach.
I fully expect lots of churn on the roster. It is what it is and we will look like a much different team next year I would think.

I don’t know who I like. I’m not really impressed with any of these candidates, but our football brand was basically lit on fire by Jake/Shaw as they were out the door and then Gross just threw gasoline on it for 15 years so I guess I should just be happy with any candidate that accepts the job.
That's the spirit

i just want a guy who can throw. If he can run, great, but so tired of dual threat meaning can run really well and sort of throw.
He can watch his highlights from the BC and Army games if you haven't already.

One minor caution light with Chesney. I heard Holy Cross allows kids to stack aid which means they can get athletic scholarship AND financial aid if they qualify. I could be wrong but I believe Lafayette is the only other school in the Patriot League that allows that and they just started. They do that because the Patriot League only allows 63 athletic scholarships in football per team. The stacking policy allows a school to build a deeper roster which leads to a competitive advantage. It’s not illegal or anything like that. But it might explain a bit of his success in the league over the last few years because you can fully aid lets say 80 kids while a league foe only fully aids 63.
Love it - guy knows how to think outside the box! Sounds like going 70 in a 65

speaking of a loser mentality. Let’s see who they hire first and then start criticizing his potential portal moves! Geeze take a breath
I wasn’t criticizing Chesney. I’m criticizing fans who think bringing in his QB who had 3 games with single digit completions and 6 games under 200 yards in FCS is a good move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom