Petro named new defensive coordinator | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Petro named new defensive coordinator

So would the Petro Twins get free tuition since Petro will be an employee? Or is there a waiting period of some sort?

its a 3 year waiting period but I don’t know if it’s something negotiable with HR for a high profile employee like a coach. While it’s close enough to free it’s actually 90% or 95% off tuition depending on salary.

So would the Petro Twins get free tuition since Petro will be an employee? Or is there a waiting period of some sort?
Typically, for employees, there is a 1 year waiting period. For Athletics that may be different.

Typically, for employees, there is a 1 year waiting period. For Athletics that may be different.

its a 3 year waiting period but I don’t know if it’s something negotiable with HR for a high profile employee like a coach. While it’s close enough to free it’s actually 90% or 95% off tuition depending on salary.

smells a bit like a recruiting violation...

IMO, Pietramala is a very good addition to Gary’s staff. To me if his ultimate goal is to head another program, he will work his tail off to craft an outstanding defense for us.
Gotta love the frosting possibilities if we can grab his 2 sons from their Carolina commit!

AA57EEB8-EB53-4F0D-8D8E-92F94F36D1E1.jpeg

Are we really thinking his kids are following him here? If so, obviously that would be amazing and make the hire all that much more worth it...

Excited to see what he can do with the defense especially Kennedy. I think that we have some pretty athletic SSDM still despite the Dearth loss, could that group now become a strength?

What do we think about bringing on a FO coach...? Gurenlian, maybe Baptiste

I am not sure I know what life as a Syracuse Lacrosse fan is anymore. I think I might be optimistic. If Dom flips I may cry.

So did JD still have a year left on his contract?

Has anyone confirmed that? Apologies if I missed it with all the brouhaha.

uhhhh,,,this has become a rather "stout" coaching staff:cool:?
One thing I doubt we will see/hear is a 3rd stringer dropping "F" bombs
at an official. Is HHH back?

Are we really thinking his kids are following him here? If so, obviously that would be amazing and make the hire all that much more worth it...

Excited to see what he can do with the defense especially Kennedy. I think that we have some pretty athletic SSDM still despite the Dearth loss, could that group now become a strength?

I'm wondering that about his kids as well. I know Dom (the #2 ranked kid in that class I believe?) had Cuse in is top 4 choices, but if this is indeed just a couple year gig for Petro in an attempt to try to become a head coach again, and if his kids really like UNC I wouldn't have much confidence that they're going to flip now.

I'm wondering that about his kids as well. I know Dom (the #2 ranked kid in that class I believe?) had Cuse in is top 4 choices, but if this is indeed just a couple year gig for Petro in an attempt to try to become a head coach again, and if his kids really like UNC I wouldn't have much confidence that they're going to flip now.
The portal kind of makes this an non issue, so easy to transfer now.

DI programs are allowed two paid assistants, thats it. So in order to bring in a third, it has to be a volunteer. Baptiste plays NLL lacrosse so that would be pretty tough to do both as the season goes into April. Gurenlian would have to up and move his family and basically give up his business for a unpaid gig. NCAA rules are pretty strict about working with recruiting age kids and being on staff at a DI school, so couldn't see him operating his FOA business from Syracuse. Can't see either of those scenarios happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom