Petro named new defensive coordinator | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Petro named new defensive coordinator

jaxc3f3cpxt01.jpeg

ftr, lelan was the first dir of ops, created the position for him. not saying it'll happen and it likely won't, but someone was also asking about faceoff coach somewhere.

ftr, lelan was the first dir of ops, created the position for him. not saying it'll happen and it likely won't, but someone was also asking about faceoff coach somewhere.
By NCAA rule, men’s lacrosse can only have a head coach, two assistants and a volunteer assistant.

JHU alum here. Interacted with Petro many times during my time there as I played another sport at JHU and it's a small school so all the locker rooms are basically in the same hallway in the same athletic center. I'd see him and the lacrosse players in the weight room, training room, and practice fields. Being from Syracuse, I always wore Orange and Syracuse apparel and I spoke with him a few times about SU lacrosse, how he recruited a few of my friends from high school. He was a cool guy (to me at least). Even gave me a ride home a couple times when he saw me walking back to my apartment late at night. Hope he does well here and brings some elite recruits and toughness to the program.

If I remember correctly RSIII moved from Defensive Coordinator to Director of Opps after the '07 season, and Rogers became DC. That turned out to be a great move at the time.

If we are dreaming Regy Thorpe Pat McCabe or John Galloway I don’t think Petro works as an assistant especially with Gaits creative and free flow offense I think it will lead to ego clashes and even if it works Petro is on the first bus out of town when the next HC position opens
There are only a few programs that will pay more than what I expect he'll make as a DC here.

I only see a few programs he would definitely jump at: any ACC team, Loyola?, and a couple B1G schools

This is very exciting. Defense needed some new blood, and will get that on the sidelines. I do not know how much the Gait name resonates with current male recruits, but if Gary has charisma then it should bode well as Pietramala definitely has name recognition. Gonna be weird seeing a guy I have been calling the fat Baldwin brother on our coaching staff, but I cannot wait to renew my season tix and be back in the Dome next winter.

Can you elaborate on what the comments were?
For what it's worth, LF is hearing from sources he trusts that the twins are going to join. Just a matter of when it's announced.

He mentioned that Nicholas is a 4 star defenseman. Don't think that is accurate, at least according to IL. They do not have a star rating for him. I remember hearing there was an injury at some point so maybe that impacted things. Here's an IL write-up from 2019:

Played for the Baltimore Command team at the Under Armour All-American Underclass Tournament, helping his team to the Semifinals.

Lot of upside potential. He has strong field awareness both in front of the cage and when moving it forward in transition. Tall at 16, should continue to add size to his frame over the rest of his high school career.

For what it's worth, LF is hearing from sources he trusts that the twins are going to join. Just a matter of when it's announced.

He mentioned that Nicholas is a 4 star defenseman. Don't think that is accurate, at least according to IL. They do not have a star rating for him. I remember hearing there was an injury at some point so maybe that impacted things. Here's an IL write-up from 2019:

Played for the Baltimore Command team at the Under Armour All-American Underclass Tournament, helping his team to the Semifinals.

Lot of upside potential. He has strong field awareness both in front of the cage and when moving it forward in transition. Tall at 16, should continue to add size to his frame over the rest of his high school career.
Nicholas has been injured both his sophomore and junior year of high school. Yet to really be in games. Apparently has better size than Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom