Petro named new defensive coordinator | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Petro named new defensive coordinator

I voted for Petro for the same reasons Jeremy stated. Plus I think it will be good to have someone on staff with men’s head coaching experience to balance out Gait’s inexperience. I think it’s a really good fit actually. Totally understand the concerns surrounding his last years at Hopkins, but he might just have needed a fresh start.

The big question will be can his sons be flipped? It would be a huge get, just have no idea what the dynamics in play are. I do wonder how long he sees himself at Syracuse - would he only leave for a Power 5 head coaching job?

Small quibble but would have liked to see Rogers name listed in the poll, just out of a courtesy I guess.

Other people I might have considered wound be Kyle Georgalas from Army and Matt Dwan from Loyola. Those schools always seem to have tough defenses and they both have a good amount of experience. Don’t know if they’d be better or worse than Petro.

Brodie certainly would have been interesting. Curious what the reason was for listing him?
I have watched the Hill over several years of Merrill's tenure. His defenses are sound fundamentally, adjust brilliantly to opponent tactics, and when a defenseman takes a risk, his fellow ds support and back him up to an extent that the moves seem natural. Brilliant is an over used adjective, but I believe it is an appropriate term for Merrill's teaching, strategy, and most importantly his ability to adjust during a game. And they hitcha.

Has Merrill's name come up? That would be cool.
Fairly certain his family owns the Hill Academy. I don’t see him leaving anytime soon for a DC job in the states.

Here is a June 12th article by Mike Preston in the Baltimore Sun that sheds some light on Dave Pietramala's possible move to Syracuse. Since I'm a big Pietramala fan (and it appears Gary is a well) I have my fingers crossed.

So would the Petro Twins get free tuition since Petro will be an employee? Or is there a waiting period of some sort?

Lot of rumblings (unsubstantiated) that Petro's kids have decomitted from UNC.

Interested to see how this plays out. Dom is a lefty. Michael Leo is a lefty. Owen Hiltz is a lefty who will have 2 years of eligibility left when they arrive on campus. How does this play out? Who plays midfield?

Interested to see how this plays out. Dom is a lefty. Michael Leo is a lefty. Owen Hiltz is a lefty who will have 2 years of eligibility left when they arrive on campus. How does this play out? Who plays midfield?

Pietramala.

(God willing)

Not sure exactly sure, I haven't seen much of Leo. Hiltz is a proven starter at attack and I am sure will be on the field as much as possible. Dom has played both attack and midfield on the club circuit and is a very good dodger and feeder from up top. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play some midfield. They could also play with two left handed attack men?

Not sure exactly sure, I haven't seen much of Leo. Hiltz is a proven starter at attack and I am sure will be on the field as much as possible. Dom has played both attack and midfield on the club circuit and is a very good dodger and feeder from up top. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play some midfield. They could also play with two left handed attack men?

hiltz + leo + dom = 3 lefties...+ Spallina

That scenario already had 2 lefties inserted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom