Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone panic every time some dope on the Boneyard claims he’s committed to them. Didn’t he already come out and say it wasn’t true two days ago? His denial seemed pretty unusual to me, seems unlikely he’s going to turn around 48 hours later and commit. If he was affirmatively saying he wasn’t committed on Sunday, what changed...did they threaten to pull their offer to get his commitment now and would that even work. Just doesn’t seem probable.

Nobody is panicking and I only shared to start convo. I found it interesting that there insiders that are supposedly trusted posters came out and said he verbaled. Then it turned into a crapshoot over there and the thread locked. Now they are all back and saying it's a done deal and expect a announcement tonight or tomorrow. This thread is about akok and recruiting him do for those that follow the recruiting process I figured I'd keep everyone updated on the recent rumors flying around. I dont take everything that's posted on the boneryard as fact but it's still interesting enough to follow along at times when we are recruiting the same kids. No panick mode here, just along for the ride!

You know Hurley is calling him 24/7 pressuring him to commit before his SU visit. Because if he makes it to campus, UConn’s chances plummet.
Edit: In fairness, I don’t blame them. I would want our coaches doing the same thing. I would suspect our coaches are calling him everyday convincing him to keep his official visit. For competitive coaches, this must be exhilerating.

Last edited:
I think everyone should learn the lesson implicit here. Never believe what you read about Akok on the internet. And I will see myself out.
BFFB819B-FADE-4A9A-8A01-B935AC337C6A.gif

Why does everyone panic every time some dope on the Boneyard claims he’s committed to them. Didn’t he already come out and say it wasn’t true two days ago? His denial seemed pretty unusual to me, seems unlikely he’s going to turn around 48 hours later and commit. If he was affirmatively saying he wasn’t committed on Sunday, what changed...did they threaten to pull their offer to get his commitment now and would that even work. Just doesn’t seem probable.
Everyone reached out to him asking if it was true, if he said "yes" that means he lost the ability to do it on his own time and possibly take 2 more visits (getting the 1st class treatment isn't a bad thing); if he said "no comment" that's pretty much as good as "yes". He pretty much had to say "no" regardless if it's true or not because they kind of blew up his spot

Food for thought. We see AA as a 4/3. What if he sees himself as a 3? And he sees us going hard at Guerrier as a 3. Could be he wants to be mostly a 3 and Guerrier is competition.

Everyone reached out to him asking if it was true, if he said "yes" that means he lost the ability to do it on his own time and possibly take 2 more visits (getting the 1st class treatment isn't a bad thing); if he said "no comment" that's pretty much as good as "yes". He pretty much had to say "no" regardless if it's true or not because they kind of blew up his spot

Or... he might not have actually committed to them.

Either option is plausible at this point.

I have no doubt Hurley will get them back in the mix, especially with his aggressive defensive mantra. The thing UConn fans will expect that he won't be able to just pick up and and run with is the ability Calhoun had to find guards and bigs that could dominate creating huge mismatches. UConn struck gold with a run of great individual players at guard who all had the it factor, along with centers who developed into elite defensive players. So yes they will get back to being relevant ( sigh) but that magic Calhoun brought is a different story and watch how quickly their fans will get frustrated with that missing piece.
I remember AJ Price tearing it up and I am not positive but I believe we opted for Josh Wright who may have been more highly rated. They may be off by a year but Wright never ended up doing much at Syracuse. Calhoun had a great eye for talent and chemistry. He pulled some real gems who were not highly rated, Okafor, Boone, Walker, Price etc.

Food for thought. We see AA as a 4/3. What if he sees himself as a 3? And he sees us going hard at Guerrier as a 3. Could be he wants to be mostly a 3 and Guerrier is competition.
we tell him there is often no difference between the two forwards in our system. when wes johnson & kris joseph were on the court together they formed one of the best forward tandems in the country

I remember AJ Price tearing it up and I am not positive but I believe we opted for Josh Wright who may have been more highly rated. They may be off by a year but Wright never ended up doing much at Syracuse. Calhoun had a great eye for talent and chemistry. He pulled some real gems who were not highly rated, Okafor, Boone, Walker, Price etc.

AJ Price, Josh Wright, and...Kyle Lowry. That one still hurts.

All were similarly rated. SU would’ve taken any of them and Wright committed first, is how I remember hearing the story.

AJ Price, Josh Wright, and...Kyle Lowry. That one still hurts.

All were similarly rated. SU would’ve taken any of them and Wright committed first, is how I remember hearing the story.

We did get Andy Rautins and JD did beat Amityville and Price in the New York State Tournament so it wasn’t all bad.

It gets worse...Kyle Lowry wanted to commit the week before Josh Wright committed and we told Kyle that Josh had first dibs. Lowry was pissed...

Oh cool I’m sure Lowry wouldn’t have found a way to get himself suspended for the Vermont game either.

Sophomore Lowry playing next to senior McNamara...with freshman Devendorf as the first guard off the bench. Wow.

Yeah pretty sick. I guess the downside would be that we wouldn’t have experienced Gmacs heroics in the Garden?

Kemba and aj price were highly rated guys... pretty sure both top 50 and that kemba may even have been a top 20 5* guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.