Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

[JB just found out about Zoom this week...]

1620851404069.png

Jimmy doesn’t zoom narrative dies. Maybe he doesn’t set them up but he can plop in front of a laptop camera with the best of them

Don’t think we zoom him twice in a week and literally just 2 days ago if we don’t think we have a shot. Granted I’m not sure we do land him but our coaches have to think they have at least a shot if they zoomed on Monday when the kid is most likely making his decision by the end of the weekend.

Nothing has changed. It always can with young kids, but SU doesn’t expect to get him.

So why the full court press? Not criticizing just seems waisted if we have zero hope.

This team will rebound better than last years team. It should be much better defensively. It will be a better shooting team and it is a very experienced team. If Joe can improve or if Symir can live up to his HS rating we have a chance to be pretty good. Top tier of ACC and 6 7 8 seed. Obviously the pg position is the weak link.
Again, when did we become content and pleased with a 6-7-8 seed? If we are better at the things you suggest we will be better at, then why would we not be a Top 4 seed?

Arthur Kaluma : Let's see, I can go to Arizona or Creighton where they are pretty much telling me I can start and play 30 MPG. Or go to Syracuse and compete with the coach's son for PT. Hmmm.

Arthur Kaluma : Let's see, I can go to Arizona or Creighton where they are pretty much telling me I can start and play 30 MPG. Or go to Syracuse and compete with the coach's son for PT. Hmmm.
I can contribute on a team with Elite 8 upside or play on a team that maybe finishes in the top half of their conference

Either of those teams are making the tourney!!! Not sure he’s looking to lose either!!!

Don’t think we zoom him twice in a week and literally just 2 days ago if we don’t think we have a shot. Granted I’m not sure we do land him but our coaches have to think they have at least a shot if they zoomed on Monday when the kid is most likely making his decision by the end of the weekend.
Yeah this is just crazy...we’ve been around longer than anyone. And JB is doing it hisself!

Again, when did we become content and pleased with a 6-7-8 seed? If we are better at the things you suggest we will be better at, then why would we not be a Top 4 seed?
We’ve done better against 3 seeds than 9 seeds recently

We got a bunch of negative recruiters on this thread. Weird.

"Ah, just tell Kaluma to go somewhere else because JB is a nepotist, plays favorites, and won't let Kaluma play 7 minutes a game. Let UNC and Duke have all the 5 star bench warmers.

We're just little old Syracuse and don't know what the heck we're doing. Minutes is all that matters to an 18 year old, and the only thing that should matter. Player development, exposure, and proven NBA track record don't matter. Go somewhere else, Kaluma!"

We got a bunch of negative recruiters on this thread. Weird.

"Ah, just tell Kaluma to go somewhere else because JB is a nepotist, plays favorites, and won't let Kaluma play 7 minutes a game. Let UNC and Duke have all the 5 star bench warmers.

We're just little old Syracuse and don't know what the heck we're doing. Minutes is all that matters to an 18 year old, and the only thing that should matter. Player development, exposure, and proven NBA track record don't matter. Go somewhere else, Kaluma!"
I’m blown away by the amount of posters who think JB will run Junior out there for major minutes if he isn’t deserving. The idea that JB would sit a stud recruit in favor of his son who is transferring from the Ivy regardless of how the two players were performing is absurd.
I think Jimmy will contribute. But it is a big step up from the Ivy to the ACC. Ask Towns and Tape.

I’m blown away by the amount of posters who think JB will run Junior out there for major minutes if he isn’t deserving. The idea that JB would sit a stud recruit in favor of his son who is transferring from the Ivy regardless of how the two players were performing is absurd.
I think Jimmy will contribute. But it is a big step up from the Ivy to the ACC. Ask Towns and Tape.

That said theres also people assuming Jimmy isn't good enough because he came from the Ivy. While I think Kaluma would be an excellent get, I would put money on him not really contributing until year 2.

Last edited:
Finding a way to hit a long shot here would be great, especially to rub it into a program that deserves the smoke. No offense to Lloyd but he knew what he was accepting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom