Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ)

If Kaluma is an NBA player, he can beat out Jimmy Boeheim for most minutes as the third forward.

I think Jimmy is almost better suited to being the situational small ball center, kind of like Marek but with more scoring.
I feel as strongly about Kaluma as I did last year with Kadary. There is no way that he doesn't start and play 25 minutes . He and Benny will both play a ton. But I said the same about Kadary and was wrong. Only the Head Coach disagreed. Oh well. This kid is a perfect compliment to Benny and Buddy. Pick your poison is what the opponent will have to do.

I feel as strongly about Kaluma as I did last year with Kadary. There is no way that he doesn't start and play 25 minutes . He and Benny will both play a ton. But I said the same about Kadary and was wrong. Only the Head Coach disagreed. Oh well. This kid is a perfect compliment to Benny and Buddy. Pick your poison is what the opponent will have to do.
If he comes here it would be as the 4th forward.

I don’t know where everyone thinks Arthur and Benny are getting all these minutes... if Arthur were to come to cuse, it would make things very interesting with playing time even more so than where it is now

I don’t know where everyone thinks Arthur and Benny are getting all these minutes... if Arthur were to come to cuse, it would make things very interesting with playing time even more so than where it is now
I think Benny could get some minutes at guard

So what you're saying is, you're pleased with having 3 forwards - one a freshman (yes, a good one, but a freshman), and two transfers?

Still need some sort of depth. How does Duke do it with all the guys they have on their team? Many of whom are rated just as high as Kaluma coming out of HS and barely play to start.

Having lunch with AlaskaSU tomorrow, and meeting him, his fiance and the real estate agent I referred them to in Tucson. AlaskaSU soon needs to be renamed ArizonaSU, except he still has a foot in Alaska also. So, I think after lunch we need to drive out to Glendale and find this young man and bring him to SU.

If he comes here it would be as the 4th forward.

If that is already decided, that would be wrong. The other players can tell. Buddy got some breaks, which maybe led to some defections two seasons ago, but he earned it. Kaluma shouldn't be afraid of Jimmy.

If JB is going to feed Jimmy minutes, my point is to play him more like Marek if / when Sidibe gets hurt again. Use Edwards and Jimmy.

Having lunch with AlaskaSU tomorrow, and meeting him, his fiance and the real estate agent I referred them to in Tucson. AlaskaSU soon needs to be renamed ArizonaSU, except he still has a foot in Alaska also. So, I think after lunch we need to drive out to Glendale and find this young man and bring him to SU.
Bring him a bag. A doggy bag.

If that is already decided, that would be wrong. The other players can tell. Buddy got some breaks, which maybe led to some defections two seasons ago, but he earned it. Kaluma shouldn't be afraid of Jimmy.

If JB is going to feed Jimmy minutes, my point is to play him more like Marek if / when Sidibe gets hurt again. Use Edwards and Jimmy.
Yeah, I don’t get it. There are no incumbent starters at forward. Come, work hard, earn PT. If he is truly on a two year plan, it will benefit him to practice against some experienced and talented players everyday.

Zona insider mentioned that Creighton is turning up the heat. That team is looking like it will be hot garbage next season right? Kinda seem like its a 2 horse race but our insiders seem to be pretty quiet on this one. No news is no news I suppose :)

I guess you are right. The coaching staff should not try to get Arthur when they have 2 experienced forwards and 1 freshman top 25 player forward coming in and the positions are all up for grabs. Don’t even try to recruit him.

Dont recruit with an eye toward the future.

I mean you don’t have to convince me. I make these assumptions and predictions taking in JB’s coaching history.

You act like Swider and Jimmy are already incumbent starters. They are role players. Arthur and Benny are not. Time will tell but if Arthur comes here he will play alot and be a fan favorite. IMO.

So what you're saying is, you're pleased with having 3 forwards - one a freshman (yes, a good one, but a freshman), and two transfers?

Still need some sort of depth. How does Duke do it with all the guys they have on their team? Many of whom are rated just as high as Kaluma coming out of HS and barely play to start.
I literally was only talking about minutes and how everyone thinks that games are 100 minutes now or something. Benny hasn’t played a second of college basketball yet and people have him playing 35 minutes a game. Arthur would complicate the potential plan with Benny and the other players with the minutes. I’m literally only talking about minutes per game

You act like Swider and Jimmy are already incumbent starters. They are role players. Arthur and Benny are not. Time will tell but if Arthur comes here he will play alot and be a fan favorite. IMO.

Well the coach certainly doesn’t think Swider is a role player. Listen to his interview on Big East rewind. Fans opinions don’t matter. Sure we should try to sign him, but he’s not going to get the minutes the fans say he will.

I literally was only talking about minutes and how everyone thinks that games are 100 minutes now or something. Benny hasn’t played a second of college basketball yet and people have him playing 35 minutes a game. Arthur would complicate the potential plan with Benny and the other players with the minutes. I’m literally only talking about minutes per game

When was the last time we had a 5 star forward? I'll save you the trouble - Donte Greene. He played 36 minutes a game.

All 4 Forwards get exactly 20 minutes per game.

Problem solved. ;)

Here are my thoughts:
I think we’re gonna be a bridesmaid again for Art.
So, there likely won’t be a problem then.

However - IF we’re all pleasantly surprised by him choosing Cuse, then:

NONE of the 4 Forwards has a lock on starting and/or minutes, as none has played a second w Cuse.

I’m in what appears to be the minority that doesn’t think JB will play Junior All The Minutes. He’s basically K-ONG 2.0, and should get the same 14-18 mins a game that a scrappy bench energy guy like that gets.
He can also play some C, in case Boo can’t go and/or we have foul trouble.

Cole & Benny can both (likely) start, and get a higher number of minutes due to that.

Art is the wildcard.
Really depends on how well he picks up the zone, and how his skillset fits in with the other guys on the court.

Would be a VERY “happy problem” for JB to have to deal with.

My only concern about Art is - IF we land him, so we maybe lose out on another guy like Flip or JT?

That would suck.

I don’t know if Kaluma would play 35 minutes per game or none. All I know is we need another forward and this young man is VERY talented. He has NBA potential. Cole Swider is a skilled veteran player. Jimmy is also a skilled veteran. Benny is a future lottery pick, in my opinion. That is a nice stable of players who would compete against eachother and make eachother better and their skills would compliment eachother on the court in games. Let JB worry about working out the minutes. Right now it is about building the team, and Art would be a great player to add.

With the 5 spot there really are about 100 minutes...

05D4AA7B-3D90-499A-8661-2CE0E634AB58.jpeg

They had 4 and 5 star recruits transfer this year.

If Kaluma is an NBA player, he can beat out Jimmy Boeheim for most minutes as the third forward.

I think Jimmy is almost better suited to being the situational small ball center, kind of like Marek but with more scoring.
Hes better than all 3 forwards lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom