Class of 2019 - PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Kai Jones (NH/Brewster) to Texas

Kai just liked this tweet from Syracuse Memes. Hopefully pummelling FSU in front of a good crowd gave him something to ponder

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180916-124656.png
    Screenshot_20180916-124656.png
    749.7 KB · Views: 303
I haven’t done a lot of homework on this kid. How raw is this kid? Obviously he fits the zone/beanpole/length requirements.

Jim was at a Gala last night for a local non-profit, showed up late with a sport coat (made a tremendous donation from his foundation) and said "sorry I don't have a tux but I was with a 6'-10" kid I'm trying to get to come to Syracuse and didn't think that would work well"

Good to hear! Now you relax and concentrate on recruiting anxieties
Haha! Me stress about recruiting? :)
Let me tell ya, when you go through an ordeal like what we just went through, it kind of puts recruiting in perspective. I have a friend who lost an apartment, and a friend who's been flooded out of her home. A one year old boy got swept away in the floods less than ten miles from me last night, and the body was found this morning.

It's been a nightmare. That said, I hope we have a great upcoming season, and can land a big time class too. Time for life to start to return to normal. LGO!

I haven’t done a lot of homework on this kid. How raw is this kid? Obviously he fits the zone/beanpole/length requirements.

He's 6'10" and hes ranked 52nd in the composite rankings.

Yes, he's thin. But he's incredibly smart, coachable, no drama, humble, and he's got a really nice game. He reminds me a bit of Hakim. Good shot blocking potential. He'll get pushed around by bigger centers but if you can rotate him with a guy like Carrigan or JBA that could work.

Yes, he's thin. But he's incredibly smart, coachable, no drama, humble, and he's got a really nice game. He reminds me a bit of Hakim. Good shot blocking potential. He'll get pushed around by bigger centers but if you can rotate him with a guy like Carrigan or JBA that could work.

Yeah seems that him with Carrigan would be quite the haul! I’m certainly down with that!

Yeah seems that him with Carrigan would be quite the haul! I’m certainly down with that!
Not quite Plan A or Plan B but could be Plan C and Plan E.

You think Jones and Carrigan would be plan C or E, No That would be terrific. I'm not saying that those are the two that we are going to end up with, but they are both very good.
yep. they are all plan a caliber recruits.

i hesitate to even call jba a "plan c" or even a "plan b" recruit because the staff likes him & has been on him for quite some time, not treating him like a backup plan at all.

Haha! Me stress about recruiting? :)
Let me tell ya, when you go through an ordeal like what we just went through, it kind of puts recruiting in perspective. I have a friend who lost an apartment, and a friend who's been flooded out of her home. A one year old boy got swept away in the floods less than ten miles from me last night, and the body was found this morning.

It's been a nightmare. That said, I hope we have a great upcoming season, and can land a big time class too. Time for life to start to return to normal. LGO!
Year sorry, didn’t mean to downplay the devestation and tragedies you guys suffered. The baby thing was especially sad. Glad you’re ok though.

Year sorry, didn’t mean to downplay the devestation and tragedies you guys suffered. The baby thing was especially sad. Glad you’re ok though.
I know you didn't. No worries. Just stressful times. We're going to land a nice class. I think the NCAA has lit some dynamite under JB. He's a fighter. We'll be fine.

In fact, I think we just need one more domino to fall... and the rest of the pieces will fall into place.

You think Jones and Carrigan would be plan C or E, No That would be terrific. I'm not saying that those are the two that we are going to end up with, but they are both very good.
Believe that going into the summer, Cockburn was Plan A for a Center, Wahab was Plan B, Kai Jones became Plan C when he came around, Ajak was always Plan D and now Carrigan is Plan E. I agree that Jones and Carrigan are not bad plans all in all.