Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Well DC was born in June 21st so Donnie is already a month and a half behind.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

PG team has been positive for us in the past but I agree, the national team is always the goal
Yeah, I’m not poo pooing the PG team. But, the national team is a huge step up in competition.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else watched the Nike World Basketball Festival over the weekend, but Donnie played for Team East along with Kiyan, Bethea, and others. They ended up winning it all...

The game—player intros from 2:12:00. Try to ignore the clown with the microphone:

Not a great showing by Donnie here. Didnt start—ran with a ‘second unit.’ Didn’t seem like he cared as much as some other players.
First half, his first shot was stuffed back at him. Later, he committed a foul on a drive for an And-1 for the other team. Then he turned it over under the rim. A couple of easy rebounds, and one uncontested putback.

Second half, missed a soft hook. Missed an open three, then didn’t defend on the round trip. A possession later, had a three shot in his face…. Defended well In two subsequent possessions. Converted on a shot close to the rim.

End of the third period, a nice one-handed jam of a sweet dish. Then he blocked a shot.

4th: turned it over in the post (picked from behind) but made a block on the opposite end. Not many minutes in the 4th. They went with the starter, a real center, Ngomba(?), but Donniemhad another turnover and then was scored on.

Boogie Fland was a star. Bethea and Malik Thomas(?) also strong.

Last edited:
He seems to be on the winning team all the time. Can’t be a coincidence.
It was a coincidence this time. I added game notes above.

Not a great circumstance for his tyoe of game, but he was careless more than a few times. Probably led the game in turnovers.

Kiyan Anthony did a couple of nice things, but not spectacular. There were some obvious alphas/“dawgs” and then… the rest.

Not sure if anyone else watched the Nike World Basketball Festival over the weekend, but Donnie played for Team East along with Kiyan, Bethea, and others. They ended up winning it all...

Thanks for this post. I definitely would not Have been aware of this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom