Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Beastie+Boys+The+Skills+To+Pay+The+Bills-139191.jpg

He jumped 10 spots in the recent On3 update up to number 20 overall and up to 28 on 247. Definitely seems to be trending in the right direction.
Consensus 33rd overall by the RSCI Rankings that came out October 1st. Not far to go get to top 25.

Freeman also seems to be getting better every time we see highlights.

Last edited:
Love it. FWIW, I talked to a national analyst earlier this week who says Donnie could push for five stars this coming season :)

How do 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars, etc. relate to the numerical lists? I'd assume a "top 20" guy would already be a 5 star.

In football I've always assumes that 3 star means a potential Power 5 starter, 4 stars would be a potential All-Conference guy and 5 stars would be a potential All-American. Is that too simple?

How do 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars, etc. relate to the numerical lists? I'd assume a "top 20" guy would already be a 5 star.

In football I've always assumes that 3 star means a potential Power 5 starter, 4 stars would be a potential All-Conference guy and 5 stars would be a potential All-American. Is that too simple?
Most define 5 stars in basketball as top 25 in the class. 4 stars as top hundred, and 3 stars as honorable mention outside the top100. A guy could be barely top500 and be called 3 stars, but that is a player almost no power five team would want. Or he could be Maliq Brown, barely outside the top 100 and a very valuable recruit.

4 stars seems more nebulous in football, as there are so many more positions and players to rank.

This is the type of player we have been missing and big kudos to the staff for landing him. This kid is the real deal
If we kept JB, we would have missed on him, too. We were involved early, like with many blue chip players, and then we faded. But, right after we hired Red and he brought Staughn on, we went to the top of his list.

If we kept JB, we would have missed on him, too. We were involved early, like with many blue chip players, and then we faded. But, right after we hired Red and he brought Staughn on, we went to the top of his list.
I think he was almost a Bama lock until his lead recruiter left then Red and Staughn swooped in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom