Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

How do 5 stars, 4 stars, 3 stars, etc. relate to the numerical lists? I'd assume a "top 20" guy would already be a 5 star.

In football I've always assumes that 3 star means a potential Power 5 starter, 4 stars would be a potential All-Conference guy and 5 stars would be a potential All-American. Is that too simple?
I think the stars are connected to the numerical score the scouts rate the player with. On 2 4 7 all the 5 stars have at least a 98 out of 100. The number of them can vary from year to year depending on how talented each class is. 2 4 7 has 19 5 stars in the class of 2024 right now.

Last edited:
Red needs to be signing a freeman every other year at minimum. these guys don't stick around.
I see a lot of wings we‘re recruiting, but not as many big forwards or centers. If we want to run, we have to get a big strong rebounder. This team is all finesse and it will struggle against big, physical teams. The Tennessee game is going to be a good indicator if we can play with physical teams. Their guards are also physical. They took Duke out of a lot of things they like to do I last years Tournament. I don’t know if Patterson is ever going to pan out, but he looks very smooth and athletic watching him warmup. He needs another 20-25 pounds. This next game will also tell us a lot about McClouds ability to match up against big teams.

For those with ESPN+ good chance to check out Donnie tonight against Monteverde. Montverde has 4 5 stars in the front court in Cooper Flagg, Liam McNeeley, Asa Newell and Derik Queen so it should be quite the opportunity for Donnie to prove he belongs in that conversation.

For those with ESPN+ good chance to check out Donnie tonight against Monteverde. Montverde has 4 5 stars in the front court in Cooper Flagg, Liam McNeeley, Asa Newell and Derik Queen so it should be quite the opportunity for Donnie to prove he belongs in that conversation.
Monteverde is loaded...to the point Flagg doesn't even start.

Limited video looks by me, but he appears to be the best front court player we have signed in the Autry era.
Seriously thought, since Melo, who would be in the same camp physically as a HS forward.

I was just thinking this. He looks like he’s ready to start and get a double double a on Saturday.

Why isn’t Flagg starting lol
I think it is because he's the best player in the class and doesn't need any work or any extra exposure, and he's a good dude who is willing to let other guys start.

Or, it's a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom