Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

This is nice.
Kid has a motor, skills, size, intensity, and he’s the alpha.

Love how he was The Man down the stretch of this game:

As reported, a great frame. He’ll be an NBA player. Really cool, this turnaround in excitement and potential. Go, Red.

I dont think thats the case, he said JJ and Donnie were coming to cuse ahead of their commitments. Recruiting is fluid

Yeah I don't take issue with it. You can just as easily take it as a bit of shade at Oats. Needs hired guns to get it done.

I dont think thats the case, he said JJ and Donnie were coming to cuse ahead of their commitments. Recruiting is fluid

I'm not saying he won't report when positive things happen but the weird post about Chance and now this post Freeman commitment one was odd.

I get the feeling that Andrew Slater is not too fond of Syracuse for some reason. He said something weird about Chance too.
Yeah the guy is a bit salty with us. Is it Gottlieb's burner account?

Donnie reminds me of Jayson Tatum, He even shoots like him.
In being tall and lean, but playing like a guard with the ball in his hands, Freeman kind of reminds me of Durant. Highlight films can be deceptive, but I liked a couple things.

Freeman seems like a great passer. He makes passes like a qb, passing the target open.

Freeman doesn't wait for the rebound to come to him, he seems to snatch it out of the air.

He seems to have a very tight handle for a kid his age and height. He really looks like a guard with the ball in his hands.

He led one of the EYBL sessions in blocks as a forward. These are all college bound prospects, so a pretty good group to lead in any category. He gets up quick and seems to have good anticipation. Many tall players get blocks in high school because they are physically dominant, Freeman seemed to have translatable skill.

His shooting looks good. He has a true jump shot to three point range, not the set shot a lot of guys shoot. With his height and lift, he might be a threat to shoot even when closely guarded, especially if teams switch a guard onto him in man to man off screens.

He's too skinny, but he's got a while to grow into his body before getting to campus. On the other hand, Freeman doesn't play skinny. His highlights show him pushing guys around (yeah also skinny highschool players) in the post. He won't be able to do that in college at 190, but he has the right mindset. If he can bulk up 20 lbs before getting here, he won't be too skinny to compete.

I didn't see any obvious weakness in his highlights, Freeman looks like a really good pickup.

I'm pretty excited with recruiting lately. Now we've got to see what Red does on the court.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_2134.jpeg
    IMG_2134.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 46
In being tall and lean, but playing like a guard with the ball in his hands, Freeman kind of reminds me of Durant. Highlight films can be deceptive, but I liked a couple things.

Freeman seems like a great passer. He makes passes like a qb, passing the target open.

Freeman doesn't wait for the rebound to come to him, he seems to snatch it out of the air.

He seems to have a very tight handle for a kid his age and height. He really looks like a guard with the ball in his hands.

He led one of the EYBL sessions in blocks as a forward. These are all college bound prospects, so a pretty group to lead in any category. He gets up quick and seems to have good anticipation. Many tall players get blocks in high school because they are physically dominant, Freeman seemed to have translatable skill.

His shooting looks good. He has a true jump shot to the point range, not the set shot a lot of guys get. With his height and lift, he might be a threat to shoot even when closely guarded, especially if teams switch a guard onto him in man to man off screens.

He's too skinny, but he's got a while to grow into his body before getting to campus. But Freeman doesn't play skinny. His highlights show him pushing guys around (yeah also skinny highschool players) in the post. He won't be able to do that in college at 190, but he has the right mindset. If he can bulk up 20 lbs before getting here, he won't be too skinny to compete.

I didn't see any obvious weakness in his highlights, Freeman looks like a really good pickup.

I'm pretty excited with recruiting lately. Now we've got to see what Red does on the court.
This is a nice summary, thanks. Do you think he is a 3 in that he can play alongside a more traditional 4?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom