Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Also... Verbal Commits does NOT list UK as having offered Isaiah??

They already have Lance Ware verbal, and offers listed to 3 other PF's, none of whom is Jackson.

AND - Bama already has a crapton of PF's on their roster.

Now - he may actually be a 5 for us (and others?), but still -
Bama has a LOT of LARGE dudes already on campus.
(and not just on the football team)

After reading his fathers quotes it's hard to not get excited. I think this comes down to us and bama. I would never count kentucky out just because of who they are as a program and their coach but they definitely have a pecking order and I think the jackson family knows that. They really want Todd and or Brown and already have Ware so I'm not sure how much of a priority Isaiah is to them. I'm not saying they arent putting effort into his recruitment but I'm thinking bama and cuse are probably throwing everything they can at him while kentucky might not be showing quite as much love and keeping him on the back burner. I bet him and his family left cuse knowing how important he would be to our program and what he could accomplish with us. Kid would be the star attraction here and not just another stud at kentucky. This would be huge for us and would totally and completely erase the thought of the other Jackson. I'm pretty sure if you were to poll everyone on here who they would choose if it came down to one or the other that Isaiah would win out no contest and that's not taking anything away from how good I think Andre is.

That's amazing -- great to see that our coaches, players, and facilities made such an impression on IJ and his family.

Interesting to note that the sentiment expressed by IJ's dad about the family, closeness, etc. runs counter a bit to what we often hear about JB being aloof and not relating to the team.

Indirectly, it also sounds like this current team [unlike recent years] has some solid chemistry. I'm sure the trip to Italy helped them bond.

awesome quotes and sounds like a really impressive recruiting trip. Cant do much more than to show a recruit and his family that he is the top priority, will be surrounded by warm and supportive environment. This kid would be absolutely huge for the program. Would not worry for a second about missing out on anyone else if IJ becomes Orange!

Cuse!

After reading his fathers quotes it's hard to not get excited. I think this comes down to us and bama. I would never count kentucky out just because of who they are as a program and their coach but they definitely have a pecking order and I think the jackson family knows that. They really want Todd and or Brown and already have Ware so I'm not sure how much of a priority Isaiah is to them. I'm not saying they arent putting effort into his recruitment but I'm thinking bama and cuse are probably throwing everything they can at him while kentucky might not be showing quite as much love and keeping him on the back burner. I bet him and his family left cuse knowing how important he would be to our program and what he could accomplish with us. Kid would be the star attraction here and not just another stud at kentucky. This would be huge for us and would totally and completely erase the thought of the other Jackson. I'm pretty sure if you were to poll everyone on here who they would choose if it came down to one or the other that Isaiah would win out no contest and that's not taking anything away from how good I think Andre is.

100% agreed. The kid and family know they are priority number one here. Can build a team around IJ and just what a bunch of shooters need to be even more dangerous. Andre is good and would have been happy to have him but this kid could be great and fits the need completely!

Cuse!

Read the thread on IJs top 3 on Rupp Rafters...it went as expected.
Yea they dont think very highly of us...expected though coming from them. I really liked this part because it's the farthest from the truth.

"We will see how things go, but I think he chooses UK. He's a borderline 5-star, top 25 guy. Those guys aren't guaranteed draft picks. He will need to be pushed and work hard to get into the first round and UK is the place for that. Cal has a proven track record in these situations."

Cal has a track record of getting kids who could go straight to the NBA out of highschool drafter in the first round because those kids are already the ish...no development needed.

Yea they dont think very highly of us...expected though coming from them. I really liked this part because it's the farthest from the truth.

"We will see how things go, but I think he chooses UK. He's a borderline 5-star, top 25 guy. Those guys aren't guaranteed draft picks. He will need to be pushed and work hard to get into the first round and UK is the place for that. Cal has a proven track record in these situations."

Cal has a track record of getting kids who could go straight to the NBA out of highschool drafter in the first round because those kids are already the ish...no development needed.

Yeah you could make a thread as long as the BY one in a week with comments from that place.

Harrison twins?

Love the quotes by Isaiah ’s father.
Anyone hear how Isaiah felt about the visit and the school?

Walk-ons doing their part...
Screenshot_20190930-183806_Instagram.jpg

Man that zags article.. powerful stuff. With that said guess who else is reading rhat.. Bama's staff. Oats seems like the type who could fall into the trap of negative recruiting. He certainly had lots to say the first year we beat UB and not good things about SU. Let's hope we can close the deal on this one.

Man that zags article.. powerful stuff. With that said guess who else is reading rhat.. Bama's staff. Oats seems like the type who could fall into the trap of negative recruiting. He certainly had lots to say the first year we beat UB and not good things about SU. Let's hope we can close the deal on this one.

Judging by that article and what Isaiah’s dad had to say, I actually think negative recruiting would backfire on Oats and Bama.

Just a thought here on why Dre flipped from Cuse.

If Dre is a 3 (he’s not a 2 right out of the gate cause of his shooting) and if Eli and Guerrier stay another here, Dre wouldn’t have much playing time.

If we get IJ, here is our roster next year.

Carey / Goodine
Buddy / JG3
Eli / Guerrier
IJ / Doley / Bras / Woody
Sid / Edwards / JBA

Dre would be 2 or player off the bench as a Freshman.

Just a thought here on why Dre flipped from Cuse.

If Dre is a 3 (he’s not a 2 right out of the gate cause of his shooting) and if Eli and Guerrier stay another here, Dre wouldn’t have much playing time.

If we get IJ, here is our roster next year.

Carey / Goodine
Buddy / JG3
Eli / Guerrier
IJ / Doley / Bras / Woody
Sid / Edwards / JBA

Dre would be 2 or player off the bench as a Freshman.

If Quincy is here next season, he’s not coming off the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom