Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

Alright folks. Just spent 3 hours with my source and wanted to filll everyone in. This is strictly an SU and UK race now. After his SU visit, he informed certain people Bama is out as of today. He wants big time program. He is still going to take his visit to Bama most likely because the staff is encouraging this, but this is now strictly down to UK and SU. Bama was a solid contender going into this weekend but now they are completely eliminated from what I’m told... this is a very solid family he has with mom and dad and this will still take a while for a commitment and I don’t get my hopes up because these are still kids, but SU is in an incredible spot...

Crazy story that was shared with me was that he didn’t like how his recruitment was going with certain schools and started to watch film on how “he wanted to play” and HE reached out to SU and a certain asst coach. Talked about certain players. Certain schemes. Everything. Staff was kinda taken aback. The push on his end is why SU is where they are and this makes me think this kid truly truly loves SU. Like I said I don’t get my hopes up but this has truly become a coin flip out of nowhere... I’m prob not going to have anything new for a little while but Bama is out and that I know of for sure ...
good on red keeping those lines of communication open even when it looked to the rest of the world like we had no chance

good on red keeping those lines of communication open even when it looked to the rest of the world like we had no chance

Just goes to show you literally anything can happen in basketball recruiting. Because this was not a thing with IJ a month ago hence why I never made any comments.. it actually didn’t exist, let alone a 5 star top 25 player in America to boot.

Thank you for sharing! Pretty cool that he reached out like that. I bet that doesnt happen too often this late in a recruitment especially with a kid who is already being recruited by tons of schools and is a top 25 player in his class. Seems like a smart kid with great parents guiding him through the process.
Alright folks. Just spent 3 hours with my source and wanted to filll everyone in. This is strictly an SU and UK race now. After his SU visit, he informed certain people Bama is out as of today. He wants big time program. He is still going to take his visit to Bama most likely because the staff is encouraging this, but this is now strictly down to UK and SU. Bama was a solid contender going into this weekend but now they are completely eliminated from what I’m told... this is a very solid family he has with mom and dad and this will still take a while for a commitment and I don’t get my hopes up because these are still kids, but SU is in an incredible spot...

Crazy story that was shared with me was that he didn’t like how his recruitment was going with certain schools and started to watch film on how “he wanted to play” and HE reached out to SU and a certain asst coach. Talked about certain players. Certain schemes. Everything. Staff was kinda taken aback. The push on his end is why SU is where they are and this makes me think this kid truly truly loves SU. Like I said I don’t get my hopes up but this has truly become a coin flip out of nowhere... I’m prob not going to have anything new for a little while but Bama is out and that I know of for sure ...
So did he reach out this summer? Or the summer/year before? Because he went to our elite camp in Aug 2018 and I thought we’ve been recruiting him since then—though maybe not with as much gusto since many people thought he was headed to Michigan State.

So did he reach out this summer? Or the summer/year before? Because he went to our elite camp in Aug 2018 and I thought we’ve been recruiting him since then—though maybe not with as much gusto since many people thought he was headed to Michigan State.

He came to camp and then things went silent. Everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion he was going to go to MSU. From what I’m being told he reached out like a month ago. Legit a month ago and things have ramped up since. Red may have had some contact with him since camp, but IJ is the one coming forward with the full court press on everything. Great sign

Thank you for sharing! Pretty cool that he reached out like that. I bet that doesnt happen too often this late in a recruitment especially with a kid who is already being recruited by tons of schools and is a top 25 player in his class. Seems like a smart kid with great parents guiding him through the process.
With the way JB doesn’t even bother trying to recruit 5-star talent... for some reason this reminds me of Shallow Hal.

With the way JB doesn’t even bother trying to recruit 5-star talent... for some reason this reminds me of Shallow Hal.

I just saw Coach in Skan tonight and he gave me a smile and an infamous shoulder shrug when I asked him about the weekend. I think he starts to go after more of these high power 5 star kids in the future. Offers are saying so too by the look of it ...

Last edited:
really? he didn't go after quade green in 2017 or darius bazely in 2018 or isaiah stewart in 2019? you must be talking about some other jb . . .
Baz and IJ we weren’t even recruiting - they fell into our lap.

Baz and IJ we weren’t even recruiting - they fell into our lap.
not true/gross mischaracterization
griff had been recruiting bazely while at dayton; when he decommitted from osu, he (griff) approached jb and got approval to approach. that is not "falling into the lap"

ij attended jb's elite camp and syracuse was one of the first schools to offer him. yes, according to bulldog it was ij who re-ignited the recruitment, but the recruitment was begun by su

finally, your initial point was that "jb doesn't go after five stars anymore" and now you are changing it to some kind of bizarre ruling on style points

and i even left out the standing offers to several five stars in the 2021 and 2022 classes

Last edited:
This is great info but just reading what dad said about the visit makes me feel very confident about this kid. If Bama is truly out I see us leading this race for his services however I’ll wait until he gets closer to committing before getting too hyped up

Thanks for the update Bulldog, greatly appreciated as always. Would love to beat out Cal and UK for sure.

Thanks BD. I love getting overnite updates of this quality. Appreciate your input.

not true/gross mischaracterization
griff had been recruiting bazely while at dayton; when he decommitted from osu, he (griff) approached jb and got approval to approach. that is not "falling into the lap"

ij attended jb's elite camp and syracuse was one of the first schools to offer him. yes, according to bulldog it was ij who re-ignited the recruitment, but the recruitment was begun by su

finally, your initial point was that "jb doesn't go after five stars anymore" and now you are changing it to some kind of bizarre ruling on style points

and i even left out the standing offers to several five stars in the 2021 and 2022 classes
Don’t let the facts ruin the narrative.

I choose not to get high on basketball recruiting anymore because it’s so back and forth.

But I like this kid.

Sorry if I missed it, but any word on timeline?

Well written, good information and glad to enjoy your insight into the player. No exaggerated promises/statement that he’s Syracuse. Very refreshing

Crazy story that was shared with me was that he didn’t like how his recruitment was going with certain schools and started to watch film on how “he wanted to play” and HE reached out to SU and a certain asst coach. Talked about certain players. Certain schemes. Everything.
Maybe it was elsewhere in the thread, but does he want to play C or PF?

Sorry if I missed it, but any word on timeline?
Seems like this may play well into the season and be a battle with UK, we’re in a great spot though.

We’ve all seen this movie before, but we truly are in a better spot than we could hope for at the moment

Great info. but I'd rather be competing against Alabama than UK.
Same here. Cal is arguably the best closer in the business (money talks, after all) and head to head battles with him don't usually end in our favor. Regardless, I will remain optimistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom