Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

He also noted that Kentucky kids are the most successful pros. All the good things said about us are just one side of the picture. Time will tell.

It may have been discussed already, but does anyone know how many available scholarships Kentucky currently has 4 2020? And I know they already see if the commitment from a power Ford, are they recruiting any other high-profile big men? Thanks

He also noted that Kentucky kids are the most successful pros. All the good things said about us are just one side of the picture. Time will tell.

When you recruit 40 kids ready for the NBA out of high school and 15 make it as regulars , 4 as all stars.. not sure that makes them more successful pros.

And before crushing the math- it's an analogy. My guess is it's probably 18/6 or something like that.

It may have been discussed already, but does anyone know how many available scholarships Kentucky currently has 4 2020? And I know they already see if the commitment from a power Ford, are they recruiting any other high-profile big men? Thanks
To answer your question, Kentucky has 4 Verbal Commits per a known site of similar name. As of this moment, they have 0 scholarships available. That means nothing as they are only scheduled to lose one player, a center. However, Nick Richards is a junior. If he has a good year, he could be gone. At that time, they would have no centers on their roster. They are recruiting big Cliff O.

If he comes to SU he will walk into an amazing situation for himself. The roster will be loaded with great talent at PG SG SF and Center. He can walk into the 4 and be an instant star. We really are a great choice for this particular player.

A few more details from the visit than we previously had read.

"On defense, of course, a kid like Isaiah with his gifts on defense, it would allow him to block a lot of shots. They trap a lot. Although it's a zone, it's more of a trap and man to man zone more than what people think. Just watching the kids movement and everything, they're fast in the zone. All of those things offensively and defensively fits Isaiah's game."

There was someone looking for the man-to-man principles explanation a little while back.

I will echo what Bulldog said, I heard earlier this week that we think Bama is out. But I’d rather not be in a battle with Cal.

Especially now that the FBI/NCAA investigation is in penalty mode now. Speed traps are unmanned...

I assume we aren't going to win a head to head battle with Cal, if UK makes him a priority. Most likely our best shot is if UK continues to pursue others as their primary option, or they take on enough other guys that they don't have room for him. I would love to win a head to head for a guy we were both prioritizing, but I'm a realist at this point. UK has been made into such a monolith, that it truly has to be hard for a kid to turn away when they come calling.

Last edited:
Don’t want to read all the pages but who is this kid’s lead recruiter?

To answer your question, Kentucky has 4 Verbal Commits per a known site of similar name. As of this moment, they have 0 scholarships available. That means nothing as they are only scheduled to lose one player, a center. However, Nick Richards is a junior. If he has a good year, he could be gone. At that time, they would have no centers on their roster. They are recruiting big Cliff O.

Thank you for the info. I am guessing UK is recruiting Cliff O as a center, either way we should routing for big Cliff to commit to UK. It's one less scholarship and one more big man that they would have. Would UK still want IJ if they received a commitment from big Cliff? I'd imaging with a a 5* PF and a 5* Center locked up they would have other areas of need.

If he comes to SU he will walk into an amazing situation for himself. The roster will be loaded with great talent at PG SG SF and Center. He can walk into the 4 and be an instant star. We really are a great choice for this particular player.
Agreed. He would come into a team with multiple positions having good shooters to be surrounded with. For once we can make that pitch.

I will echo what Bulldog said, I heard earlier this week that we think Bama is out. But I’d rather not be in a battle with Cal.
That said, (and without any real knowledge of this situation),
a: his folks seem to be looking for more than the short term financial gain, and
b: it appears that after due diligence, he escalated the recruitment, not SU.

Our track record against him says your spot on about battling Cal. I think were like 1 for 5 or 6 going against him head to head. Would be great if that Cliff kid committed to UK. Gotta hope we can find away to pull this one out.

That said, (and without any real knowledge of this situation),
a: his folks seem to be looking for more than the short term financial gain, and
b: it appears that after due diligence, he escalated the recruitment, not SU.

The second part is the real important one here. It appears he and his family really get the strengths of the SU program and what it can do for their son. The problem is going against UK is that sometimes the switch just flips and once it happens there is nothing you can do. Positive news is that he has already visits to UK so I think thats a big help.

Our track record against him says your spot on about battling Cal. I think were like 1 for 5 or 6 going against him head to head. Would be great if that Cliff kid committed to UK. Gotta hope we can find away to pull this one out.

We're also one of the only schools that Cal worries about head to head. We'll see, it's been so long since Rak graduated I almost forgot what a reliable big man was like.

Even though it appears Bama is out of it, the quicker that visit is over the better because sometimes things can flip. Dre is the perfect example, that reporter from Connecticut noted Dre didn't feel he was headed to Uconn and then something happened on that visit (god knows what) and he felt it was the right choice. Sounds like IJ's visit here went extremely well and hopefully he has that same feeling as he moves forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom