Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

While I love DC, Sherm was absolutely vital to the 1986-87 - 1988-89 teams. Leading scorer all three years and led the country in assists.
Yeah, but like, even though he finished his career as the NCAA leader in assists, you have the word Sherman in your handle, so I suspect you may be biased.

Or a tank enthusiast.

they're really getting their money's worth out of him
Although, I was inexplicably turned down for hazard pay.
1572984388749.gif

I'm sorry I derailed this thread. I am very happy that we have a 4 star 6'-8" forward and a 4 star 6'-5" guard and are in play for a 5 star PF/C. I feel very good about where our recruiting is going. You can't teach size...

If Isaiah comes, this might be the best defensive class we have ever gotten.

ranks Jackson as the No. 23 overall player in the 2020 class.

“He’s probably one of the best defenders in all of high school basketball,” Evans said. “He’s a quick-twitch defensive guy. I always kind of roll my eyes when people say, ‘He can guard the ‘1’ through ‘5’. But he is one of the few that actually can, I think. He’s an elite shot-blocker. Great second jump. He has great length and great instincts. He moves well laterally, moves well vertically. He just has a really good feel for the game, so he brings a lot defensively.

“Offensively, you kind of wish he would’ve taken a step forward as more of a refined, polished prospect. But he’s also someone who doesn’t really play outside of his element. He plays to his strengths and knows what he is.”

Kadary Richmond is a cat quick guy with a crazy long reach (I read 6'9 wing span somewhere).

And then you have Woody Newton. This is what the DO wrote about him:

In 13 EYBL games this summer, Newton averaged 5.7 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. He shot 47.1% from the field and 40% on 20 3-pointers. He also made 18 of his 35 free throw attempts.

Newton called himself the best defender in the country at the EYBL session in Dallas last weekend, and with a long, lanky frame, he affected shots at the rim and had the lateral movement to stay in front of guards on the perimeter. In EYBL this year, he averaged 0.9 steals and 0.4 blocks per game and earned playing time at crucial moments on a talented Team Takeover squad with his defensive presence.

“Just being long, wily, as well as being able to guard multiple positions my whole life, I always prided myself on defense,” Newton said over the weekend.

If Isaiah comes, this might be the best defensive class we have ever gotten.

Kadary Richmond is a cat quick guy with a crazy long reach (I read 6'9 wing span somewhere).

And then you have Woody Newton. This is what the DO wrote about him:

It will be interesting to see what IJ brings offensively (if he chooses the right colors of course). But with that said, the highlight tapes show mostly his defensive prowess, playing above the rim, finishing on the break and then a few passes, perimeter jumpers and drives sprinkled in.

As a 4 he seems more he would be a combination of a slasher and more traditional interior player. Not to bypass Bourama but with the Skillset we see in a guy like Edwards, in year 2 that might make a fun pairing on both sides of the ball. It also would make letting Marek run the 5 but IJ playing goalie in the press a fun option too. Landing IJ would definitely make this season even more fun to start pondering on how the pieces will come together adding such a talented class to an already solid base.

Well pretty much the top player in the country Cade Cunningham (maybe he is? I havent looked recently) spurned UK to go to OSU where his bro is on the staff. Love to see UK lose out on top talent and next is Isaiah to spurn them. I read somewhere just recently that someone thought UK hasnt really been recruting Isaiah for a little while now. Not sure how true that is but it kinda makes sense. Uk/Duke fans have been so spoiled over the years they have no clue...glad to see them squirm!

the other PF Alabama is recruiting is announcing the day after Isaiah :confused: players coming off the board quick now. I dont know a ton about this kids recruitment but I think its between bama/Arkansas/ncstate. Oats did just go to the bahamas to visit him. Things are heating up!!

Last edited:
the other PF Alabama is recruiting is announcing the day after Isaiah :confused: players coming off the board quick now. I dont know a ton about this kids recruitment but I think its between bama/Arkansas. Oats did just go to the bahamas to visit him. Things are heating up!!

If it’s truly between Arkansas and Bama; by IJ going first you’d think it would make Ambroses decision obvious...

UK guy that's been at it for awhile. Had him going to UK early on but seems to be changing his pick. Roll tide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom