Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Jackson (MI/SpireAcademyOH) to Kentucky

I think that Oats going to the Bahamas a week ago shows where he thinks they are with IJ.

I’m trying to read into the announcement date timing with those 2 but it’s hard to make much of it. Certainly for Bama if they got Ambrose the day after IJ didn’t choose them it’s better for Oats; but I’m sure the timing is a coincidence more than anything.
Can’t Bama take both kids? Scholarships have a way of freeing up for the right guys.

Can’t Bama take both kids? Scholarships have a way of freeing up for the right guys.
I dont think so but who knows. Their scholarship situation is tight and they want burnett to go with a pf/c. I suppose theres always a way and these things work out usually.

I think that Oats going to the Bahamas a week ago shows where he thinks they are with IJ.

I’m trying to read into the announcement date timing with those 2 but it’s hard to make much of it. Certainly for Bama if they got Ambrose the day after IJ didn’t choose them it’s better for Oats; but I’m sure the timing is a coincidence more than anything.
Feel that you need to recruit multiple players you want until you land one of them. For example: recruiting IJ and Ambrose leaves at least one chance if one of them goes elsewhere. Kind of the old SU recruiting process where you take the one that commits first.

evans still thinks ambrose lands at Alabama...not sure the plan for them was to take both ambrose/jackson and I've never seen anything indicating they were trying to. I would think this is good for us but Evan's also thought just yesterday that it's still a bama/uk race for jackson. (Although he did mention having a hard time getting a feel for his recruitment)

evans still thinks ambrose lands at Alabama...not sure the plan for them was to take both ambrose/jackson and I've never seen anything indicating they were trying to. I would think this is good for us but Evan's also thought just yesterday that it's still a bama/uk race for jackson. (Although he did mention having a hard time getting a feel for his recruitment)

I think its clear at this point that no one has any idea where Jackson will end up. As you noted Ambrose landing at Bama would appear to be a big sign for us. That said we all know everything remains fluid in recruiting but it seems were are in a good under the radar spot here. I would say that as we get closer things should start to leak a little bit like most recruitment's and we will get a clearer picture.

When was the last time that we got a recruit that we were the perceived favorite on for the duration?

It seems either we strike quickly or we kind of come out of nowhere

Very rarely, as Cuseguy likes to point out when recruitments where were the supposed "favorite" for start to drag it seems inevitably things end badly ie Quade Green, Jackson etc etc etc. We have much more success when we come out of nowhere ie Richmond, Girard (not out of nowhere but we went from eh to leader in a blink), Dolezaj etc. Certainly there are some exceptions but SU running as the dark horse for a change has been nice versus wondering why a guy hasn't committed yet.

Very rarely, as Cuseguy likes to point out when recruitments where were the supposed "favorite" for start to drag it seems inevitably things end badly ie Quade Green, Jackson etc etc etc. We have much more success when we come out of nowhere ie Richmond, Girard (not out of nowhere but we went from eh to leader in a blink), Dolezaj etc. Certainly there are some exceptions but SU running as the dark horse for a change has been nice versus wondering why a guy hasn't committed yet.

And in this case the fun will be filled by more sourgrapes from rivals and likely the boneyard too whining about why Jackson would come here. I'm sure the yard will be claiming of bags falling from the sky in CNY.

I think you guys should have a little more faith and trust how these dominos are falling... nothing new as of now, workin on the Kennedy Chandler info and visit and what not as that will be my next rollercoaster for you guys... when I hear, I’ll post ...
Glad we got a visit from him but I’d be shocked if we’re seriously in the running for this kid

I think you guys should have a little more faith and trust how these dominos are falling... nothing new as of now, workin on the Kennedy Chandler info and visit and what not as that will be my next rollercoaster for you guys... when I hear, I’ll post ...
I never thought I’d get over my Bazley heartbreak as I truly believe he would’ve been Carmelo good here but IJ is going to be a perfect amnesia causing agent.

I never thought I’d get over my Bazley heartbreak as I truly believe he would’ve been Carmelo good here but IJ is going to be a perfect amnesia causing agent.

It would definitely help. The next 10 days should be pretty interesting as nothing is going to get leaked in any regard. But there are too many “coincidences” happening at Bama and Uk that are making Cuse look reallllaaaay nice right now

Yeah...all these teas leaves are pointing in the right direction. I’m not saying he’s coming here for sure, but this is how I’d expect it to unfold.

If UK was the leader, we’d know it...and the Ambrose timing makes it look orchestrated by Bama as a plan “B” saving face announcement.

interesting to watch.

Yeah...all these teas leaves are pointing in the right direction. I’m not saying he’s coming here for sure, but this is how I’d expect it to unfold.

If UK was the leader, we’d know it...and the Ambrose timing makes it look orchestrated by Bama as a plan “B” saving face announcement.

interesting to watch.

hopefully IJ had a chance to watch Alabama lose to Penn last night in front of a tiny crowd. He might have gotten a good look at a potential future path as those fans totally don't care about hoops until football is done (and even then they care way more about football)

Cuse!

interesting to watch.

Agreed, UK is not shy about letting the world know when a guy is leaning or is a slient verbal there, word spreads fast. Also seems like Bama would be looking to do the same to get some momentum going in Oates first year, instead he's traveling to the Bahamas and there looking at other players. As you noted anything is possible and it wouldn't be the first time the tea leaves were way off but this has the feeling of were in a real good spot unless something dramatic happens.

hopefully IJ had a chance to watch Alabama lose to Penn last night in front of a tiny crowd. He might have gotten a good look at a potential future path as those fans totally don't care about hoops until football is done (and even then they care way more about football)

Cuse!
Hopefully he has a 5pm flight to Syracuse to feel what 25K is like in person

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom