Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Estrella went on the Inside Syracuse podcast this morning. His wifi was cutting in and out, so it was tough to hear everything, but he seems like a great guy to have in the program. Just a normal guy you'd want to have around. Most importantly, it must be a positive sign that he's willing to go on a Syracuse podcast. There's still a chance here I think, although a few dominos might have to fall. He's all about finding a family away from his family, and Cuse could deliver on that. Recruits tend to like the family atmosphere at Cuse. We have to get him on campus for an OV while the summer workouts are going. He went to the Colgate game last year, which is slightly embarrassing. He would be a real difference-maker in this program. 6'11" and still growing, and the skills to play forward if needed. He said his NBA comp is Porzingis. If we could keep most of the 2022 guys, add Estrella and maybe Ducharme, Elmarko or a transfer, that would be a great young core to start Syracuse's path back to being elite, especially since we're chasing some big fish in 2024.

* edited to state it's a "Locked on Syracuse" podcast, not "Inside Syracuse"*

Last edited:
Estrella went on the Inside Syracuse podcast this morning. His wifi was cutting in and out, so it was tough to hear everything, but he seems like a great guy to have in the program. Just a normal guy you'd want to have around. Most importantly, it must be a positive sign that he's willing to go on a Syracuse podcast. There's still a chance here I think, although a few dominos might have to fall. He's all about finding a family away from his family, and Cuse could deliver on that. Recruits tend to like the family atmosphere at Cuse. We have to get him on campus for an OV while the summer workouts are going. He went to the Colgate game last year, which is slightly embarrassing. He would be a real difference-maker in this program. 6'11" and still growing, and the skills to play forward if needed. He said his NBA comp is Porzingis. If we could keep most of the 2022 guys, add Estrella and maybe Ducharme, Elmarko or a transfer, that would be a great young core to start Syracuse's path back to being elite, especially since we're chasing some big fish in 2024.
I should add that he was worried about who will coach the team, but I posted what he said about that in the "What I'm Hearing" thread so I don't mix topics and end up in the Gulag.

“JP Estrella took June official visits to Marquette and Tennessee. He has visits set with Iowa and Duke for the end of July. Estrella has not set dates yet, but he is talking with Syracuse and UConn about dates; also, Louisville is a new school in the mix that has piqued his interest.

While the process is new for the 6-foot-11 stretch-five, Estrella will go through the process and experience his visits. Estrella eyes a commitment date before his high school season starting in October.”

We still have a shot here. We will know more in a couple of weeks.
I'd be very excited for how the squad is building back up if we get Estrella. Great young core. We would still need a guard, whether from high school or the portal, since Joe and Sy may leave. If Peter Carey develops a nice offensive touch, and we land Estrella, we'd have two bigs who can play 4 or 5, and hopefully Mounir develops into a serviceable 5.

We still have a shot here. We will know more in a couple of weeks.
lets-go-ready.gif

I think this is the first place where he’s said he doing an official at Cuse.
That's the first article that has reported an OV to Cuse. Huge development. There's a real shot at landing him now that he'll take an OV, especially since he's been on campus twice already I believe. I just have the sense this kid would fit great with the 2022 class, both on and off the court, and the school in general. I would love to see Xavier Booker commit to Duke -- that would certainly help.

That's the first article that has reported an OV to Cuse. Huge development. There's a real shot at landing him now that he'll take an OV, especially since he's been on campus twice already I believe. I just have the sense this kid would fit great with the 2022 class, both on and off the court, and the school in general. I would love to see Xavier Booker commit to Duke -- that would certainly help.
So, according to a Duke fan page, Duke is not really pursuing Booker that much anymore and Duke insiders don't believe he wants to go there. They started to prioritize Estrella because they think they can get him. Booker intends to identify his top 5 on Monday.

JB and Red have left Peach Jam and are at UA for Estrella and Elmarko. Gmac stayed at PJ and I assume Griff is at Adidas.

Not according to Matt Norlander (because he is a hack and constantly wrong)

Norlander is weird but fair. We weren’t at the game. Says a lot about our chances for both. Would be thrilled to be wrong on both.
But we were at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors