Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the bar was low. When he is visiting recruits in their HS gyms, thats when I would call it “he is putting in effort”
Agreed. I guess im so used to him mailing it in the last few years that im thrilled he is actually doing some work on the trail.

Agreed. I guess im so used to him mailing it in the last few years that im thrilled he is actually doing some work on the trail.

He didn’t mail it in last year. He was all over the place. You can check those threads from last year and see people, maybe even you, saying the same things.

I mean the bar was low. When he is visiting recruits in their HS gyms, thats when I would call it “he is putting in effort”
Exactly. Every year he goes to all the major AAU tourneys in mid-summer (Peach Jam, Adidas, etc.) but he doesn’t go to the early summer AAU games (maybe coaches aren’t allowed then?) or any high school games. I don’t know what difference it would make, but you have to think it would make some impression on these kids, and every little bit helps. I don’t know what other coaches are doing, but you do see Calipari and others popping up at high school games.

Last edited:
He didn’t mail it in last year. He was all over the place. You can check those threads from last year and see people, maybe even you, saying the same things.
Ok he didn't mail it in and yes, he landed an excellent class. I'm glad Hes still working it but let's not confuse Jims's efforts with some of the other coaches.

Exactly. Every year he goes to all the major AAU tourneys in mid-summer (Peach Jam, Adidas, etc.) but he doesn’t go to the early summer AAU games (maybe coaches aren’t allowed then?) or any high school games. I don’t know what difference it would make, but you have to think it would make some impression on these kids, and every little bit helps. I don’t know what other coaches are doing, but you do see Calipari and others popping up at high school games.

College coach’s attending a HS game is rare. If you see someone did, it’s a one off. I bet we’ve had a coach at a HS game but it’s not a common occurrence. Several good reasons for it not being common. The colleges play/practice 6 days a week. Not every school has an unlimited travel budget. Etc. Wasn’t it Elmarko that said prior to these big tournaments that JB had seen a lot of his games? Where? How?

Ok he didn't mail it in and yes, he landed an excellent class. I'm glad Hes still working it but let's not confuse Jims's efforts with some of the other coaches.

I watch a lot of these tournaments and other big games. I don’t see 300 coaches. I don’t even see 100. Why did Miller miss all but one of Ducharmes games?

College coach’s attending a HS game is rare. If you see someone did, it’s a one off. I bet we’ve had a coach at a HS game but it’s not a common occurrence. Several good reasons for it not being common. The colleges play/practice 6 days a week. Not every school has an unlimited travel budget. Etc. Wasn’t it Elmarko that said prior to these big tournaments that JB had seen a lot of his games? Where? How?
Its not rare at all to go to HS games and open gyms during the college bball year. Coach Cal has many many faults but he grinds. He goes after actual games to HS gyms. Just 1 example

Its not rare at all to go to HS games and open gyms during the college bball year. Coach Cal has many many faults but he grinds. He goes after actual games to HS gyms. Just 1 example
No doubt Cal gets a lot of frequent flyer miles on his private jet. Maybe Adam will lend his to JB...

I watch a lot of these tournaments and other big games. I don’t see 300 coaches. I don’t even see 100. Why did Miller miss all but one of Ducharmes games?
Big tournaments are like corporate conventions. You need to go to show face but there is not a lot of real work done. The real work is done with the day to day.

Big tournaments are like corporate conventions. You need to go to show face but there is not a lot of real work done. The real work is done with the day to day.
You've obviously forgotten when Michael Scott broke Staples' exclusive hold on Hammermill products and secured a deal with the company for Dunder Mifflin at the Northeastern Mid-Market Office Supply Convention

SmartSelect_20220726-134708_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors