Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the west, you have to sneak onto the east’s #2 after you finish #3 on the west
That stinks. Buy I guess it is better than free admission to the corn maze. ;)

Shed Headless Horseman GIF by Conner Prairie

I have seen GMac play. He has a really good swing. Fine player.

Pretty sure the SU students can play both Drumlins courses for free. Definitely the public one.

Nice perk.

Might be the first time the golf course plays a role in landing a quality hoops recruit. I like it.
And we know lots of great business deals are closed on the golf course. I like it also.

Reading the tea leaves here I think he is Cuse. He was thinking about another visit in the Iowa article. He was saying he might take another visit after Cuse (before he took his Cuse official) in the Iowa article last week. Now after his Cuse visit he does not want to take another official. Also he was saying in the Iowa article before his Cuse official he didn’t really have a decision timeframe because he wasn’t sure if he wanted to take another official after Cuse. Now with the Cuse article he is saying he is going to go home to talk with fam and friends and make a decision soon….sounds like we have the momentum, the visit made a huge impression and think we are in the drivers seat here fellas. I know the staff is pretty confident on this one too

Last edited:
Reading the tea leaves here I think he is Cuse. He was thinking about another visit in the Iowa article. He was saying he might to take another visit after Cuse (before he took his Cuse official) in the Iowa article last week. Now after his Cuse visit he does not want to take another official. Also he was saying in the Iowa arrival before his Cuse official he didn’t really have a decision timeframe because he wasn’t sure if he wanted to take another official after Cuse. Now with the Cuse article he is saying he is going to go home to talk with fam and friends and make a decision soon….sounds like we have the momentum, the visit made a huge impression and think we are in the drivers seat here fellas. I know the staff is pretty confident on this one too
Love it. Another thing to consider (although I don’t think it’s a deciding factor) is that if he chooses Cuse he has the opportunity to stick it to Duke a couple times a season.

Reading the tea leaves here I think he is Cuse. He was thinking about another visit in the Iowa article. He was saying he might to take another visit after Cuse (before he took his Cuse official) in the Iowa article last week. Now after his Cuse visit he does not want to take another official. Also he was saying in the Iowa arrival before his Cuse official he didn’t really have a decision timeframe because he wasn’t sure if he wanted to take another official after Cuse. Now with the Cuse article he is saying he is going to go home to talk with fam and friends and make a decision soon….sounds like we have the momentum, the visit made a huge impression and think we are in the drivers seat here fellas. I know the staff is pretty confident on this one too
I like to give Jim heck about recruiting but last year and now this year he seems more engaged. The staff has put in the work and i believe that this kid would be putting himself in position to make the league by selecting SU. Jim is a magician with players like this. Marek is the latest. Lydon and many before him have benefited from JB and his use of long and athletic stretch type players. We have the skills around him to let him thrive. I hope for his sake he is comes to Syracuse.

I like to give Jim heck about recruiting but last year and now this year he seems more engaged. The staff has put in the work and i believe that this kid would be putting himself in position to make the league by selecting SU. Jim is a magician with players like this. Marek is the latest. Lydon and many before him have benefited from JB and his use of long and athletic stretch type players. We have the skills around him to let him thrive. I hope for his sake he is comes to Syracuse.
jim has been better - but is it good enough in the new landscape of constant flux? Bringing in one stud per year is fine if he’s willing to tap the NIL angle to keep core players from leaving. Losing cole was inexcusable when you have Weitsman.

And the board's sake

Yeah Cuse does well with players like JP. Another good thing about JP is that he’s likely not a one and done type player. I can see him for sure leaving before his 4 years but I think he will be here 2-3 years. Which is great because this years class is full of a bunch of 3-4 year players. Other than Mintz who is likely a 1-2 year player here. This years class is a really solid base for 3-4 years, JP and depending on what guards we bring in are likely 2-3 year players as well. This years class and likely JP’s class is a really good foundation. It’s been said before about how we are in play for a lot of elite players in a class but it’s never come to fruition. But I’m pretty confident the 2024 class is lining up really well for some elite talent to come to here. There’s a couple big names that WANT to be at Cuse as part of the 2024 class and the staff knows it and wanted them too. There’s good reason for optimism around here. The biggest factor in the next few years, for our success won’t so much be the talent of the players we have cause we will have talent….it’s who will be coaching.

Yeah Cuse does well with players like JP. Another good thing about JP is that he’s likely not a one and done type player. I can see him for sure leaving before his 4 years but I think he will be here 2-3 years. Which is great because this years class is full of a bunch of 3-4 year players. Other than Mintz who is likely a 1-2 year player here. This years class is a really solid base for 3-4 years, JP and depending on what guards we bring in are likely 2-3 year players as well. This years class and likely JP’s class is a really good foundation. It’s been said before about how we are in play for a lot of elite players in a class but it’s never come to fruition. But I’m pretty confident the 2024 class is lining up really well for some elite talent to come to here. There’s a couple big names that WANT to be at Cuse as part of the 2024 class and the staff knows it and wanted them too. There’s good reason for optimism around here. The biggest factor in the next few years, for our success won’t so much be the talent of the players we have cause we will have talent….it’s who will be coaching.
What names do you think are the top ones to know for 2024?

I just spoke to a very big name in the NYC prep scene and he said Red thinks he is getting the job after JB.

If Hubert Davis and Jon Sheyer can lead UNC and Duke with no head coaching experience, then I’m on board with Red as well. There are a lot of DMV hs players that Red seems connected with.

I just spoke to a very big name in the NYC prep scene and he said Red thinks he is getting the job after JB.

If Hubert Davis and Jon Sheyer can lead UNC and Duke with no head coaching experience, then I’m on board with Red as well. There are a lot of DMV hs players that Red seems connected with.
Makes sense, especially since one of the main selling points for SU is the family atmosphere.

Reading the tea leaves here I think he is Cuse. He was thinking about another visit in the Iowa article. He was saying he might take another visit after Cuse (before he took his Cuse official) in the Iowa article last week. Now after his Cuse visit he does not want to take another official. Also he was saying in the Iowa article before his Cuse official he didn’t really have a decision timeframe because he wasn’t sure if he wanted to take another official after Cuse. Now with the Cuse article he is saying he is going to go home to talk with fam and friends and make a decision soon….sounds like we have the momentum, the visit made a huge impression and think we are in the drivers seat here fellas. I know the staff is pretty confident on this one too
I was curious so I went back and read both of the Fan Nation articles side by side. I'll copy and paste the quotes discussing a decision:
Iowa: "After this next visit (to Syracuse), I should have a good idea of where I'm at. I'll take some time to think and talk things over with my family and coaches," Estrella said.
Cuse: "I think right now I need to go home, digest it a little bit," Estrella said. "Talk with my family, talk with my coaches and see if I'm ready to set a date and just get this thing started."

The only difference I pulled out is that McAllister is a much better writer than whoever wrote that Iowa article.

Another tidbit from mom’s ig. Little bro brought that cuse hat to the visit. He didn’t get it during the visit.
This is the kind of news that is meaningless to everyone except us Uber fans who parse everything nine ways. Having done that I still don’t know if it’s good or bad. I will parse some more.

This is the kind of news that is meaningless to everyone except us Uber fans who parse everything nine ways. Having done that I still don’t know if it’s good or bad. I will parse some more.
Depends. Did the little guy wear an Iowa hat to Iowa? Did he get to visit Iowa. If not, that could be the decider.

Don't know when they were posted, but Rvls and 23/7 both have low level Iowa indicators (60% confidence and 1 #5 med CB).

Don't know when they were posted, but Rvls and 23/7 both have low level Iowa indicators (60% confidence and 1 #5 med CB).
Not seeing anything on Rivals (the thing you mentioned is a fan vote, not an analyst one). The 247Sports CB was a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom