Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy has already gone on record as saying he isn't coming back. So I'm not sure where you are getting that impression.
People have changed their minds. Andrew Szymt wasn't coming back until he was. But agree that I'm not sure that will be the case with Buddy.

Buddy has already gone on record as saying he isn't coming back. So I'm not sure where you are getting that impression.
People change their mind. Put me on record that IF the season doesn't end well that Buddy seriously considers it.

I have to wonder if Cole might be reconsidering that idea of leaving early. Im not sure where he would go that would be a better opportunity then Syracuse next year, professional opportunities included. He's not an NBA player and would struggle mightily in most high level overseas leagues.

Where was that? Must have missed it

I have to wonder if Cole might be reconsidering that idea of leaving early. Im not sure where he would go that would be a better opportunity then Syracuse next year, professional opportunities included. He's not an NBA player and would struggle mightily in most high level overseas leagues.
He’ll be 23 this May. If he comes back that means he won’t leave Syracuse until he’s 24. He needs to maximize his earning potential window - he can make money somewhere

If Buddy does not start playing better he Will Be Back.
NBA executives draft/sign just as much, if not more so, on potential compared to college talent. Look at one and dones with poor stats getting drafted high. Buddy proved at the end of last year, with signs this year, he can play in the modern NBA with his skillset. Those in the league are smart enough to know college shooting percentages can be based on opponents face guarding him as the best player, would not be an issue in the league; staying another year would do very little to improve what execs know about him already. His draft position may change slightly but he's gone regardless.

Back to Maliq, please.

He’ll be 23 this May. If he comes back that means he won’t leave Syracuse until he’s 24. He needs to maximize his earning potential window - he can make money somewhere
I can understand the desire to begin on the next phase of his life, but im not sure if playing in Kazakhstan or a lower level league in turkey or somewhere in Europe out ways the opportunity to put you skills on show as the go-to guy at Syracuse next year, while you earn a degree. If he was playing at a high level, which I do think he is capable of, I would completely understand the desire to capitalize on his success, but, he really still needs to show those abilities

I can understand the desire to begin on the next phase of his life, but im not sure if playing in Kazakhstan or a lower level league in turkey or somewhere in Europe out ways the opportunity to put you skills on show as the go-to guy at Syracuse next year, while you earn a degree. If he was playing at a high level, which I do think he is capable of, I would completely understand the desire to capitalize on his success, but, he really still needs to show those abilities
Here we go again…

People change their mind. Put me on record that IF the season doesn't end well that Buddy seriously considers it.
His reasoning has little to do with how the team finishes.

His reasoning has little to do with how the team finishes.
I meant if it doesn't end well for Buddy. If he continues to struggle with his shot and doesn't have the big lift he had last season that possibly he comes back for one more to try and improve upon.

I meant if it doesn't end well for Buddy. If he continues to struggle with his shot and doesn't have the big lift he had last season that possibly he comes back for one more to try and improve upon.
In order for that to happen, he would probably feel obligated to ask someone for their blessing. Or that someone would give him their blessing unsolicited. There’s a chance for the latter, I’ll give you that.

Not sure what you mean?
I think there was a time when your premise was how things worked and we would have been in agreement back then. Today, though, the book is out on Swider and there’s not much more he can do to improve his stock. If he can get paid to play anywhere next year, that’s probably his best path.

I think there was a time when your premise was how things worked and we would have been in agreement back then. Today, though, the book is out on Swider and there’s not much more he can do to improve his stock. If he can get paid to play anywhere next year, that’s probably his best path.
And that's a good thing! Lotsa money to be made overseas. Who knows what the roster will look like, but I'm ok with Joe, Jesse, Frank, Symir and the kids. (A portal stud forward is my wish)

I get where your coming from, but I think its a bit of a roll of the dice either way. I think cole is a bit in-between still at this point with regards to how scouts view his potential/ability. There is still a lot of season left but to date his career has not displayed his potential,, and i mean that in a very positive way. Hopefully the season plays out in his favor and he closes well. I truly believe he has the talent and ability to be very good, he just hasnt been able to put it all together, yet. Thats why I think he would be better served coming back for an extra year and playing the Buddy roll, be the show case for us next year and improve his stock.

If covid messes up the season i hope both Buddy and Cole return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom