Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be a wet blanket, only saw the kid in person for one half of one game where his team got smoked. But in that game he was checked by a grown 6’11” man and our gut committed a multitude of JB sins, double pumping under the tin and getting blocked, bail out 3 pointers that missed…he’s toolsy for sure and cannot teach that length but there’s a ways to go.

And I really hope I’m wrong.

Interesting. If that is the case that would make 4 guys (assuming Carey giving the injury is going to set his development back) that there are possibly some clear challenges to adjusting to the college game and needing more time. Bunch has been ok it seems but not like he is jumping out at you on his film.

Hopefully that number shrinks once they get on campus and actually onto a court.

Of note is Mintz would be the highest rated guy in our class on the composite if he came here and second to Bunch on 247 alone. Sort of speaking to the need to ensure this class has immediate contributors in it.

Last edited:
Interesting. If that is the case that would make 4 guys (assuming Carey giving the injury is going to set his development back) that there are possibly some clear challenges to adjusting to the college game and needing more time. Bunch has been ok it seems but not like he is jumping out at you on his film.

Hopefully that number shrinks once they get on campus and actually onto a court.

Of note is Mintz would be the highest rated guy in our class on the composite if he came here and second to Bunch on 247 alone. Sort of speaking to the need to ensure this class has immediate contributors in it.
Bunch is exactly the kind of guy that comes to campus and blows everybody away from day one. He is Quincy and Oshae and CJ fair type player. But the potential game changer in the class is Copeland in my opinion. Period

Bunch is exactly the kind of guy that comes to campus and blows everybody away from day one. He is Quincy and Oshae and CJ fair type player. But the potential game changer in the class is Copeland in my opinion. Period
Bunch is not nearly as ready and Quincy and Oshae were. Those two were very strong with the ball. Bunch stands at the 3 point line.

Bunch is not nearly as ready and Quincy and Oshae were. Those two were very strong with the ball. Bunch stands at the 3 point line.
Bunch is a 2/3. Quincy and Oshae were 4/3's. I don't know if he will be "ready", but he doesn't need to be as strong as an interior player.

Sure hope you are right.

Not saying he had the same game at all but we severely underestimated those guys and impact too. This squad is going to struggle to shoot and bunch is probably the best pure shooter in the ….wait for it…bunch. If we can get QC and JM I the lane we are going to have wide open wings

Not saying he had the same game at all but we severely underestimated those guys and impact too. This squad is going to struggle to shoot and bunch is probably the best pure shooter in the ….wait for it…bunch. If we can get QC and JM I the lane we are going to have wide open wings
The struggling to shoot is why I think there’s no way we are going to be very good next year. Couple that with novices in the zone I expect a season like 1997 or 2008.

The struggling to shoot is why I think there’s no way we are going to be very good next year. Couple that with novices in the zone I expect a season like 1997 or 2008.
Yeah we are completely going to struggle outside. But maybe that’s ok. I do think there is a decent chance Cole stays

Have you watched Quincy at Oregon? He also stands at the 3-point line.

To me, Bunch is like Mookie Jones; hope he shows more immediate upside when he arrives on campus. We can use his shooting skills and length for the zone

This kid could fill a huge need as a weakside shotblocker/rebounder. Something this current team
really lacks. You get around Edwards - or he's raced way outside to cover for the awful D by the
other four non-defenders - and you don't have anyone to challenge at the rim. That sort of player
changes the entire gameplan.

I hope he's able to contribute quick.

Kev

Have you watched Quincy at Oregon? He also stands at the 3-point line.

To me, Bunch is like Mookie Jones; hope he shows more immediate upside when he arrives on campus. We can use his shooting skills and length for the zone
That’s where Altman wants him to play. He showed he has the ability to play down low with us. It’s like the Knicks having Toppin in places he doesn’t belong. From the several full games of Bunch I have seen, he’s not ready. We get so caught up in highlights now-a-days that we can think anyone is a star. Until proven otherwise, I don’t know how we can be optimistic about this class.

That’s where Altman wants him to play. He showed he has the ability to play down low with us. It’s like the Knicks having Toppin in places he doesn’t belong. From the several full games of Bunch I have seen, he’s not ready. We get so caught up in highlights now-a-days that we can think anyone is a star. Until proven otherwise, I don’t know how we can be optimistic about this class.
Every player is different. Lawrence Moten was never a star in high school and he came in and was game ready from day one. Benny Williams was a top 50 borderline five-star recruit and has proven to not be ready at all.

Every player is different. Lawrence Moten was never a star in high school and he came in and was game ready from day one. Benny Williams was a top 50 borderline five-star recruit and has proven to not be ready at all.
Benny Williams isn’t exactly getting a fair shake

Benny Williams isn’t exactly getting a fair shake
Have you watched the games? He’s been terrible all year. In Benny’s defense, I think his head has been spinning all season because of defense and not knowing where to be inside the zone. He’s also been way too passive and deferential to the older players on the team. Hopefully, if he sticks it out, he will be far more comfortable when the Boeheim brothers leave

Have you watched the games? He’s been terrible all year. In Benny’s defense, I think his head has been spinning all season because of defense and not knowing where to be inside the zone. He’s also been way too passive and deferential to the older players on the team. Hopefully, if he sticks it out, he will be far more comfortable when the Boeheim brothers leave
Yeah, I’ve watched…

Ok, So let me ask you something. You can tell Benny has been “terrible” all year based on his limited opportunity? The coach has been terrible.
Even Williams himself acknowledges he hasn’t been good and isn’t ready.

Even Williams himself acknowledges he hasn’t been good and isn’t ready.

He repeated it yesterday and even used the P word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom