Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, So let me ask you something. You can tell Benny has been “terrible” all year based on his limited opportunity? The coach has been terrible.
The coach has been terrible constructing the roster but Benny has been terrible in the limited minutes he has played so far.

Bunch is exactly the kind of guy that comes to campus and blows everybody away from day one. He is Quincy and Oshae and CJ fair type player. But the potential game changer in the class is Copeland in my opinion. Period

I wish that Bunch could come in like Fair or Quincy or Brissett. But I don't see the muscle of the Canadian guys, and I don't see the handle that Fair had, to allow him to work the baseline so well, even as a young player.

I just don't see it. I see somebody who projects much closer to a starter as a junior, not as a freshman. No handle. A nice shot, but an old man's shot. He can dunk, but so can everybody. I would put him closer to Kris Joseph, as another person said in this thread. He can't dribble as well on the break. He has a simple back-and-forth rhythm move for his outside shot, which he has added to the 3 inch jump shot.

KrisJo didn't do much as a freshman. It took until sophomore year for him to blossom into a solid rotation player, and started playing like a star as a junior. I think that was his best year, his junior year (2011 team).

He used to run the break like a kamikaze, he and Wes in 2010. We had the best fast break in America. And then he took a bad spill, and dialed it back just a bit to protect himself. You can see it in the numbers that he wasn't the same impact contributor on the 2012 team (our last great team).

So, to me Bunch looks like he's going to take a little time. Benny looked better coming out than Bunch. Not everybody makes a smooth adjustment from HS or Prep to College. It takes some guys a year or two.

I wish that Bunch could come in like Fair or Quincy or Brissett. But I don't see the muscle of the Canadian guys, and I don't see the handle that Fair had, to allow him to work the baseline so well, even as a young player.

I just don't see it. I see somebody who projects much closer to a starter as a junior, not as a freshman. No handle. A nice shot, but an old man's shot. He can dunk, but so can everybody. I would put him closer to Kris Joseph, as another person said in this thread. He can't dribble as well on the break. He has a simple back-and-forth rhythm move for his outside shot, which he has added to the 3 inch jump shot.

KrisJo didn't do much as a freshman. It took until sophomore year for him to blossom into a solid rotation player, and started playing like a star as a junior. I think that was his best year, his junior year (2011 team).

He used to run the break like a kamikaze, he and Wes in 2010. We had the best fast break in America. And then he took a bad spill, and dialed it back just a bit to protect himself. You can see it in the numbers that he wasn't the same impact contributor on the 2012 team (our last great team).

So, to me Bunch looks like he's going to take a little time. Benny looked better coming out than Bunch. Not everybody makes a smooth adjustment from HS or Prep to College. It takes some guys a year or two.
Joseph was overweight his first season and wasn’t much of a shooter until his Jr or Sr seasons. If anything the comparison I see is Demetris Nichols.

Btw, did Rivals update their rankings recently? I didn't think our guys were as highly ranked as they are. If we can land Mintz, we would have 4 top 100 guys.

Btw, did Rivals update their rankings recently? I didn't think our guys were as highly ranked as they are. If we can land Mintz, we would have 4 top 100 guys.
About a month ago.

Speaking of such Rivals has Dior down to 33 and Kamari Lands is at 81 behind Taylor and Bunch.

Speaking of such Rivals has Dior down to 33 and Kamari Lands is at 81 behind Taylor and Bunch.
Yeah, rankings aren't the gospel, but they are a good way to look at overall talent of a roster. I have gone back through all the national championship teams of the past 10 years or so, and most are not stocked with lots of 5 star guys. Most are filled with top 100 guys. Baylor had numerous guys ranked outside the top 100.

I actually think Taylor can produce here next year. I just think he's better suited as a forward and not a guard.
you thinking more ready at SF in year 1 than Bunch?

you thinking more ready at SF in year 1 than Bunch?
He looks like he’s more physically ready than Bunch. I think he will be able to rebound, play d, and can be good 18 feet and in. He’s pretty good taking bigger guys to the hoop in his film.

I don’t think Brown will be ready at all. He plays the weakest competition of any of our guys and it’s going to be a big jump early.

He looks like he’s more physically ready than Bunch. I think he will be able to rebound, play d, and can be good 18 feet and in. He’s pretty good taking bigger guys to the hoop in his film.

I personally don’t think Brown will ready at all. He plays the weakest competition of any of our guys and it’s going to be a big jump early.

I believe Taylor will play the most next year. Maybe even Start.

I don’t think Brown will be ready at all. He plays the weakest competition of any of our guys and it’s going to be a big jump early.
Brown might be the most ready defensively. He can score without running anything for him. He has a nose for the ball and his defense and rebounding might get him minutes.

Joseph was overweight his first season and wasn’t much of a shooter until his Jr or Sr seasons. If anything the comparison I see is Demetris Nichols.

I understand the comparison, because it also took Nichols a couple years. I think Nichols had better fundamentals than Bunch has shown so far in his videos.

I understand the comparison, because it also took Nichols a couple years. I think Nichols had better fundamentals than Bunch has shown so far in his videos.
Nichols issue was confidence, not skills. Pure stroke from day 1

Great stat line for Maliq. This kid is such a heady, under-control player. I am very impressed with his court awareness and BBIQ.
F Brown
F Cole
CJesse
G jg
G Judah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44