Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stat line for Maliq. This kid is such a heady, under-control player. I am very impressed with his court awareness and BBIQ.

He could have a Roberson- or Roberts-like impact for us, and of course maybe better. His sophomore year, before the injury Junior year, he looked like a 6-5 Paul Harris, just bodying people out of the way in the lane. That aggression gets into your DNA as a player.

The wild card might be that all of the European leagues are not reasonable destinations right now.

If Cole sees his future in Europe, he could seriously average 18 points and 9 rebounds a game next year, shoot close to 40% from 3, and 85-90% from the line. He would probably make an All-ACC team. That would be a resume builder, IMO. I think he would be more in-demand.

Just imagine DNich working with him for another year, as the featured forward. And then you add in Joe as mostly the lead 2G who has range into last week, holy crap, why wouldn't you roll those dice? You got a better deal with Trabzonspor in Turkey?

Last edited:
I know Maliq doesn't play against the same competition as other 2022 commits, but he's had a really nice season!
It will be interesting to see how each of the new guys gets used next year. I don't agree with JB that this is his best class, but there is a player at each position and each one seems to bring some versatility. And, they are at varying degrees of being "ready". And, who knows which ones are more than ready than others. We can speculate, but nobody really knows.

It will be interesting to see how each of the new guys gets used next year. I don't agree with JB that this is his best class, but there is a player at each position and each one seems to bring some versatility. And, they are at varying degrees of being "ready". And, who knows which ones are more than ready than others. We can speculate, but nobody really knows.
Well said, my friend. I think we all know, rankings-wise, this isn't JB's best class ever. But the five guys (fingers crossed about Mintz) cover all five positions, and some of them have already played together over the years, so I'm hoping for strong chemistry and each of them sticking around for multiple years (stupid portal). I just like Brown's physicality, his defense, his rebounding...but I'm no recruiting expert!

Including the coaching staff?

Well said, my friend. I think we all know, rankings-wise, this isn't JB's best class ever. But the five guys (fingers crossed about Mintz) cover all five positions, and some of them have already played together over the years, so I'm hoping for strong chemistry and each of them sticking around for multiple years (stupid portal). I just like Brown's physicality, his defense, his rebounding...but I'm no recruiting expert!
I like that about him, too. I hope it translates to this level. This is going to sound crazy, but I hope he isn’t a nice guy. At least on the court.

Well, until they saw him in pickup games on campus before his freshman year, they didn't know the full extent of Carmelo's talent.
I heard it was leaving the shower.

Including the coaching staff?
I mean no coaching staff fully knows, no? 5 stars, 4 stars bust every year. 3 star kids, overseas kids, etc blow up every year. It’s a crap shoot to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom