Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

Curious as to who you guys prefer if given the choice.., Roberts or Carrigan? I guess I'm of the philosophy you take who signs first. But if given the choice, I'd take Carrigan.

If he doesn't commit on the 24th it will ruin my birthday.

I would take Carrigan but don't think Roberts is a consolation, they just offer different skills. With Bazely a likely 1 and done I could see Roberts as his replacement. Or maybe they could play together with Baz at the 3 and Sidibe at 5 when we need size.

I prefer Carrigan because of how amazing a shot blocker he is but I like Roberts too. I would take either and not be too upset. I know Francis was really high on Carrigan and respect his opinion. The reality is with Baze and if we land Carey I'm fine with Roberts or Carrigan and would be on cloud nine for this class.

I'm team Carrigan, but I have no clue on our chances with him. Seems like we have a great shot with Nate, so if he commits then that's just fine with me. Just love Carrigan's instincts on D. Perfect fit for the middle. Roberts better offensively. I think he's definitely a 5, and won't come in playing D like TT though, so I'm fine with either. Carrigan is that rim protector that allows you to press, and makes up for mistakes others make though. Need a QB at the 5. That's why guys like Baye, and yes, Forth were great and underrated. They were intelligent, and called out assignments. On that front, no clue who would be better there between these two.

I'm team Carrigan, but I have no clue on our chances with him. Seems like we have a great shot with Nate, so if he commits then that's just fine with me. Just love Carrigan's instincts on D. Perfect fit for the middle. Roberts better offensively. I think he's definitely a 5, and won't come in playing D like TT though, so I'm fine with either. Carrigan is that rim protector that allows you to press, and makes up for mistakes others make though. Need a QB at the 5. That's why guys like Baye, and yes, Forth were great and underrated. They were intelligent, and called out assignments. On that front, no clue who would be better there between these two.

Can we "accidentally" have Carrigan and/or Roberts visit on the same day as Baz and Carey?

Can we "accidentally" have Carrigan and/or Roberts visit on the same day as Baz and Carey?

Would be nice to get Carrigan on a visit before Roberts to see where we stand. September 8th sounds like a good day to me. Roberts list indicates to me that he's going with Hop, or coming here. While leaving the option of a Wake open.

Carey, Carrigan, and Bazley on an official together. They hit it off, then JC, and DC decide to join DB, and BB to create a monster class. Let's make it happen. Absolutely loaded with Hughes, OB, Marek, Sid, Moyer, HW, Frank, PC thrown in there. Will lose a couple of those most likely, but the depth would be insane regardless. Skilled, versatile depth, and may be able to add more.

Not sure why but I'm not really excited by Roberts.

I get what your saying...i do think that he has tons of potential and the obvious measurable...think he just hasn't "figured" it out yet but is due to break thru...hopefully he has a big final year at brewster...i think you can't take much from his aau games this summer because of the style of play and the team he was on etc because he certainly didn't have a stellar summer and left much to be desired.

I get what your saying...i do think that he has tons of potential and the obvious measurable...think he just hasn't "figured" it out yet but is due to break thru...hopefully he has a big final year at brewster...i think you can't take much from his aau games this summer because of the style of play and the team he was on etc because he certainly didn't have a stellar summer and left much to be desired.

I'm going by more than that. That said, if Red and the staff want him, I trust he'd be a great addition to the class.

Unless he makes some big strides this year I don't see him being a huge contributor right away (which is totally fine) and may be a guy we need to be a little patient with to develop into what we need and want...as many say on here a "program guy." And we need guys like that to build around just have to make sure we keep bring in talent like bazley to sprinkle in there with our program guys!

I would definitely take him as a program guy; otherwise he goes to Wake, and you just know he will go for a 20 and 10 game against us...
Not sure he will do a 20/10 but the best thing about having 13 schollies is that we have room for more "program" guys. We've had a lot of guys who developed as upperclassmen.

Not sure he will do a 20/10 but the best thing about having 13 schollies is that we have room for more "program" guys. We've had a lot of guys who developed as upperclassmen.
Which begs the question. Could we take both Carrigan AND Roberts? To go along with Baze and Carey?

I always assume we lose more guys than expected every year so this question is with the assumption that we have 4 schollies to give next year.

Which begs the question. Could we take both Carrigan AND Roberts? To go along with Baze and Carey?

I always assume we lose more guys than expected every year so this question is with the assumption that we have 4 schollies to give next year.

Nah. Either or.

I have family from both WF and Cuse (went to Navy) so I follow both. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a scholarship open for Roberts at Wake by the time he visits/commits. WF has two forwards visiting on the 15th and one of them (Mucius) is considered a WF lean and WF will be the last OV for him. So he could decide shortly after that visit.

I'm not exactly sure how to read the UConn comment from Roberts. Is that just the date he chose to either fish or cut bait with UConn? Or is it significant as once he visits Cuse, he won't need to visit UConn signifying Cuse being at the top?

Oct 17.

"If I don't come up with a date to visit UConn before my Syracuse visit, I probably just won't go." Sounds like he's taking the spot to me before Carrigan does.

Would be nice to get Carrigan on a visit before Roberts to see where we stand. September 8th sounds like a good day to me. Roberts list indicates to me that he's going with Hop, or coming here. While leaving the option of a Wake open.
Of course, recency and primacy may have an impact.:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom