Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

Like his offensive abilities, and the ability to run. Carrigan is the rim protector, but this kid has loads of potential. A nice Carey, and Roberts combo sounds good to finish up. King would be the icing on the cake, but I'll settle for the two piece.

Like his offensive abilities, and the ability to run. Carrigan is the rim protector, but this kid has loads of potential. A nice Carey, and Roberts combo sounds good to finish up. King would be the icing on the cake.
Our cake isn't going to have icing but Bazely with Carey, Roberts and Boeheim would be great

Like his offensive abilities, and the ability to run. Carrigan is the rim protector, but this kid has loads of potential. A nice Carey, and Roberts combo sounds good to finish up. King would be the icing on the cake, but I'll settle for the two piece.
I think Sidibe is going to be a good rim protector and we could use Roberts ability to run. If we had JC with Roberts and Bazely we would be off to the races. It would bring me back to the way we played during my childhood and when dasher was in his 40's.

I prefer Carrigan because of how amazing a shot blocker he is but I like Roberts too. I would take either and not be too upset. I know Francis was really high on Carrigan and respect his opinion. The reality is with Baze and if we land Carey I'm fine with Roberts or Carrigan and would be on cloud nine for this class.
It's weird that Verbal Commits has Roberts as a SF and Carrigan as a C. If that's the case.

I was wondering why he was so under the radar as far as his recruit rankings -- didn't realize he had this growth spurt.

Mecsit
I was wondering why he was so under the radar as far as his recruit rankings -- didn't realize he had this growth spurt.
Me either. I thought he was like 6'8" or 6'9"

Can't play, but at least he's 6'10" now.

I may step back slightly from my initial assessment early in this thread. I'd still prefer Carrigan as a zone anchor/free safety/thug down low, but I believe even back then I think I said Nate had a higher ceiling...just no idea if he'd ever get anywhere near it, and that his skillset was a lot different than Carrigan's. Nate may be taller, but is less of a "down low" guy.

I'm not sure if I'm thinking too much, but him wearing that Denver Nuggets beanie may be a good sign for a couple of reasons that I can think of(former SU forwards). I can also think of one reason why it might be a not so good sign(the other meaning of the word "nugget" in Denver, although I doubt the latter is why he's wearing it ;) ).

I wonder why the only bigs were looking at in this class are Carrigan and Roberts? I would have thought that they would have at least a few others being targeted.

Im a little worried about the C position, Carrigan looks like a he might be long shot at this point and Roberts (I do like the growth spurt) could be a bit of a project, if he comes. If we miss out here and Chukwu doesn't pan out then we only have Sidibe as a C at this point, who we hope and pray will work out. Seems like a bit of a roll of the dice here at a pretty thin position. Really really would like to be more involved with a few more bigs.

I wouldn't go that far. He's a project, for sure. But suggesting he can't play might be overstating it--sounds like he's got good offensive skills, and playing at Brewster will help his developmental curve.

That was a tongue and cheek reaction to the idea that growing 2 inches made a world of difference. You either can play or you can't. People make out like the difference between 6'7" and 6'9" is the difference between Sam Spann and Michael Jordan. It doesn't matter how tall you are you still have to be able to play. And I have no idea whether Roberts is a player or not. I'll leave that to JB and crew to decide.

That was a tongue and cheek reaction to the idea that growing 2 inches made a world of difference. You either can play or you can't. People make out like the difference between 6'7" and 6'9" is the difference between Sam Spann and Michael Jordan. It doesn't matter how tall you are you still have to be able to play. And I have no idea whether Roberts is a player or not. I'll leave that to JB and crew to decide.
I understand what your saying but being taller does help when playing basketball.

Be happy if he picks us, but it's been since Rak since we've had a big produce for us. I'll believe he's good when I see it. Hopefully Sidibe shows us something this year.

It would be very surprising if we don't land Roberts. Red loves him plus there is the Buddy connection.
You would have to think it's happening soon. Not everyone needs to drag it out.