Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

No, I know you're telling the truth. we beat one set of Huskies for one player and could lose to another for Roberts. Oh well, we will be okay regardless.
If he goes there, it means he doesn't want to compete with our loaded frontcourt...just kidding, but I wanted to get a jump on the spin.

No, I know you're telling the truth. we beat one set of Huskies for one player and could lose to another for Roberts. Oh well, we will be okay regardless.
I know Hop isn’t breaking any rules (unwritten or otherwise) and I know he’s trying to assemble the best roster possible. I’m just surprised he’s competing with us for a recruit that was on our radar before he left. Even if JB told him not to hold back (and it wouldn’t shock me if he did), I’m still surprised.

I know Hop isn’t breaking any rules (unwritten or otherwise) and I know he’s trying to assemble the best roster possible. I’m just surprised he’s competing with us for a recruit that was on our radar before he left. Even if JB told him not to hold back (and it wouldn’t shock me if he did), I’m still surprised.

Yeah. He shouldn't try to do the best he can, for his team. The recruit was on Hops radar too. Your position is silly and niave, IMO.

Frankly, Hop should try to put the screws to JB, who far over stayed what I am sure Hope believed to be his time at SU. Because JB can't let go, Hop had to uproot his family to get his chance.

If no Roberts, is there another big to go after? Is Carrigan still in the mix? Seemed he was trending away from Syracuse last I read.

Regarding recruits going to Washington, Hopkins as we know is a good recruiter.

What we don't know is that he must be a good juggler.

Even without Nate Roberts, he currently will have 15 players on his 2018-2019 team.

He must be planning to clean a little house because the maximum number of scholarship players on any team is 13. He must expect to lose 2-3 players to transfers or other attrition avenues. I do not foresee anyone on his team declaring early for the NBA.

It would be nice to get him but if we lose him I wouldn't lose a second of sleep over it. He is not a plug and play kid, he would need time to develop before he would have an impact. There will be plenty of opportunities to find a kid for that spot the way recruiting has evolved over the last few years between 5th year grad transfers, decommitments, regular transfers (there will be some program going on probation), European/foreign players, late bloomers, etc.
With a class of Carey, Bazley and Buddy, and with one 2019 already committed, our staff with have lost of time to find a very nice substitute IF Roberts goes elsewhere. Not to worried.

HA!

Yeah. He shouldn't try to do the best he can, for his team. The recruit was on Hops radar too. Your position is silly and niave, IMO.

Frankly, Hop should try to put the screws to JB, who far over stayed what I am sure Hope believed to be his time at SU. Because JB can't let go, Hop had to uproot his family to get his chance.

This!

Hop's doing the best he can to rebuild what should be a prominent program.

I hold nothing against him. I wish him all the luck in the world, as at this time I'm confident we still have the coaches in place to succeed despite whatever circumstances in recruiting.

Your position is not an actual response to mine, IMO.

Agree, he is not a must get, concur with Dasher we are behind Wash, we will see, we are at 11 kids for 18,not including Tyus (Drafts) and including Buddy (does not count as scholarship)
If Roberts falls thru we will add 1 big more than likely grad transfer route, which is aok, I do not see Nate getting on the floor much next season, I am holding all judgment on Paschal until we see him play in 5-6 games, regardless Bourama would be ahead of Nate, plus concern from Nates camp is playing time and potential redshirt , we have offers out for several bigs futur

JB, Red and Gmac speak with Hop on a regular basis, they had dinner a few times this summer Vegas and Atlanta, I do not worry about Mike H, prefer he does a great job, has success, gains the experience and let's seewhat happens

HOF HC JB - I trust

Last edited:
Agree, he is not a must get, concur with Dasher we are behind Wash, we will see, we are at 11 kids for 18,not including Tyus (Drafts) and including Buddy (does not count as scholarship)
If Roberts falls thru we will add 1 big more than likely grad transfer route, which is aok, I do not see Nate getting on the floor much next season, I am holding all judgment on Paschal until we see him play in 5-6 games, regardless Bourama would be ahead of Nate, plus concern from Nates camp is playing time and potential redshirt , we have offers out for several bigs futur

JB, Red and Gmac speak with Hop on a regular basis, they had dinner a few times this summer Vegas and Atlanta, I do not worry about Mike H, prefer he does a great job, has success, gains the experience and let's seewhat happens

HOF HC JB - I trus
Great post. All true. Don't be surprised if we don't even fill the spot, unless Marek or someone else leaves unexpectedly.

HOF HC JB - I trus
Thanks for the info. Where do we send the dollar!!

Would really like to pull Roberts to balance the class and because I think he could do really well here.

I guess I can see that a big man maybe doesn't have to be the biggest priority right now though. We've got 2 seasons of the Chukwu/Sidibe Power 5. Whiffing this recruiting cycle on a big man isn't disastrous, but it does mean we need a game ready big in the 19 class as a top priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom