Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I'm anxious to see some new tape on Woody because there isnt much out there of him. Will be really interesting to see how he does against brewster and Kadary coming up soon. He looks pretty good here in a few clips hitting from outside and a pretty sweet dunk from right under the hoop even though it didnt count.

I'm anxious to see some new tape on Woody because there isnt much out there of him. Will be really interesting to see how he does against brewster and Kadary coming up soon. He looks pretty good here in a few clips hitting from outside and a pretty sweet dunk from right under the hoop even though it didnt count.

I’ll be at the game Friday when they face each other. Looking forward to it.

not much of him in this but the move at the foul line in the beginning was real nice and has a sweet dunk towards the end.

Wasnt really sure how I felt about him as a player but after starting to see some more tape on him he looks like the prototypical cuse player that can thrive in our system. Looks like he could be a real nice stretch 4. Can put the ball on the deck a bit and seems to make some nice passes. Serviceable shot from outside and likes to dunk aggressively. Looks like he would be a monster shot blocker helping from the weak side. I like what I'm seeing and I'm anxious to see more throughout the year.

He looks like a combo forward to me, and plays on a high level team both in talent and coaching. They were running some nice offense, feeding the post, screens, etc. In the interview he stated they had 8 D1 players and it shows.

I’ll be at the game Friday when they face each other. Looking forward to it.
I think Woody's team will win going away, their front line is head and shoulders better than Kadary's. The Brewster team is a guard dominated team.

I think Woody's team will win going away, their front line is head and shoulders better than Kadary's. The Brewster team is a guard dominated team.
Brewster also doesnt look like they play tough defense. They run up and down and score a lot but their defense is ehhh from what I've seen. Will be interesting to see how the game goes.

Brewster also doesnt look like they play tough defense. They run up and down and score a lot but their defense is ehhh from what I've seen. Will be interesting to see how the game goes.
Agreed! That is a coaching issue IMO.

Wasnt really sure how I felt about him as a player but after starting to see some more tape on him he looks like the prototypical cuse player that can thrive in our system. Looks like he could be a real nice stretch 4. Can put the ball on the deck a bit and seems to make some nice passes. Serviceable shot from outside and likes to dunk aggressively. Looks like he would be a monster shot blocker helping from the weak side. I like what I'm seeing and I'm anxious to see more throughout the year.

He's exactly what this current team needs. Looking forward to him getting on campus next year.

“I’m eager to win a national championship. I’ve already signed my letter of intent to Syracuse, and I’m just trying to get a championship under my belt.”

Ummmmm....yes please.
Best quote ever

Newton hit his first three-ball. Then had a couple of turnovers. First one maybe should have been whistled as a foul as he drove from the top of the key.

No one else is watching?

A couple of quick observations:
  • Richmond looks like the primary ball handler for Brewster
  • The clips we've seen since he committed weren't highlights -- he has a terrific handle for a 6-5 guy, very smooth with the ball, looks very comfortable even when closely defended
  • He's got a mature physique -- big / strong looking kid, unlike many of the recruits we bring in. He looks like a grown azz man already
  • Missed two shots on drives, but this kid is going to excel creating his own shot. Very quick, he breaks ankles with the slick handle
  • Ole defender -- he had his hands on his hips one defensive possession... playing man

A couple of quick observations:
  • Richmond looks like the primary ball handler for Brewster
  • The clips we've seen since he committed weren't highlights -- he has a terrific handle for a 6-5 guy, very smooth with the ball, looks very comfortable even when closely defended
  • He's got a mature physique -- big kid, unlike many of the prospects we bring in
  • Missed two shots on drives, but this kid is going to excel creating his own shot

I’m here. I agree. KR is capable of playing the point. He’s missed 3-4 shots that he’s capable of making. I have him for 4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist for the half.