Class of 2025 - PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered

Getting this kid to come to cuse is going to be a monumental challenge for the staff. Hope it happens though because he is obviously a great player.

Well he currently is going to one of the best private schools in the country so I would say it matters.

Rooting for …. Uconn with Thomas. Still feel it will be an uphill battle for Lewis but we seem well placed.

https://basketballrecruiting./news/mail-call-indiana-uconn-providence-transfer-portal

Last edited:
Duke has 20+ NBA players. Three of which were in the NBA Finals. Three of which have their own sneaker. Total contracts this year totaling in the 9 figures and overall aggregate contracts in value of over a billion.

They are going to have another 3-4 guys go in the first round and the likely #1 overall pick.

There is no falling for it. They get their guys across the line. We don't.

We're hoping that Cole can get a cup of coffee and that Judah can even make a G-League team, besides Jerami.

Melo was at Cuse before Acaden was even alive.

I think he should come to Cuse and I'm sure Red is working his tail off to get him. But there is no "falling" for anything. Duke gets a lot of their guys paid.

Our MVP last year went there and he isn't likely going to the NBA. Duke is legit.
This line of reasoning is asinine and repeated often.

If, say Zion Williamson and Jayson Tatum had gone pro out of high school, they would have been the exact same players they are now.

Going to Duke did zero to help them.

If they had gone to Syracuse or North Dakota State, they still would have been lottery picks and extremely wealthy.

Indeed, look at the guys that Duke recruits and get lost in the shuffle, and actually hurt their careers. There are more of them.

Every single top10 recruit that goes to Duke and doesn't go in the lottery should count against them in equal measure.

But even "fans" like you that supposedly root for another team roll out this meme like it's fact every time a guy elects to go to Duke or Kentucky.

Being a deep bench player at Duke and getting recruited over (usually before you even get to campus) and riding the bench doesn't help your career.

Cooper Flagg, Maluach and Ngongba are going to push Maliq Brown to the bench, for instance.

Thus, a guy who ought to have really improved his NBA prospects at Syracuse will have ended his chances by going somewhere else to be a bench warmer.

And yet the kids, and the adults around them, fall for it year after year.

It's annoying it happens, but it's even more annoying when my fellow Syracuse fans also drink the Kool Aid and pronounce how great it is to go to Duke.

If you are one of the true greats every season, it doesn't matter where you go. Duke can only hurt you.

This line of reasoning is asinine and repeated often.

If, say Zion Williamson and Jayson Tatum had gone pro out of high school, they would have been the exact same players they are now.

Going to Duke did zero to help them.

If they had gone to Syracuse or North Dakota State, they still would have been lottery picks and extremely wealthy.

Indeed, look at the guys that Duke recruits and get lost in the shuffle, and actually hurt their careers. There are more of them.

Every single top10 recruit that goes to Duke and doesn't go in the lottery should count against them in equal measure.

But even "fans" like you that supposedly root for another team roll out this meme like it's fact every time a guy elects to go to Duke or Kentucky.

Being a deep bench player at Duke and getting recruited over (usually before you even get to campus) and riding the bench doesn't help your career.

Cooper Flagg, Maluach and Ngongba are going to push Maliq Brown to the bench, for instance.

Thus, a guy who ought to have really improved his NBA prospects at Syracuse will have ended his chances by going somewhere else to be a bench warmer.

And yet the kids, and the adults around them, fall for it year after year.

It's annoying it happens, but it's even more annoying when my fellow Syracuse fans also drink the Kool Aid and pronounce how great it is to go to Duke.

If you are one of the true greats every season, it doesn't matter where you go. Duke can only hurt you.

You think going to Duke and being coached by K since you used Zion as an example or the Kentucky guys in Cal's dribble drive offense didn't help them *at all*? I get the hate for both of those programs, but to say that K or Cal didn't help those guys at all is insane.

Do you think JB's coaching helped Melo *at all*, for example? Because I 100% do. Or are you saying he could have gone and been coached by Gary Waters at Rutgers and there would be no difference since he was a one and done and had the talent to go NBA? Did it matter that he played at Cuse? Did it matter he was coached by a HoFer? I think so. Was he going to the NBA? Yep. Was his career better because he chose JB over a crap coach? I sure as heck think so.

K and JB were part of the Olympic coaching staff that won in 2008, 2012 and 2016. You think they were picked to be cardboard cutouts?

And here's the thing about Maliq, let's see he is in the rotation (at worst) at Duke. Would you rather be behind Flagg and co (guys going 1st around and lottery) or behind Lampkin, Donnie and Bell? Maliq has a HUGE mountain to climb to get to the NBA, it is highly unlikely for him to make the NBA.

And what other team do I root for? Acknowledging reality vs playing make believe doesn't mean I root for another team. If you've literally ever seen my posts about Duke or UConn I think you would see that, clearly. Also, since I've been since I was 4 and from upstate NY, then went to Cuse for undergrad, then grad school and still root for them, its been four decades of being a fan, I think I'm confident in my being a fan.

Let me put it another way, how do you think Acaden is being sold on Syracuse? "Hey, all those guys at Duke are losers and didn't need to go there to get all those giant contracts and shoe deals, so you can come to Cuse and have the same thing since your talent means it doesn't matter where you go".

https://basketballrecruiting./news/...b109wNH7ODsbX6uHxnO9g8AgrqW7VPK_eagoekXiou-bs

Cuse and UConn mentioned here as the “major players”

So ... just passing this along. It's not my intel, but two separate people who are pretty plugged into the HS recruiting scene texted me in recent days stating that Syracuse, Duke and UConn look pretty good for Acaden. I believe that was noted in one of the Rivals articles in this thread, too. One person texted me saying he heard that Syracuse is in a very good spot with Acaden. To reiterate, I'm not an insider on his recruitment, so take it for what it's worth. But I did want to pass along to my buddies here!

So ... just passing this along. It's not my intel, but two separate people who are pretty plugged into the HS recruiting scene texted me in recent days stating that Syracuse, Duke and UConn look pretty good for Acaden. I believe that was noted in one of the Rivals articles in this thread, too. One person texted me saying he heard that Syracuse is in a very good spot with Acaden. To reiterate, I'm not an insider on his recruitment, so take it for what it's worth. But I did want to pass along to my buddies here!
I can second that info. It’s a tied for first with cuse and Duke with UConn next. Duke has slight edge. But Red is working overtime on this one…

I can second that info. It’s a tied for first with cuse and Duke with UConn next. Duke has slight edge. But Red is working overtime on this one…
Really appreciate the info you provide to this board. Just out of curiosity, do recruits typically tell coaches from other schools if they currently have one team ahead of all the rest? Or is it something the coaches inference from conversations?

Really appreciate the info you provide to this board. Just out of curiosity, do recruits typically tell coaches from other schools if they currently have one team ahead of all the rest? Or is it something the coaches inference from conversations?
Can be both. Coaches want honesty and sometimes they get it and sometimes they don’t. In this case they know where they stand

I don’t mean to discredit anyone’s intel at all, but just wanted to share that I’ve been told from a very good source that UConn and Duke lead here with Cuse behind a good bit. Was also told that UConn is supposedly beginning to prefer Acaden over Meleek Thomas. Hope I’m wrong.

Does tied with Duke mean that if they get their preferred PG then we have a chance?