Class of 2025 - PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Acaden Lewis (DC) Offered

From Zagsblog today:

Syracuse: “It was good. [Their message] is that we’re coming, that I’d play from Day 1 and that they have a spot on the team. They have opportunity for me. [Five-star commit Sadiq White] he wants me to throw oops for him and stuff like that.”

Duke: “It was great. The coaches were amazing. The team looked great in practice and the practice had good pace. [It’s] definitely a place I could see myself playing. The brotherhood has a pipeline to my area which is cool. [They said] I can come in and play from Day 1, they’ll have a spot probably open up with Caleb Foster or Tyrese Proctor potentially leaving [for the NBA], so they’ll be a spot for me to play.”
Yuck

From Zagsblog today:

Syracuse: “It was good. [Their message] is that we’re coming, that I’d play from Day 1 and that they have a spot on the team. They have opportunity for me. [Five-star commit Sadiq White] he wants me to throw oops for him and stuff like that.”

Duke: “It was great. The coaches were amazing. The team looked great in practice and the practice had good pace. [It’s] definitely a place I could see myself playing. The brotherhood has a pipeline to my area which is cool. [They said] I can come in and play from Day 1, they’ll have a spot probably open up with Caleb Foster or Tyrese Proctor potentially leaving [for the NBA], so they’ll be a spot for me to play.”
If this wasn’t telling enough lol

Doesn't look good. Unfortunately we as well as almost every school will have a difficult time beating them for a kid they really want.

Like I said earlier, let's hope Cayden Boozer commits to Duke. We will still have to fight off Kentucky, but they aren't as attractive without Pay Cal.

We need Kiyan to commit soon and then with Sadiq, put the press on Acaden. With Kiyan on board, SU will look more attractive.

From Zagsblog today:

whatever

I think the higher ranked point guard Cayden Boozer will end up at Duke with his brother. We should be worried about other teams on his list.
I was talking to a buddy of mine today actually about this who is pretty tuned in with Duke recruiting etc. Not saying Duke is Lewis’ top choice but he believes that Lewis doesn’t have a commitable offer from Duke currently because they are focused on Boozer as priority #1. Like you mentioned if the Boozer brothers select Duke then Lewis won’t be heading there most likely.

I think the upcoming season is very crucial for us as we need to perform well in conference play, and make the tournament in order to attract top recruits. Freeman will also need to be a stud and be a lottery pick. If these things happen, it will prove to recruits that the program is heading in the right direction and we can turn top recruits into one and done lottery picks. This will give us a shot at '25 guys who are committing late, top players in the portal, and '26 prospects.

Right now, we are still at a disadvantage going up against the premier programs for guys like Acaden, but we have done well getting Freeman and Sadiq White into the fold. If we lose Acaden, we still have a good chance of getting solid players as Coach Autry and staff are out there recruiting and casting a wide net as opposed to focusing on a handful of players like we did near the end of JB's tenure. So much hinges on this upcoming season.

I’ll just say yes he’s falling for the brotherhood unfortunately but that won’t stop Red

Duke has 20+ NBA players. Three of which were in the NBA Finals. Three of which have their own sneaker. Total contracts this year totaling in the 9 figures and overall aggregate contracts in value of over a billion.

They are going to have another 3-4 guys go in the first round and the likely #1 overall pick.

There is no falling for it. They get their guys across the line. We don't.

We're hoping that Cole can get a cup of coffee and that Judah can even make a G-League team, besides Jerami.

Melo was at Cuse before Acaden was even alive.

I think he should come to Cuse and I'm sure Red is working his tail off to get him. But there is no "falling" for anything. Duke gets a lot of their guys paid.

Our MVP last year went there and he isn't likely going to the NBA. Duke is legit.

Duke has 20+ NBA players. Three of which were in the NBA Finals. Three of which have their own sneaker. Total contracts this year totaling in the 9 figures and overall aggregate contracts in value of over a billion.

They are going to have another 3-4 guys go in the first round and the likely #1 overall pick.

We're hoping that Cole can get a cup of coffee and that Judah can even make a G-League team, besides Jerami.

I think he should come to Cuse and I'm sure Red is working his tail off to get him. But there is no "falling" for anything. Duke gets a lot of their guys paid.

Our MVP last year went there and he isn't likely going to the NBA. Duke is legit.
The guys they have gotten in to the league would have gotten into the league after going to any school. It doesn't change the perception, though.

The guys they have gotten in to the league would have gotten into the league after going to any school. It doesn't change the perception, though.

Most would have. But these guys are getting second contracts and getting Nike shoes, etc.

The knock on Duke guys used to be that they flamed out in the NBA and now they do not.

Melo would have got to the NBA without Cuse but that doesn't stop us from leveraging his popularity.

Most would have. But these guys are getting second contracts and getting Nike shoes, etc.

The knock on Duke guys used to be that they flamed out in the NBA and now they do not.

Melo would have got to the NBA without Cuse but that doesn't stop us from leveraging his popularity.

Winning and having future NBA starters year in year out is extremely expensive- it always has been but now maybe more than ever. I think too much is made of everything else. Either you spend and do so wisely, even if you spend big,or you just carry on stuck in the middle or bottom.

We seem to be slowly moving towards being willing to spend as we should to get back to winning but it’s certainly not been a fast process.

When it comes to getting guys to the NBA regularly and having long careers, we simply have not been able to do that. We have 2 guys that should be 1st round and possible lottery picks in Sadiq and Donovan. We need to showcase and make sure those guys deliver, one year after the other. If both guys are 1st round picks in '25 and '26 (and possibly Kiyan if we snag him) that is a great start and will make it easier for us to get the guys who will make it to the NBA regardless of what school they attend.

Another thing that can help is nothing but $$$$. There are schools that get sure fire lottery recruits simply by buying them. I really thought Wiseman would be that guy for us. We need a guy or two that can simply ask a top 10 recruit "how much for your services" and write a check. Sorry to say, but that's what a lot of schools do.

Agree -- and that's an argument that I've made many times when discussing UK under Calipari, when he was getting so much credit for getting guys to the league.

But perception is reality. And Duke [throwing up in my mouth as I type this] has been on a recruiting tear ever since they decided to stop letting Kentucky get the top high school players.

Agree -- and that's an argument that I've made many times when discussing UK under Calipari, when he was getting so much credit for getting guys to the league.

But perception is reality. And Duke [throwing up in my mouth as I type this] has been on a recruiting tear ever since they decided to stop letting Kentucky get the top high school players.

And with that said they’ve been to two final fours in the past decade including the one title in 2015. When K shifted to just surpassing UK in recruiting it did nothing to boost their yearly end game.

Duke is without a doubt number 1 combination of academics and getting guys drafted. Nobody else is close

Right. So the message is you are already one of the best, you’ll compete with future NBA guys every day, and we’ll help get you to the next step. Oh, and we got big bucks

Right. So the message is you are already one of the best, you’ll compete with future NBA guys every day, and we’ll help get you to the next step. Oh, and we got big bucks
You forgot "Brotherhood dur dur dur, brotherhood dur..."

And with that said they’ve been to two final fours in the past decade including the one title in 2015. When K shifted to just surpassing UK in recruiting it did nothing to boost their yearly end game.

And yet, recruits fawn over them because of the perception that their program is elite.

We've lost several recruits to them who would have been better off coming here. But oh well.

I love that we're sticking it out for lewis, instead of folding up tent like the previous head coach would have done by this point. And until he commits, the die has NOT been cast. But when he describes his visit here as good, and his visit there as great, it tells you all you need to know what about the buzz surrounding their program compared to ours.

Sickens me to admit that.