Class of 2024 - PG Brooklyn “Showtime” Vick (FL) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PG Brooklyn “Showtime” Vick (FL)

Any word on this one?

Committed?

Posted a few mins ago, then post deleted... So who knows??

Screenshot_2024-04-07-14-47-30-898.jpg

Last edited:
Not to say they are the same, but J. Morant was about 5’10” and skinny with 2 offers, then he blew up in college.

If Red wants to use all 13 ships every year, it’s likely you’re talking about taking a flyer here and there. This kid could be that this year or next year. At worst of practice player better than most walk-ons.

Last edited:
Haven't watched any tape of this kid so maybe this comment is wrong. However, I'm surprised we're recruiting non-immediate or close to immediate impact high schoolers. Especially guards. I could see one project Big because they take longer to develop. But guards will just be reloaded in the portal every year.

Haven't watched any tape of this kid so maybe this comment is wrong. However, I'm surprised we're recruiting non-immediate or close to immediate impact high schoolers. Especially guards. I could see one project Big because they take longer to develop. But guards will just be reloaded in the portal every year.

That's what makes this situation so strange. I wouldn't remotely care if he was being brought in as a walk on.

And I wouldn't care if we were chock loaded with talent, and there's one additional recruit with upside that the staff likes and takes a flyer on.

This doesn't feel like either scenario.

If Red keeps missing on top prospects and recruiting under the radar projects, he won’t be the head coach at Syracuse for long.
Isn’t Donnie Freeman a top prospect and isn’t he coming to Syracuse?

Who has Red recruited in his one year of head coach that he missed on (and please don’t say Jalil Bethea)?

I was able to find a record of some of his stats from playing in EYBL a year ago. He played in 3 games where he averaged 6.3 points, 1.7 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 1.7 steals, and 3.0 turnovers in 21 minutes per game on 30% FG% and 33% 3PT%.

If we take his stats on MaxPreps at face value, he's shot 51% on 2 pointers and 32% on 3 pointers over the last 3 years of varsity basketball, averaging 16 points per game (including 19 per game this most recent season).

Something feels very Catfish on this. Has this kid even visited?

Something feels very Catfish on this. Has this kid even visited?
I believe it's been said that we are recruiting him and would like him on board if things work out. Reading between the lines it seems like the kid was too eager to commit but the staff isn't ready yet to make it a actual commit able offer

Who has Red recruited in his one year of head coach that he missed on (and please don’t say Jalil Bethea)?

NY point guard Boogie Fland.

We didn't even make his final 8 and he committed to Kentucky (10/23), so interest in our offer was likely slim: Syracuse Basketball: 5-star PG Boogie Fland, who held SU offer, has top 8

Perhaps we'll get a second swing with Calipari going to Arkansas??

He's the type of recruit we should be landing, especially since we've needed a point guard for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom