Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) Decommitted from Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be less critical of fans who post about this stuff when it is clearly coming. There was a lot of criticism of people who said this was likely
To happen a few weeks ago.

This is a message board. People speculate. Often times they are right. Let’s not be so critical of people moving forward.

Try just for once, talking in the real world. I told you weeks ago there was a problem. No one was going to get this kid in academically if he doesn't go to high school.
i'll take this chance to own up to being wrong on this. you weren't talking to me just then, but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. i was big wrong.

so hey, look at that!

i'll take this chance to own up to being wrong on this. you weren't talking to me just then, but i gave him the benefit of the doubt. i was big wrong.

so hey, look at that!
I wasn't looking for any of that Walsh. You also let me know this before all this. I would love to have been wrong on all of this. The kid is great but he is a diva.

I wasn't looking for any of that Walsh. You also let me know this before all this. I would love to have been wrong on all of this. The kid is great but he is a diva.
you were never looking for it/expecting it but i'm all about being accountable.

it is what it is

Dior is a 5 star generational talent that we haven't gotten since Carmelo. We should have made it work and gotten him clear. Your darn right you run through more hoops for certain guys and he is one of them. Kentucky UNC Kansas Duke would have done it.
Thats dumb 3.gif

Got to the 6th page and am shocked nobody mentioned anything about the Tyler Lydon comment. I think a good portion of us never thought Dior would get here, but for him to make a comment about it, especially as a former player, rubs me the wrong way.

Got to the 6th page and am shocked nobody mentioned anything about the Tyler Lydon comment. I think a good portion of us never thought Dior would get here, but for him to make a comment about it, especially as a former player, rubs me the wrong way.
I’ve seen former players bashing Lydon on twitter multiple times. It was along different lines but between that and the Dior comment it’s safe to say he’s not my favorite ex-player

I’ve seen former players bashing Lydon on twitter multiple times. It was along different lines but between that and the Dior comment it’s safe to say he’s not my favorite ex-player

I too have seen this

Mine either and at one time, he was.

Did you notice were not?

Seems like a lot of wasted time answering calls, FaceTimes, texts, etc.

I get it -- he's a monster. But writing was on the wall for a long time. And nobody else was even sniffing around him trying to flip him.

Finite resources should be utilized wisely. As soon as we knew he wasn't playing college basketball, why continue the charade?

I get it -- he's a monster. But writing was on the wall for a long time. And nobody else was even sniffing around him trying to flip him.

Finite resources should be utilized wisely. As soon as we knew he wasn't playing college basketball, why continue the charade?
when he was still recruiting others to su he was worth the effort. he had a real impact on closing benny and who knows? another with a dior connection may yet follow

the kid has a lot going on. He’s in the.000001% of basketball players and is having a rough time with some things. The staff cares about the kid and tried to help him hence keeping the commitment. Sometimes it’s as simple as people wanting to help people so that’s why it’s continued

Take this how you want it...
Exact text conversation-

Me: w t ff with this dior ?
D: you surprised? Al confirmed that he would never qualify anywhere.
Me:You don’t see him playing anywhere?
D: ya g league man. Kid isn’t even going to graduate HS.
Me: So this change Gayle situation?
D: They got to play catch up right now but they have a case. I told you about the tyus flip, holding to it. They got some other aces they are after that aren’t really public. Al is on one from the city.

We were #16 preseason two years ago.

But overall...it’s been a weird mixture of not as good of recruiting but then hitting on some recruits that unexpectedly go pro early. Ideally we find a sweet spot of top 50 type recruits that stay 4 years.

Yeah, we have guys leave early and wind up in Siberia.

Status
Not open for further replies.